That Quacker Man is not funny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Anyone else think that Quacker Man with his silly toy is annoying? Not to mention his awful child like clothes. He probably is a nice man but saw some of his show today and had to turn over. Him & CH were blowing these hootery things that I had aged 5, Really, tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this :mysmilie_1:

Anyone else think that Quacker Man with his silly toy is annoying? Not to mention his awful child like clothes. He probably is a nice man but saw some of his show today and had to turn over. Him & CH were blowing these hootery things that I had aged 5, Really, tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this :mysmilie_1:

Totally agree :mysmilie_7:

Imo the quaker man without the whistle would be fine, but I expect it is yet another selling gimmick that works. The clothes look good quality and well made, but with all the embellishments I have no idea who they appeal to.

Childish and annoying, IMO, and always has been. I assume they are trying to appeal to an adult audience?

Childish and annoying, IMO, and always has been. I assume they are trying to appeal to an adult audience?

Took the words right from my keyboard! I find him very childish and annoying. I remember once switching on to a Quacker show to find Kathy T in a right pout because she'd had her quack toy taken off her by the producer for using it too many times haha... so even the staff behind the scenes dont seem to be a fan of the child like quacking!

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if they were genuinely having fun, but they're not. It's forced and fake and you can tell, a few smiles a few quacks then bam.........serious hard sell, not much fun in that.

Imo the quaker man without the whistle would be fine, but I expect it is yet another selling gimmick that works. The clothes look good quality and well made, but with all the embellishments I have no idea who they appeal to.

Well, if you have ever been to the States and visited the theme parks, its generally oversized American ladies who favour them.

A few years ago I DID buy a short jacket (in sweatshirt fabric) in pale grey with no embellishments, BUT the glass like buttons were the feature. I still have it and it does get compliments. It was one of those items that aired once, sold out and was never repeated.

He seems nice enough and well-informed about the garments' sizing and colours, but the quacking should be kept to a minimum. I bought a couple of Quacker item when there was a £10 or less clothing section in Last Clicks years ago and they're well-made and wash well (subtle embellishment and full-length sleeves too). The sizing is generous but if you see something you like, go for it with the volume turned down.

I guess that's what they are trying to make into their "unique selling point" or USP - the fact that they're wacky and don't take themselves seriously (not that anyone could in those **** clothes). I remember when that lady - think her name was Jean or Jeanne or something like that - used to appear on screen. She would always do that whole quacking thing with the telephone callers who came through. It really was quite cringeworthy - but quite harmless I suppose. There are plenty of women who go in for that sort of thing - you know - the sort that carry shopping bags with pictures of cats on them - dotty old dears in their dotage!

I'm not surprised the producer did that - wonder he/she didn't brain her with it! It's bad enough as a viewer, but if you are in the studio with it, it must drive you mad when you've got to concentrate on what you're doing (of course, concentrating on what you're doing has never been a strong point of Q presenters, so you can see why they think it's funny..). By all means publicise your brand (with an on-screen graphic, labels, etc.), but not with that infantile quacker thing.
Took the words right from my keyboard! I find him very childish and annoying. I remember once switching on to a Quacker show to find Kathy T in a right pout because she'd had her quack toy taken off her by the producer for using it too many times haha... so even the staff behind the scenes dont seem to be a fan of the child like quacking!

From what I've read on here, their clothes can be OK, and the jacket sounds a really nice item, brissles. So to me it's even more of a pity that they irritate by overdoing the quacks, especially when you consider the overpriced carp clothing that Q often push in the name of "fashion". If they must do the quack thing, confine it to the beginning and the end of the programme.
Well, if you have ever been to the States and visited the theme parks, its generally oversized American ladies who favour them.

A few years ago I DID buy a short jacket (in sweatshirt fabric) in pale grey with no embellishments, BUT the glass like buttons were the feature. I still have it and it does get compliments. It was one of those items that aired once, sold out and was never repeated.

He was at a beauty bash a couple of years back, he did seem a very nice man indeed, but not one you'd want to spend more than 10 minutes in the company of. He reminds me of Colin Hunt from the Fast Show, Colin Hunt's Office Trolley;-)

A bit of on-screen fun is fine, but it's knowing when to stop that's crucial. Also, the clothes used to be ok but now I find they are over-embellished which makes them unwearable for most occasions. I don't like clothes that are covered in glittery things. Michelle Hope does the same and Together seems to be heading that way too. QVC only seem to have this sort of rubbish now though.

My grannie (RIP) would've worn a few of those tops, bless her!
I've seen a show once before and was left feeling competency bewildered as to what I was witnessing, and wondering whether I was only one who thought they were all completely crackers! Beyond bizarre! And it's all the primary colours, and childish embellishments, elasticated slacks and so on, quite apart from the duck noises?!
He even mentioned that he does a cruise every year with all of the Quackettes. Definitely a money spinner!

HOWEVER, I turned on qvc yesterday to see Quacker man (I want to say Patrick) and Catherine for a while and, quite despite myself, and the fact that I hate both the clothes and the quacks, I found myself really warming the chap. He does seem like a genuinely nice chap, which is more than I can say of many of the guests....

Patrick seems a really nice bloke but the clothes are dire, the quacking is insane and it reminds me of something you`d see in the kids club at Butlins with a red coat ordering all the kids to blow on their quackers as they traipse off for a treasure hunt to find the duck.

Awww, I like Patrick. I watch Quacker when I'm in need of a bit of brain down but he's harmless and he seems genuinely enthusiastic about the clothes. I've never bought any myself as I feel they are a bit "older lady", but to be honest some of the models look OK to me. Childish? Yes, probably, but no worse than some other shows.

CC

From what I've read on here, their clothes can be OK, and the jacket sounds a really nice item, brissles. So to me it's even more of a pity that they irritate by overdoing the quacks, especially when you consider the overpriced carp clothing that Q often push in the name of "fashion". If they must do the quack thing, confine it to the beginning and the end of the programme.

Thanks, its really quite normal (for QF anyway), but it does have oversize glass-like buttons - one in a pink heart, a plain square one etc, and is in a nice pale grey. Perhaps someone else on here might have it as well. Sort of thing I liked on sight, and ordered, like I said it was never repeated and it sold out fairly quickly - would have been good in different colours.

Latest posts

Back