The Buckley Poppy Brooch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember the buying frenzy last year which is why I bought one for my mum & I & a lapel pin for my dad back in September.

Some posters getting their knickers in a right twist on the Daily Mail website about how much of the proceeds are actually going to the RBL...shame they don't realise a lot of the products are actually sold by them.

Make a date in your diaires for September/October next year to check out the RBL website to get your poppy orders in early!

Why shouldn't poppies be glitzy?

Here in my local town the guns mark the beginning and the end of the silence. It is always observed on the 11th and not Remembrance Sunday and people still come out on to the street.

I'll be standing there with my glitzy poppy. It's remembering that matters not which poppy you wear.

I got one last year from RBL website and one this year too for my friend.theyre lovely and well worth the money.
I am sorry those that ordered have had such a long wait for them.

Hi,

I ordered a large Buckley from the poppy website 2 weeks ago. It arrived less than a week later.

It is nice, but rather darker than I envisioned.

Cheers,
Karen

Why shouldn't poppies be glitzy? ....I'll be standing there with my glitzy poppy. It's remembering that matters not which poppy you wear.

I agree. Just because I have s pretty poppy it doesn't mean I am an airhead who doesn't appreciate the significance and am wearing it just for show. And if it raising a lot of money then even better.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Well mine is still showing as processing on the poppy shop website although they took my money three weeks ago. I will give it another week then email, if they were an ordinary business I would be quite annoyed by now but this is a bit different.

Well mine is still showing as processing on the poppy shop website although they took my money three weeks ago. I will give it another week then email, if they were an ordinary business I would be quite annoyed by now but this is a bit different.

Same thing happened to me last year, money was taken but item didn't arrive for weeks!!

I received a faulty one in the set that I ordered, & had to return it for exchange, I did so at my own expense because it was a charity, however, I then didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks, when I queried it they sent the replacement immediately by special delivery!! I tried to save the charity money & the lady who dealt with me just wasted it. :angry:

I'm still waiting for mine too. I suppose I have until next year to get it. I did think about canceling the order and ordering again next year, but the money was taken before payday so I'm not missing it. As another poster said, if it was a normal business I would be very cross but as its a Charity I will have more patience. Though I think it would be nice if they sent an email out to their customers just to explain the delay and reassure them that the order will come through. It must be easy enough to a mailing from their database.

I never received the one I ordered from QVC at the end of October either (ordered from there as thought I had more chance of delivery before poppy day!). Eventually I got a refund from qvc.

Hope you all get your refunds from the poppy shop direct soon x

Well I emailed the Poppy Shop today and got an automated email back saying that a shipment of orders placed between 1st - 7th November had gone missing after being dispatched. I placed my order on 4th November so I guess my order is one that has gone astray. They are asking people to email back stating whether they want a replacement or a refund so I will get a replacement ready for next year.

I wonder if the QVC orders were being despatched directly from the Poppy Shop - as this would have been about the time my order should have been shipped - I ordered on 31st October and could explain why my order never arrived?

Well I emailed the Poppy Shop today and got an automated email back saying that a shipment of orders placed between 1st - 7th November had gone missing after being dispatched. I placed my order on 4th November so I guess my order is one that has gone astray. They are asking people to email back stating whether they want a replacement or a refund so I will get a replacement ready for next year.

I still do not have mine although I placed my order in October. I will have to get in touch with them. I think its a shame that if there is a problem with your order that they don't get in touch with you. It's a bit much.

I still do not have mine although I placed my order in October. I will have to get in touch with them. I think its a shame that if there is a problem with your order that they don't get in touch with you. It's a bit much.

I think they were really swamped by the number of orders placed and as they are a charity I'm a bit more forgiving than I would be normally.

Yes. Me too. But I don't think it would take much to email customers with unfulfilled orders just to let them know what was going on. But I'm not about to pick up the phone and have a go over it like I would a normal company.

Mine arrived with pin broken completely off I returned it recorded delivery over 3 weeks ago and no refund or replacement yet
Thought Recorded Delivery was supposed to be reliable, I sent some Tokens to Gatineau for 2 Gifts and they never received them, all I got from Royal Mail was a book of 6 First Class stamps.

Latest posts

Back