Tarte

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The foundation is not doing anything for the eye area on the models. The Tova model should definitely steer clear.

I was going to post the same thing - Debbie Flett (for it is she) looked way better in the before than in the after. Her skin around the eyes looked smooth and plump until they applied whatever Tarte foundation/concealer to it. The wrinkles then looked HUGE!! Not a look I'd be going for, tbh.

Has anyone tried any Tarte stuff?

I am always up for trying something new, but i get put off by the style of makeup application used on all the models.
It is just so thick and mask-like, with FAR too much shadow.
I would love to see some faces with a natural look, or a healthy look, rather than a teenage caked-on look.

Is too much eye makeup back in again? If so, that's yet another trend that will pass me by...

I have some Tarte products and the ones I would really recommend are - mascara, maracuja oil, eye concealer and the white setting powder with the big brush - the brush is sooooo soft.
I'm not so keen on the foundation as you can't see any of your complexion through it, so it looks too painted on.
Blusher is good and so are eyeshadows - both palette and crayon stick.
The good thing with QVC is that you can always return if you don't like it.

I bought the TSV and apart from the cc primer stick I love it. I also have the 12 hour concealer - that's definitely a full coverage product.

I'm looking at another Tarte demo at the moment. Much lighter on the eyes. A great improvement.

I wonder if someone at QVC nudged the makeup artist, or whether they looked around and realised the overdone American TV makeup doesn't come across well over here.

I love trying out different brands of makeup and especially trying foundations and have wanted to try the tarte foundation for ages but been confused by which colour to order. Anyway I couldn't resist ordering last night and have plumped to try the light medium and hope for the best that it isn't too orange and dark for me. I agree it does look cakey at times but has good reviews all over the internet so I'm optimistic that it may have a place in my 'foundation wardrobe' LOL. If not it can go back. I'll update.

I also couldn't resist the set, I do think the packaging is beautiful. Enjoying owning and using the products I buy is important to me so packaging is an important factor, whereas I do understand that the more practical amongst us would rather have function, cheap packaging and a cheaper price.

Another comment on the brand though is that to me, the brand ambassador always looks exactly the same almost android like. I love to see them mix it it up a bit and show how we can achieve different looks with makeup. Otherwise what is the point in keep buying more and more. Sarah from Laura Geller is pretty good at modelling the different looks you can achieve from makeup for instance.

Last edited:
I have some Tarte products and the ones I would really recommend are - mascara, maracuja oil, eye concealer and the white setting powder with the big brush - the brush is sooooo soft.
I'm not so keen on the foundation as you can't see any of your complexion through it, so it looks too painted on.
Blusher is good and so are eyeshadows - both palette and crayon stick.
The good thing with QVC is that you can always return if you don't like it.

Thanks for this! Have been intrigued by this brand recently, as some very good reviews on it. I may give it a go :mysmilie_12:

I also couldn't resist the set, I do think the packaging is beautiful. Enjoying owning and using the products I buy is important to me so packaging is an important factor, whereas I do understand that the more practical amongst us would rather have function, cheap packaging and a cheaper price.

Another comment on the brand though is that to me, the brand ambassador always looks exactly the same almost android like. I love to see them mix it it up a bit and show how we can achieve different looks with makeup. Otherwise what is the point in keep buying more and more. Sarah from Laura Geller is pretty good at modelling the different looks you can achieve from makeup for instance.

I'm with you on enjoying the packaging and feel of the products. I've bought makeup items that are almost too beautiful to use... don't worry, I'll get over it!

I also agree with you about the guest for Tarte - Lee's an attractive young woman, but she appears to have a very immobile (botoxed?) face, always the same makeup look, and she has a very robotic delivery. She definetely seems to have a script she sticks rigidly to. I prefer the spontaneity of Lisa Potter-Dixon (the Benefit guest) or Lee and SJ Froome (the BM guests). They have stock phrases, but not a stock script like Lee from Tarte, and their faces move!

Someone on here(sorry cannot remember who), said that in the US Tarte have more skin tones in the foundations. Pink based as well as the yellow, the latter is the QVC UK have and many find it too yellow.

On their website:
25 shades in the Amazonian clay 12-Hour full coverage foundation
7 shades in the Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer SPF 20
16 shades in the Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation
1 shade in the Amazonian clay BB illuminating moisturizer SPF 15
3 shades in the colored clay liquid foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen
4 shades in the beyond BB perfecting liquid foundation

5 shades in the BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer SPF 30
5 shades in the colored clay CC primer
10 shades in the Amazonian clay waterproof 12-hour concealer
2 shades in the tarte to go™ deluxe BB tinted treatment 12 hour primer SPF 30

So it varies whether QVC are offering a limited or full range of colour choices compared to Tarte themselves - in foundation, concealer or primer

Coo-ee! :hi: that was me Donna and yes they have a wider range with fair pink tones which would sell really well in the UK I'd wager. Ivory and Fair Beige are on my list to test if I'm planning to go to Canada or the US again; these are pink-based.

In Tarte terms "Sand" = yellow-based, "Honey" = peach-based and "Beige" = pink-based (which is a bit confusing).

I cannot speak highly enough of Tarte products. I have very pale, neutral-toned skin and find that their Fair Sand is a perfect match, so am very lucky for a change (it's rare I can find anything that works so well for me). The foundations make my skin look and feel better than it has for a long, long time, even when I remove the makeup. I have, so far, had no irritation etc (also rare for me) and like that it stays very well on my skin. The lip products leave my lips feeling soft and plump without tightness, the mascara does not make my sensitive allergy-prone eyes at all red and the concealers eradicate every blemish at a touch. Of course, not all brands are for everyone, but my goodness me, Tarte is for me!

Coo-ee! :hi: that was me Donna and yes they have a wider range with fair pink tones which would sell really well in the UK I'd wager. Ivory and Fair Beige are on my list to test if I'm planning to go to Canada or the US again; these are pink-based.

In Tarte terms "Sand" = yellow-based, "Honey" = peach-based and "Beige" = pink-based (which is a bit confusing).

I would say that sand is neutral, peach warm and beige cool, if that helps.

I would say that sand is neutral, peach warm and beige cool, if that helps.

If you look at their own website descriptions for the Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15 shades:

fair sand (fair skin with yellow undertones)
fair beige (fair skin with pink undertones)
ivory (fair skin with pink undertones)
fair-light honey (fair-light skin with peach undertones)
then it gets more confusing!!
fair-light neutral (fair skin with pink and yellow undertones)
and so it goes on...

So... sand = yellow, beige = pink, honey = peach, neutral = pink and yellow

Not sure how something is suitable for pink and yellow both at the same time without being the peach undertone. It's not like it's B&B with the different colours swirled into it, is it?

They've got a really nice shade finder on their website, which you might find helpful...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried any Tarte stuff?

I watched a show and they were raving about how fantastically great the mascara was. So I bought a wee smaller size off of ebay for a fraction of the cost just to try it out. Oh my god it was awful. Thick, clumpy, horrible stuff that made your eyelashes stick together giving the result that you looked as if you had about ten thick lashes! Really not nice at all. I went straight back to one of my two all time favourites - Mally's Volumising Mascara or Clinique's High Impact Mascara. These two come out tops every time in my book, and I've tried A LOT of mascaras over the years!

The mascara is a winner with me. It's what I am using at the moment and I love it. I find that it lengthens and curls with one application. Not experienced any clumping at all. I like most of this range so far.

I watched a show and they were raving about how fantastically great the mascara was. So I bought a wee smaller size off of ebay for a fraction of the cost just to try it out. Oh my god it was awful. Thick, clumpy, horrible stuff that made your eyelashes stick together giving the result that you looked as if you had about ten thick lashes! Really not nice at all. I went straight back to one of my two all time favourites - Mally's Volumising Mascara or Clinique's High Impact Mascara. These two come out tops every time in my book, and I've tried A LOT of mascaras over the years!

Perhaps it had already been opened and dried out somewhat before you got it, cheetycat?

I agree with you about Mally and Clinique (though my fave is the naturally glossy) being better mascara than the Tarte one, although I think you got a duff one from eBay that was already old and dry. I tried it recently from the TSV (though I returned the set). The mascara was the best item in the set. It gave more of a gradual and natural looking finish than Mally.. a much less obvious finish. However mine did not clump but it was drier in consistency than Mally or Clinique which both give a glossy look to the lashes.

Latest posts

Back