Tempting or not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I now take the attitude.......... if I was wondering around the beauty counters in John Lewis with all their array of different products, would I casually part with around £20 for a Chanel lipstick ? (no p & p) er, no. In fact I'd think more than twice at spending anything like that sort of money at beauty counters, where I've heard of the brands, so why should I fork out double figures for beauty products on the tv (except of course my non-negotiable marine cream)........ which just shows the power of subliminal buying on the tele .

I've dipped in & out of Beauty Day today as I'm in at home mostly, only briefly nipping out. I haven't bought anything however.

I've looked online too and although there are a couple of items on my wish list that are included, there is no price reduction, just EZ pay, so I won't be buying.

I watched the TSV launch last night, and Anne Dawson's two hours this morning. Other than that nope, not even tempted to switch over.

Much as I love beauty products, they're really not doing anything new and exciting, so it's just the same stuff they always have on. Easy pays, yes, but full price p&p. I've not even noticed any event or feature pricing to lure anyone in. My money's staying firmly in my pocket.

I find 'themed' days really boring and so never bother watching any of the shows on those days. I don't watch much QVC nowadays anyway. I've tried most of the beauty brands that they stock but have now returned to the 'High Street' brands and my skin, as well as my purse, have benefited. Most of the premium brands were far too rich for my skin and I ended up looking as though I had dived into an oil slick. I also find watching people slapping cream on someone's face less than riveting because, believe it or not, I now how to do that without having an 'instructor.'

I don't watch Q on the TV but do look at the demo videos of the products that interest me online. I confess to buying the Josie Maran cleansing balm as I have just discovered this range and really like the products. I have to phone in to order as for some reason I haven't been able to order online for over a month! Saving money though, as I can only phone when husband isn't listening, that's why I like ordering online!!

Latest posts

Back