Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder how many units they will have? Wanted to see a live presentation before ordering but am worried if I miss or don't stay up for the launch it may have sold out, what do folks on here recommend if you are normally a medium in LG or Bare Minerals? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks,

Ps apologies I meant in foundation colour, as not sure what colour to go for

Mine is also showing as 0.00 on the email from QVC, hoping it's just an error for the email.

I wonder how many units they will have? Wanted to see a live presentation before ordering but am worried if I miss or don't stay up for the launch it may have sold out, what do folks on here recommend if you are normally a medium in LG or Bare Minerals? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks,

Ps apologies I meant in foundation colour, as not sure what colour to go for

It's very likely to become live before the launch just keep checking when you can. I wanted to see the shades on air too but thought it may sell out before I get out of bed on Saturday.

There's a video of the shades here
http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Amazonia....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-205118

thanks for the reassurance Marina.

I'm not to sure on the foundation shades, I've gone for fair as I'm always the lightest shade in foundations, I got this foundation in light last October and it was too dark and also quite orangey.

I'm not to sure on the foundation shades, I've gone for fair as I'm always the lightest shade in foundations, I got this foundation in light last October and it was too dark and also quite orangey.

I'm the lightest shade in all foundations too and went for the fair but have a feeling it may be too yellow for me. I may have to find a pink based one to mix it with. I'm going to check out Joan Collins foundations in M&S sometime soon and have a feeling that I'm going to find a good match for my skin. She said that she released a very pale one for her 16 y.o. granddaughter's skin.

Yeah, I only ordered the Light as it was recommended on a tarte presentation that it was good for fair skin with pink undertones, which is what I have, so I was a bit miffed when it arrived. I love the coverage though, would say it is definitely on a par with Estée Lauder doublewear, if not maybe even higher.

Ps, just to add I mixed it with white manic panic to lighten it a bit, which was ok, but it then makes it a lot thicker, and with a foundation that is already full coverage it was not the best as it felt really heavy.

Yeah, I only ordered the Light as it was recommended on a tarte presentation that it was good for fair skin with pink undertones, which is what I have, so I was a bit miffed when it arrived. I love the coverage though, would say it is definitely on a par with Estée Lauder doublewear, if not maybe even higher.

I tried Estée Lauder doublewear and found it a bit thin but haven't worn properly to make an opinion.

Ps, just to add I mixed it with white manic panic to lighten it a bit, which was ok, but it then makes it a lot thicker, and with a foundation that is already full coverage it was not the best as it felt really heavy.

I was going to try to mix it with another foundation to adapt to my skin but this is not ideal. Perhaps I could wear a very thin coat so it blends with the skin.

I am a medium in BM and Suede in Complexion Rescue, and a medium in LG.
I find Tarte medium far too dark so I usually use Light Medium.
In the rainforest of the sea foundation I got one of each and mix it for a summer my colour - about 50/50 depending on how much sun I've seen.
Hope that helps some of you trying to choose foundation shades

Anyone NOT getting it I am undecided, do I really need more make-up:doh:

I've bought loads of make-up recently - Bare Minerals, Charlotte Tilbury, and Maybelline - and could not conceivably need this less, but I love Tarte and it's on auto delivery!! Perhaps it could be my last hurrah? :wink:

I got my confirmation email which shows 00.00 for cost, 00.00 shipping and 00.00 total

Also saying that until a order is shipped QVC have the right to cancel.

Ooh, I wonder if they'll have to honour that? That'd be a bonus!

Thanks, this is helpful. I am quite pale, but not Nicole Kidman alabaster, so was wondering about the light, but I think I'll go for the fair now.

QVC Fair and Light are Fair Sand and Light Sand, Sand is yellow based. I was sent some samples of the lightest shades and Fair was just too pale on me, Light a little too dark but seemed to blend down better into a colour I could use. I don't use QVC foundation but am a MAC NW/NC20, Chanel 20,YSL BR30,Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Fair 3. The loose powder I use is By Terry or Nars and white in colour but once applied blends into your foundation colour.

Tarte TSV has just gone live in both single and auto delivery for those who want to order now
Not sure how long it will be live for though - just type Tarte in QVC search engine and the single delivery is top of newest arrivals - this then give auto delivery option

I've just ordered the auto delivery in Fair.
I notice there's only one brush with the second drop, making it a six piece collection not seven & no brush at all with the final drop, making it a five piece collection. Though all the drops are the same price of course.
Bit cheeky that.

Also the mascara is 7ml in 2nd and 3rd drops as opposed to 7ml x2 (for the top and bottom lashes - double ended)in the first drop.
And the lipstick 1 gram.

Yes, I noticed the lack of brushes in the 2nd and 3rd drops, hopefully they might correct that ?
Doesn't seem fair to pay the same for less items - maybe I'll message Leigh and point it out to see what she says

I really fancy trying this but have no idea what colour to choose - hope you Tarte experts might be able to help. I use Bare Minerals Golden Tan I find the Medium Tan they sell on QVC to be to ashy/dirty looking. What colour would I need in this please?

Yes, I noticed the lack of brushes in the 2nd and 3rd drops, hopefully they might correct that ?
Doesn't seem fair to pay the same for less items - maybe I'll message Leigh and point it out to see what she says

Good idea!
Smaller sizes, which I hadn't noticed, AND less items.
Will they still describe the auto delivery drops as " seven piece collections" one wonders.

Latest posts

Back