Tanzy Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BetLynch

Registered Shopper
Just had the 7.00pm Tanzanite show on in the background and stopped what I was doing to look at the AAAA Tanzanite ring - 690 242.

I couldnt believe it when AK showed a close up of the Certificate of Authenticity and it showed it was AAA.

Alison said that although it says AAA on this certificate, we know it to be AAAA. I'm sure that would suffice if you wanted to sell it on!!! Oh, QVC KNOW its a AAAA so just pay up!!!

I dont know anything about gems or certificates but surely this cannot be right??

Bet

I think the 'A' certifucation is a moveable feast.

Some would state the gem in this piece to be an A, others AAA and people on a budget like me would call it an 'eeeyyyyy!

Some would state the gem in this piece to be an A, others AAA and people on a budget like me would call it an 'eeeyyyyy!

Heh heh heh :4:, yup, agree with you there. I have a lovely supposedly AAA 14k Tanzanite ring from Ideal World. They said it was a AAA but didnt back it up with a certificate which I wouldnt have expected for the price I paid.

In the olden days I used to watch Gems TV and remember them saying things like 'We are guaranteeing a minimum of AAA but you could be getting AAAA' and 'We guarantee this is at least a 3ct Sapphire but you could get one thats a 4ct Sapphire!'

Know its all salesmanship, just surprised me.

Bet

Lol! Funny cos I was wondering myself what the criteria is, and who decides what constitutes the 'A's for tanzanite?
All the tanzy I have comes from TJC who don't use it at all.

Latest posts

Back