Teeny from Mally says "You Got it", Nina Smashbox says "Exactttttly"....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
Teeny from Mally says "You Got it", Nina Smashbox says "Exactttttly"....

Who else has stock phrases that they say when they just have to say something vaguely in agreement? I'm sure there's loads of guests and presenters who do it but I can't think of any.

Personally I think mine's probably "Oooo yeah!" but if I was ever a guest or presenter on QVC I like to think I'd make "Yes Indeedy!" my own! :grin: :eek: :giggle:

i caught the mally show last night for about 3 minutes and the guest must have said 2you got it" about a dozen times.

personally i'd go with "Totes..."

It's not a stock phrase for agreement but when nina from smashbox is talking about the Halo powder she seems to go into auto pilot and always says
"imagine it's a clock and turn the imaginary dial from 12 to 1 and you will release the freshest finest loose powder." I wish she'd think of something else to say.

Who else has stock phrases that they say when they just have to say something vaguely in agreement? I'm sure there's loads of guests and presenters who do it but I can't think of any.

Personally I think mine's probably "Oooo yeah!" but if I was ever a guest or presenter on QVC I like to think I'd make "Yes Indeedy!" my own! :grin: :eek: :giggle:

I think 'yes indeedy' rocks! Definitely a different 'signature agreement phrase'...:rock:

I'd like to see the use of the following under-used phrases of yesteryear:

"Indeed!"

"Quite so"

"Let it be so"

"Splendid"

"It was ever thus"

"So be it!"

and

"Amen"

Give me old -fashioned vocab any day over horrors such as "instantaneously" Is that really what Laura Geller means to say?

Jude x

just an old-fashioned girl in an old fashioned hat...

I've gone off on a different angle on the old fashioned:
That shade looks absolutely stupendous on you!
This duvet would look jolly spiffing on your bed at home
Cripes, this moisturiser is truly abundant in natural ingredients for thou
Jeepers what great value!
Good o, lets see todays special value
:happy:

I've gone off on a different angle on the old fashioned:
That shade looks absolutely stupendous on you!
This duvet would look jolly spiffing on your bed at home
Cripes, this moisturiser is truly abundant in natural ingredients for thou
Jeepers what great value!
Good o, lets see todays special value
:happy:

Oh, you made me smile, Ms Trouble, thanks! Mind you, I agree, oldfashioned beats sloppy and ignorant any time! :wave2:

Mighty!

Alison Keenan uses the word mighty an awful lot. I like her though.
Sara G used to use the word bespoke in almost every jewellry hour.
Julian says "123 456 THAT'S the item number and £14.50 THAT'S the QVC price.
Julia makes a little "tst" noise in between phrases. "tst, now this piece is my personal favourite......"
Kim Mendelsohn says the same things all the time one of which is "want, need it all the same thing!" BUT my personal favourite is George Simonton. "They say "George, can we do just one ruffle instead of two" and I say no" and "I always tell my students, keep it simple, ladies like that"
and "In New York my buttons cost more that that!" . At that point the presenter, who ever they are, says "Yes George, you are a perfectionist" at which point he replies "I am a production managers nightmare!". I wonder what his plastic surgeon says? "George, should I just do one tuck here? " to which he replies " No..two tucks and a row of piping because ladies like that".

I'm sure Suzi B says Rightttttttttttttttt.

In fact, I think that is how I found this forum. She was saying it all the time and I googled to see if anyone else found it irritating!!!

Glad I did though:)

Lottie from Kathy Van Zeeland and her 'fabrications...' will someone please tell her and the others that say this that a fabrication is a lie and not anything to do with material...;)

Alison Keenan uses the word mighty an awful lot. I like her though.
Sara G used to use the word bespoke in almost every jewellry hour.
Julian says "123 456 THAT'S the item number and £14.50 THAT'S the QVC price.
Julia makes a little "tst" noise in between phrases. "tst, now this piece is my personal favourite......"
Kim Mendelsohn says the same things all the time one of which is "want, need it all the same thing!" BUT my personal favourite is George Simonton. "They say "George, can we do just one ruffle instead of two" and I say no" and "I always tell my students, keep it simple, ladies like that"
and "In New York my buttons cost more that that!" . At that point the presenter, who ever they are, says "Yes George, you are a perfectionist" at which point he replies "I am a production managers nightmare!". I wonder what his plastic surgeon says? "George, should I just do one tuck here? " to which he replies " No..two tucks and a row of piping because ladies like that".

"Luv that" There are at least a couple of presenters who love these
two little words
This is a fab Alimerinda. It did make me chuckle. Spot on! as they say

The new lady doing the Philosophy, in her attempts to get to grips with the brand spiel, seemed to favour the 'it just wraps itself around you and gives you a hug' typical Philosophy whatever-the-Grace-it-is milarkey!

Lottie from Kathy Van Zeeland and her 'fabrications...' will someone please tell her and the others that say this that a fabrication is a lie and not anything to do with material...;)

I have to totally disagree here and say that she uses the correct word to discribe her bags. Wanabe designer with a shocking price tag... so
fabricated to be pretending designer bag with corresponding pricetag
e.g.: her fabrication
:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Jill Franks was again using kitsch like snuff at a wake during that candle show with the dairy type containers.

I have to totally disagree here and say that she uses the correct word to discribe her bags. Wanabe designer with a shocking price tag... so
fabricated to be pretending designer bag with corresponding pricetag
e.g.: her fabrication
:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Loving it ;) I stand corrected :tongue2::angel::wave2:

And how about Mr Creosote from Exmoor Style Foods who constantly spouts - 'You've got xxx in number of these...' really does my head in that...

Latest posts

Back