The dreadful SG - at it again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I taped yesterday's Eek show (thankfully - can't handle SG).

Within the first minute poor Alison O'Reilly is introduced as knowing almost as much about jewellery as SG. Alison then had to re-introduce herself as an expert with 22 years experience (through gritted teeth).

Totally useless post, sorry, but I have PMT (again) and that woman drives me nuts. Her foot must have been sewn into her mouth before she started at Q. I'm just shocked she's allowed to present the way she does. I taped the Aurora show, too, but deleted it (with great satisfaction) when I saw SG presenting it. She was rude to the lovely guest last time I saw them together and couldn't put myself through that again.

Does anyone else get a weird road-rage type of anger when they watch certain presenters?

Within the first minute poor Alison O'Reilly is introduced as knowing almost as much about jewellery as SG. Alison then had to re-introduce herself as an expert with 22 years experience (through gritted teeth).

Totally useless post, sorry, but I have PMT (again) and that woman drives me nuts. Her foot must have been sewn into her mouth before she started at Q. I'm just shocked she's allowed to present the way she does. I taped the Aurora show, too, but deleted it (with great satisfaction) when I saw SG presenting it. She was rude to the lovely guest last time I saw them together and couldn't put myself through that again.

Does anyone else get a weird road-rage type of anger when they watch certain presenters?
l
The only one I really really hate is SG. for a shop assistant she places herself much to high above her station, she's a failed actress and the only reason she is on Q is because she's a failed tv presenter, If you get my drift.

i taped yesterday's eek show (thankfully - can't handle sg).

Within the first minute poor alison o'reilly is introduced as knowing almost as much about jewellery as sg. Alison then had to re-introduce herself as an expert with 22 years experience (through gritted teeth).

Totally useless post, sorry, but i have pmt (again) and that woman drives me nuts. Her foot must have been sewn into her mouth before she started at q. I'm just shocked she's allowed to present the way she does. I taped the aurora show, too, but deleted it (with great satisfaction) when i saw sg presenting it. She was rude to the lovely guest last time i saw them together and couldn't put myself through that again.

i agree too, but the only thing i wish and envy you for is your pmt - wish i had it lol

No you are not the only one who finds this woman infuriating, as I have said before she is a frustrated actress, who can't accept that the pinnacle of her career is a presenter on QVC (same as CE), but when she then states that she knows just as much as the guest presenters (some like Alison who has had over 20 years in the business, her own business and writes for some prestigious magazines, then I can really understand how she was seething (she was very professional though)). SG probably thinks that because she has been on a couple of Q training courses, that makes her an expert. No the only expert she is in 'foot in mouth disease' (and in my opinion a chronic illness of said disease)!

l
The only one I really really hate is SG. for a shop assistant she places herself much to high above her station, she's a failed actress and the only reason she is on Q is because she's a failed tv presenter, If you get my drift.

I watch very little QVC, so don't know any of them well enough, apart from Debs, Jules, Jilly, Alison, Dale, Charlie, Ali K, to criticise them. Anne Dawson's accented voice, can be like nails on a blackboard.
Regarding Sara, she has not failed at being an actress; most working actors would welcome a role in Emmerdale, and Casualty. Which tv presenting roles, would classify her as a failure? She is, on QVC, a shopping tv presenter.

I watch very little QVC, so don't know any of them well enough, apart from Debs, Jules, Jilly, Alison, Dale, Charlie, Ali K, to criticise them. Anne Dawson's accented voice, can be like nails on a blackboard.
Regarding Sara, she has not failed at being an actress; most working actors would welcome a role in Emmerdale, and Casualty. Which tv presenting roles, would classify her as a failure? She is, on QVC, a shopping tv presenter.

One role as a dead body does not an actress make.

I think if you sat through one of her shows you were truly interested in seeing you too would be screaming at the TV, unless that is you don't wish to hear the guest describing the product, you don't mind her doing personal ordering/contacting friends on air, talking utter twaddle just to hear the sound of her own voice, being rude to viewers and refusing to apologise when she was pulled up on it. If any of these don't worry you then you will love the shows but unfortunately we do mind very much.

One role as a dead body does not an actress make.

I think if you sat through one of her shows you were truly interested in seeing you too would be screaming at the TV, unless that is you don't wish to hear the guest describing the product, you don't mind her doing personal ordering/contacting friends on air, talking utter twaddle just to hear the sound of her own voice, being rude to viewers and refusing to apologise when she was pulled up on it. If any of these don't worry you then you will love the shows but unfortunately we do mind very much.

No way does she contact friends, mid show? Really?

when she left i was relieved i was astonished that there were people heralding her return. i dont like her presenting style and her over verbose vocabulary and not so subtle put down of guests and customers

It is not only SG that irritates me but practically all of the presenters. The only one I find credible is Anne Dawson she is always well turned out, doesn't talk endless dribble and claim to own everything she is selling. Her accent is a plus for me.

when she left i was relieved i was astonished that there were people heralding her return. i dont like her presenting style and her over verbose vocabulary and not so subtle put down of guests and customers

I was pleased when she left too, and quite put out when she returned. She is a very poor presenter and never shuts up.

Only Clare Sutton is capable of causing me proper presenter rage-I find her patronising fake and extremely irritating, even her flicky yellow hair irritates me!!

some of the others are mildly irritating including Sara G- but Clare is in a different league for me!

I do not like her !I cannot stand her presentations! She irritates me and I cannot find anything in her to like her even a little and I have tried.

No way does she contact friends, mid show? Really?

I have seen her frantically tapping away during Lola Rose presentation and other presentations also, and it had nothing to do with the products of the hour and it was no tweets querying about products, or anything at all to do with the particular product of that hour. She was tapping, waiting and tapping , obviously having a conversation.
She was rude! If I was Nikki, I would have said something.

Latest posts

Back