That Dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
QVC is today talking about Ed Miliband's wife wearing a red dress from QVC, costing £48 but which brand is it? Since 9 am, I have heard it mentioned at least half a dozen times, and it is only 9.25 am!!

I managed to get more info :happy:

Here is what Daily Mail is saying about that dress.

"Ed Miliband's wife Justine turns heads as the lady in bright red at Labour party conference."

The "eye-catching shift dress from the WithSleeves range"

Ed Milliband "was outshone by Justine who wowed delegates in a stunning shift dress"

"Last night Justine Miliband's red shift dress turned heads in Manchester"

and here is THAT dress

article-0-15487060000005DC-750_634x1111.jpg

article-0-15487069000005DC-950_306x480.jpg

OK its a With Sleeves dress but it doesnt say she bought it from QVC so where did they get that from? Have they made it up (surely not)

QVC is just bragging, they have not got the dress mentioned, they only sell that range. No doubt they will get them now, and they better get it for customers for £48 . I have just had a look at Withsleeves range in QVC and they are mostly above £50.

At this moment, Tanya is modelling that red dress and Kathy has just said it will be available in QVC in November

Do you think that Mrs Miliband is a member here on shopping T.V.??
Her first name is Justine so who could she be??
I don't know if there are any "celebratory members" lurking around?
Not that we are not all celebs in our own right

At a previous Conservative conference Sam Cam wore a M & S dress from their 125 years retro range. I remember it specifically only because I had wanted to get one to wear to a winter wedding and it had sold out. It looked fab on her, as does Justine's on her.
I thought I had seen that design on QVC already though, but can't see it on the site now. Perhaps it was on one of the promotions? They often use items they don't yet have in stock for those.

Do you think that Mrs Miliband is a member here on shopping T.V.??
Her first name is Justine so who could she be??
I don't know if there are any "celebratory members" lurking around?
Not that we are not all celebs in our own right

Her maiden name was Thornton and I think they only got married last year.

At a previous Conservative conference Sam Cam wore a M & S dress from their 125 years retro range. I remember it specifically only because I had wanted to get one to wear to a winter wedding and it had sold out. It looked fab on her, as does Justine's on her.
I thought I had seen that design on QVC already though, but can't see it on the site now. Perhaps it was on one of the promotions? They often use items they don't yet have in stock for those.

Which turned out to have been especially made for her and not the normal M&S version. She liked the dress which was no longer available, so M&S got one made just for her.

I'm sure we're all champing at the bit now to buy that dress. I hope no one gets crushed in the stampede! :p

Maybe she was given the dress as a thank you gift from a client she represented in court?!! there's a new one for Q - teachers, binmen, barristers.....

Which turned out to have been especially made for her and not the normal M&S version. She liked the dress which was no longer available, so M&S got one made just for her.

Yes, why didn't I think of that ... Mind you, she rocked it better than I could have done and she was a pretty darned good advert for M & S.

Trust me, it wouldn't have been bought! I can also say from own experience that lawyers rarely get bestowed with gifts in the fashion that teachers do. Can you imagine Debbie Flint suggesting you buy an item as a present for your brief? I think not. But if anyone would like to buy their underpaid legal aid lawyer a dress as a gift, we wouldn't be able to accept it anyway as our code of conduct says that it's not cricket to accept those sorts of gifts. Cards, yes, flowers and chocolate, ok too. But that's about it really.

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

Trust me, it wouldn't have been bought! I can also say from own experience that lawyers rarely get bestowed with gifts in the fashion that teachers do. Can you imagine Debbie Flint suggesting you buy an item as a present for your brief? I think not. But if anyone would like to buy their underpaid legal aid lawyer a dress as a gift, we wouldn't be able to accept it anyway as our code of conduct says that it's not cricket to accept those sorts of gifts. Cards, yes, flowers and chocolate, ok too. But that's about it really.

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

I think she would suggest buying for Atilla the Hun if it got her an extra sale :smirk:

I suppose wives of public figures get inundated with offers of clothes. Lets face it, good or bad press, they`re in the limelight at conferences, parties, balls, dinners, charity events etc. Kate Middleton sometimes wears high street brands but you can bet she didn`t queue for a sweaty fitting room in the Saturday afternoon rush. Is With Sleeves a UK brand ? Ed was rabbiting on about Great Britain so I`m hoping his Mrs will support UK fashion in the lead up to an election. As for her buying the dress from QVC, well for a start they can`t say that without her permission, it`s like them telling all the viewers what you or I bought. They`ve simply jumped on the bandwagon, seen her wearing the dress and thought the viewers would be daft enough to think she`d ordered it off the telly, yeh right. It`s a bit like saying the queen buys her knicks from Marks !

Is With Sleeves a UK brand ? ................... It`s a bit like saying the queen buys her knicks from Marks !

It's a 'British brand', whether or not it is manufactured in Britain is another matter ... it may be, of course. I don't know where the Queen gets her knickers, but she does, apparently, get her bras at Rigby & Peller. I had a bra from there once. It was over--priced. The lace bits brought me out in a rash and the darned thing fell apart within a few months when the stitching came undone. They did not get my Royal Warrant, I can tell you!

Is With Sleeves a UK brand ? Ed was rabbiting on about Great Britain so I`m hoping his Mrs will support UK fashion in the lead up to an election.

Designed by Lesley Ebbetts a British fashion journalist and former squeeze of the late Richard Whiteley.

its a lovely dress and she wears it well glad its got sleeves so much fashion is sleeveless

Latest posts

Back