The Computer Shop TSV - 13/06

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Presented by IMO QVC's worst Technology guest presenter Simon Smithies, one of the most boring men ever to be on Shopping Television.

They said it had high def screen but heard no mention of a Blu Ray drive, doesn't that make it a bit pointless?

It may be the graphics card that allows for the content to be in HD quality, but I wouldn't know as I don't know what graphics card they've included. Does anyone know ? :confused2::)

Quick look on Dell and there are cheaper alternatives on there.

Most graphic cards will play back HD movies to be honest so thats not a selling point, i bought a Dell mini last week from the outlet and that plays HD video and thats got a basic graphics chip installed

Asus k50ij

There are several problems with this tsv. Firstly, how can QVC justify charging only £9.95 p+p for a larger laptop, when they charge £35.00 for a notebook? Also, Craig challenged us to find it cheaper on the web - I have!He is emphasising the point that we are getting £400.00 worth of software included in the price of the tsv. This is misleading, as much of the software is downloadable free of charge and some of it, like the password / form fill in, is included in other software you may have. I have this particular feature with my norton. Finally, the guest reminds us that we have a 1 year warranty included for peace of mind. Actually, 12 months warranty is mandatory.
Having said all of that, it does look like a smart laptop. I only bought my HP last year so, when I do update it, I will go for one with blu-ray and fingerprint recognition and whatever new features have been introduced in the interim.

Just out of interest, how do you pronounce Asus? I always thought it was Ay-sus. Craig seemed to have problems with it last night, but generally it was a-soose!

I say Ay-sus ITWhizz.

I just thought you'd need a Blu Ray drive to be able to watch Blu Ray films.

Presented by IMO QVC's worst Technology guest presenter Simon Smithies, one of the most boring men ever to be on Shopping Television.

We can expect his fan club appearing here very soon then Graham?:giggle:
I agree he's more than tad boring!

Just clicked onto QVC just to see what was on. Have no interest in buying a laptop, netbook, PC etc but was curious to see that delivery was to "mainland UK only". Anyone any ideas why???? It's not like as if they are plants which legally cannot be moved from country to country...could it be something to do with warranty but then why can't Ay-sus provide warranty in Ireland????

Latest posts

Back