The Dafni Hair-Straightening Brush

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I hope it's a TSV and it seems to be suitable for all hair lengths.

Marina I hope it is too if you fancy one Marina...£39.99 and free p&p...I'll send them positive pricing vibes. I'll be frank, I've never had any success using this psychic method to lower prices but you never know.

Hmmm... I noticed the hair that the "brush" is being pulled through is pulled straight already. I'll stick to my L'Oreal SteamPod. Quick, fantastic and long-lasting results. Wish Q would use their buying power to bring that to their customers!

It looks like a great idea... possibly you won't get the entirely poker-straight hair of ceramic, and possibly not the shine either. But if you just want to control your hair better, and want a less faffy way of doing it, this could be great. Also maybe less risk of burning your skin compared to the Instyler or a set of straighteners?

I despair of my hair, so might be interested in something that looks idiot-proof (we all can brush our hair, I think).

It looks like a great idea... possibly you won't get the entirely poker-straight hair of ceramic, and possibly not the shine either. But if you just want to control your hair better, and want a less faffy way of doing it, this could be great. Also maybe less risk of burning your skin compared to the Instyler or a set of straighteners?

I despair of my hair, so might be interested in something that looks idiot-proof (we all can brush our hair, I think).

May - what's your hair like? Mine's Krystal Tips with her finger in an electric socket with the switch on crossed with Krusty the Clown. I tried GHDs, a T3, numerous dryers, the Babyliss brush that dries as it rotates (can't remember name, sorry), and the Instyler.

Nothing, NOTHING has worked like my SteamPod. One pass through with this and my hair will stay straight until I next wash it. It goes through literally like a hot knife through butter - it always amazes me on first pass the difference in my hair pre and post that first pass. My hair has also stayed in great condition, shiny and swingy. As close to my hair as it was after a Brazilian (which I no longer need). It's expensive (about the same as GHDs - that wrecked my hair), but if mine died tomorrow, I would be ordering another immediately. I've gone through enough stuff in my life that a product's worth to me is the "would I buy it again" test. Not many things pass this test, but this did with flying colours!

May - what's your hair like? Mine's Krystal Tips with her finger in an electric socket with the switch on crossed with Krusty the Clown. I tried GHDs, a T3, numerous dryers, the Babyliss brush that dries as it rotates (can't remember name, sorry), and the Instyler.

Short-ish, double-crowned, thinning, frizzy on one side and wavy-ish on the other. I'm in mourning for my hairdresser who has stopped working Saturdays - she now only works weekdays which I can't get away for. She "gets" my hair. My current hairdresser, bless her, is trying so hard to come to terms with the odd things my hair does.

Really it's too short for any of the rotating thingies, and even if it wasn't, it would need to work differently for one side compared to the other.

I've now given up hope of having good hair days - now I'm thrilled with a "don't need a bag over my head" day.

I have a frizzy hairline which is the bane of my life, thanks Dad! These are giving me great results, dare I say swishy, when I blow dry, Aussie Colour Mate shampoo and Reconstructor 3 Minute Miracle conditioner. Supermarkets have offers on a lot with this range. I don't use straighteners, never have never will and my DD is banned from using them. Strict mother, me? Yes afraid so. The damage I see on young girls upsets me.

Short-ish, double-crowned, thinning, frizzy on one side and wavy-ish on the other. I'm in mourning for my hairdresser who has stopped working Saturdays - she now only works weekdays which I can't get away for. She "gets" my hair. My current hairdresser, bless her, is trying so hard to come to terms with the odd things my hair does.

Really it's too short for any of the rotating thingies, and even if it wasn't, it would need to work differently for one side compared to the other.

I've now given up hope of having good hair days - now I'm thrilled with a "don't need a bag over my head" day.

Can you find a salon that uses SP to try one?

It actually sounds like mine, except I've managed to grow mine to just past shoulder length since having my SP. It took me a while to get used to as I have never done anything with my hair other than wash and rough dry with a hair dryer. I can't even blow dry my own hair. I looked like Limahl after using my other straighteners (but even that was an improvement on natural). But my hairdresser gave me lessons and I finally caught on that if I run the iron through my hair at a vaguely 90 degree angle from my head (it lets the hair drop into place rather than forcing it) - and, most importantly - run the irons all the way PAST my ends, not releasing the clamping until the plates are completely past the ends, I CAN achieve not just a head-out-of-a-bag day, but a real, live GOOD hair day!

If it's any help, my hairdresser is a mobile and doesn't have one due to the faff of having to empty and fill the tank (and she has the right technique with ordinary straighteners anyway), but she does recommend it to all her clients with vaguely difficult hair. All who have bought on her rec have been 100% over the moon with theirs.

I have a frizzy hairline which is the bane of my life, thanks Dad! These are giving me great results, dare I say swishy, when I blow dry, Aussie Colour Mate shampoo and Reconstructor 3 Minute Miracle conditioner. Supermarkets have offers on a lot with this range.

I love Aussie, too - it really is Aussome :mysmilie_14:

I have the Glamoriser and I don't think it is like the Dafni brush. It's great on my hair which is fine and straight as a hair drier/ detangler. I use it on towel dried hair and it leaves the hair shiny and silky. The brush part comes off so you can clean it. Basically you just brush your hair dry with it.

I got the Steampod after Alter Ego and a few other people raved about it (Thanks AE) and it is fab. I would not go back to straighteners if it broke and can do me hair in about 10 minutes and my hair is a frizzy mess before using.

I got the Steampod after Alter Ego and a few other people raved about it (Thanks AE) and it is fab. I would not go back to straighteners if it broke and can do me hair in about 10 minutes and my hair is a frizzy mess before using.

Me too! Best hair styler I've ever owned and so simple to use. Would never go back to straighteners.

I have the Steampod too as recommended by alter ego, it is fantastic. I use it set at 170c and it does not seem to harm my hair. It stops all the frizz that occurs when the weather is humid I've most of the yesr

Latest posts

Back