The Computer Shop TSV - 13/06

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think one of the major differences Spooky is that Netbooks don't have a DVD drive therefore they are lighter and have a longer battery life (without being plugged into the mains).

Think one of the major differences Spooky is that Netbooks don't have a DVD drive therefore they are lighter and have a longer battery life (without being plugged into the mains).

Thank you Jan. It wouldn't do for me then, I got hit by a huge virus about a month ago and thought that I would wait for this TSV thinking it would hopefully be a desktop system on easypay. (see earlier comments in this thread). Doesn't sound like this is for me so back to pcworld i go ...

Thank you Jan. It wouldn't do for me then, I got hit by a huge virus about a month ago and thought that I would wait for this TSV thinking it would hopefully be a desktop system on easypay. (see earlier comments in this thread). Doesn't sound like this is for me so back to pcworld i go ...

spooky what do you use the desktop for because i`m certain we can find you a good offer online

I saw a red flash thingy earlier saying Asus computer tsv on thursday - think that was the day - was busy farming so only glanced up:thinking2:

ok so its not a netbook for once,

ASUS 15.6" Widescreen Wifi Laptop, 500GB HDD, 4GB Ram & 1.3MP Webcam
Item Number: 561686
QVC Price £657.00
Today's Special Value Price £569.12
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Watch films in High Definition (HD) on the move with this ASUS laptop. It's ideal for film buffs and gamers due to the 720p HD image quality and 15.6" widescreen. To complete the experience, the laptop also has premium surround sound. You can store all your films, games, music and photos on the 500GB hard drive, and there's also 4GB RAM for smooth performance. It comes with a wealth of great-value added software. Measures about 37cm x 25.6cm x 3.1cm-3.5cm (14.6" x 10.1" x 1.2"-1.4"). Direct despatch: allow 10-14 working days; UK mainland.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.561686

Pity, I was hoping for something spectacular but nope, another laptop. The model isn't on the Asus UK website so I'm guessing it's either a new model or more likely the model they sell in the US/for other to rebadge model.

Oh surprise surprise, it is on the american site so I'm going hypothosise and say that Asus are going to be introducing quite a lot of these models in the UK. Asus tend to focus on the premium end of the market whilst making OEM models for others.

BTW, Asus are a good brand - the laptop I have is an Asus and quite solid (17" widescreen!) and been half way round the world and in the boot of my car in the last few months. Still going strong after 3 years :)

Oh, I've lost interest already! Typical QVC, ramble on about all the carp software (I neither want nor need!) that comes bundled with it but no mention of the processor or graphics capabilities!
Don't trouble yourself QVC, I'll just look it up online, shall !? :wonder2:

Hi, remember me you all, I originated the thread. I appreciate you'd have to read my waffle at the beginning, but is this any good?

Hi, remember me you all, I originated the thread. I appreciate you'd have to read my waffle at the beginning, but is this any good?

Having finally found out the full spec, it looks like a pretty good jack-of-all-trades, though I don't have any experience of the brand myself as regards reliability etc. :)

IMHO no I don't think it's very good really and you can do better for the money.

We have 2 ASUS laptops, 1 - 17" for 2 years and 1 15" ish for just over a year.

Both have Vista and have been the the best computers we have bought, if I was buying again I would definitely look at this brand again- except I would probably buy another 17" rather than a 15".

We purchased them from e-buyer and the price included a return to base 2 year warranty at the time.

Not sure of the specs on the TSV (I only research the current specs to have when I'm looking to buy as they are constantly changing).

Last edited:
They said it had high def screen but heard no mention of a Blu Ray drive, doesn't that make it a bit pointless?

Latest posts

Back