That Quacker Man is not funny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't stand these presentations, the Quacker man I think has a resemblance to Robin Williams.I took no notice of the clothes because they are not my thing--but just before Christmas I ordered the velour mock twinset.The fabric quality is very good, it is well made and feels comfortable to wear. It also arrived well packed not at all creased.

The brand used to sell perfectly well before they introduced the quackery to the show. And, in my opinion, the clothes were more fun then too.

Imo the quaker man without the whistle would be fine, but I expect it is yet another selling gimmick that works. The clothes look good quality and well made, but with all the embellishments I have no idea who they appeal to.

I think they appeal to the older American woman who would wear flat white lace-up shoes and an eye visor with them. The sort of 70 something ladies you see in the theme parks.

Took the words right from my keyboard! I find him very childish and annoying. I remember once switching on to a Quacker show to find Kathy T in a right pout because she'd had her quack toy taken off her by the producer for using it too many times haha... so even the staff behind the scenes dont seem to be a fan of the child like quacking!

Seriously, Catherine H and quack man did one too many hoots and it got turned over immediately. Like every range, am sure the clothes have fans but honestly none of my friends and family would dare wear them. Explains it all if its biggish in America, not known for their fashion and style. :mysmilie_5:

I have a few pieces of old style Quacker - a couple of Christmas/wintery pieces and something for autumn. They are nice for a bit of fun and they have lasted pretty well. I haven't bought anything from the range in a long time because, personally, I don't find the newer items as different as they used to be. That being said, I am happy to accept that there are lots of people in the world in infinite personalities and styles and many people still love the brand. I also think that Patrick is undoubtedly a nice person (i.e. when the checks and balances of good v bad are calculated). However, his style of OTT wackiness does nothing for me, as a presenting style, and reminds me a bit of a chap I once met who used to be a teacher in an elementary school in the States. I guess, I think that less is more when it comes to telling me how much fun I am having, how terrific I am looking etc.

I have a few pieces of old style Quacker - a couple of Christmas/wintery pieces and something for autumn. They are nice for a bit of fun and they have lasted pretty well. I haven't bought anything from the range in a long time because, personally, I don't find the newer items as different as they used to be. That being said, I am happy to accept that there are lots of people in the world in infinite personalities and styles and many people still love the brand. I also think that Patrick is undoubtedly a nice person (i.e. when the checks and balances of good v bad are calculated). However, his style of OTT wackiness does nothing for me, as a presenting style, and reminds me a bit of a chap I once met who used to be a teacher in an elementary school in the States. I guess, I think that less is more when it comes to telling me how much fun I am having, how terrific I am looking etc.

Less is more in certain presentations and this should be one of them! Like the chap (kind of) but OTT with silly gimmick aimed at adults doesn't cut it for me! :mysmilie_17:

But is a big quack worse than Catherine's gushing, Craig's simpering, Dale's cheesiness, Simon Biagi's double cheesiness, Charlie's greediness and smarminess, Marverine's roll eyes and weird voices, Anne's screeching, Ali Keenan's squawking and so on? All on a par really. If you just had Sara Griffiths and a British brand ambassador for Quack then I doubt they'd sell anything. Patrick sells the clothes and I presume that's why he's there. Quaaaaack :mysmilie_14:

CC

I have got some QF jeans, they are the comfiest and best fitting jeans I've ever had. They aren't too OTT in terms of embellishment, just a few rhinestones on the back pockets.
I don't watch the QF shows though.

But is a big quack worse than Catherine's gushing, Craig's simpering, Dale's cheesiness, Simon Biagi's double cheesiness, Charlie's greediness and smarminess, Marverine's roll eyes and weird voices, Anne's screeching, Ali Keenan's squawking and so on? All on a par really. If you just had Sara Griffiths and a British brand ambassador for Quack then I doubt they'd sell anything. Patrick sells the clothes and I presume that's why he's there. Quaaaaack :mysmilie_14:

CC

YESSSS!!! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back