Techy day = the Abbi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Thread title says it all. Gee that woman is awful to listen to and knows bugger all. (Strato will be the first to confirm this)

Sorry the title should say awful Abbi

Oh no, is Abbi "correct!" still there? The woman's absolutely brilliant at saying nothing at all and makes Alison Youngs voice seem like a gentle breeze.

4 Teccy TSV's coming up! 27, 28, 30th November and 3rd December, so she'll probably be on a lot.

Oh no!

I put a post up on Q FB about her misleading info (=lies) but just got the usual reply to send full details to CS.

And her voice is one of the most irritating on Q.

Unbelieveable that QVC could ever think of her as a replacement for the lovely, highly knowledgeable & delightful to listen to LJ.....they didn't even try to get someone even coming anywhere near that standard!
Abbi is an absolute disaster, knows nothing about anything & with a voice that soon starts to resemble nails on a blackboard!

:down:

Oh no, is Abbi "correct!" still there? The woman's absolutely brilliant at saying nothing at all and makes Alison Youngs voice seem like a gentle breeze.

Is Abbi related to IW's Sally Jacks? Another voice that pierces the skull like a supercharged dental drill.

Oh no! Not that awful Abbi woman. What does she know about tech anyway? Wasn't she on with toys or torches or something the other day? Isn't that her that had a baby and it's - wait for it - growing! In fact she was selling Frozen cameras, that's where I last saw her. Turned off.

CC

Unbelieveable that QVC could ever think of her as a replacement for the lovely, highly knowledgeable & delightful to listen to LJ.....they didn't even try to get someone even coming anywhere near that standard!
Abbi is an absolute disaster, knows nothing about anything & with a voice that soon starts to resemble nails on a blackboard!

:down:

I'm often surprised that LJ is no longer on Q as she is best mates with DBF, but we won't hold that against her even though her taste might be in question.

I've just seen her online showing a Roberts radio today.

She is still spouting the same lie that DAB enables you to pick up radio stations from all over the world.

I complained to CS about this, but she still carries on regardless.

This radio had internet radio, so she correctly said you could use this facility to listen worldwide.

But she didn't bother to mention that you'ld need a wifi / broadband connection to do this. She just implied that the radio would do it on its own.

So anyone buying it who didn't have broadband would have been totally mislead.

Why don't they just spend a bit of time looking for someone with the screen presence of the former presenters Claudia Sylvester or LJ Rich? Surely there's someone out there?

Why don't they just spend a bit of time looking for someone with the screen presence of the former presenters Claudia Sylvester or LJ Rich? Surely there's someone out there?

Sadly QVC seem to be going increasingly for generalist guests, unless the brand supplies/funds the guest... that's based on my observation of what's been happening in recent years.

Besides which, a good-quality guest presenter who is looking to build a TV career is most likely going to be attractive to a much bigger name in TV broadcasting than QVC. QVC's not really attractive on CVs as a broadcaster, it's a sales company... the countless presenters and guests who don't mention QVC or the brands they represent on QVC on their resumés bears witness to that. If the aim is to be a big noise in selly telly, then yes, QVC is the biggest in the business. LJ Rich has a wider audience doing her tech programs on BBC, which then probably leads to other attractive and lucrative work.

I have posted before on here, about the credibility - or lack of - of Abby Horne. To have her guesting handbag holders one minute, and a tablet the next, demeans the viewers' perception of any technical knowledge, she may have. She is on right now with flameless candles. Are QVC show planners doing her a disservice, by using her to demonstrate these twee items? How can we be expected to take anything, she tells us about a tech product, seriously? Or am I a lone voice?

I have posted before on here, about the credibility - or lack of - of Abby Horne. To have her guesting handbag holders one minute, and a tablet the next, demeans the viewers' perception of any technical knowledge, she may have. She is on right now with flameless candles. Are QVC show planners doing her a disservice, by using her to demonstrate these twee items? How can we be expected to take anything, she tells us about a tech product, seriously? Or am I a lone voice?

Not at all a lone voice, Louise. I understand from previous posts that tech is an area in which you have a lot of experience and knowledge.

QVC aspires to be our most trusted retailer, don't they? Why on earth, then, would they not care to give us someone who really does love and have a proper "feel" for technology? And not then undermine them by making them also sell all sorts of homeware and festive junk. Ironically they've had the techie expert at IW - Janice on flogging the toys (festive toy bundle). But I am always struck by the quality of Janice's presentations of the tech. She explains clearly and simply what you need to do... no buzzwords and breathless gabbling. I know Janice has the advantage of the show presenting the item for the hour, rather than 10 minutes tops for most QVC items... (and don't get me wrong, she's not by any means perfect)... But listening to Abbi - hard though it is - and trying to glean any useful knowledge about how to get started and live with and use the product is pretty much impossible. The difference is that IW and Janice have a decent idea about the tech-savviness of their audience. QVC are now so caught up in the aspirational lifestyle angle that they have completely forgotten to ask themselves: what does our audience need? As usual, it's all about what QVC themselves want...

Latest posts

Back