Tan Luxe TSV 27/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ms Franks is going to look a real state tomorrow. Not only has she slung half the bottle on her left arm and a lot less on her right arm, but after the guy told her *not* to put the solution neat on the skin, she immediately did exactly that on her left arm. And for good measure she then wildly sprayed her arms, her shoulders and all over her face and head with the tanning water product as if it was a perfume. Not sure how her hair colour will like that, and the instructions say the tanning water should be applied with a tanning mitt. Would like to see her palms tomorrow too as she didn't wash them!

Ms Franks is going to look a real state tomorrow. Not only has she slung half the bottle on her left arm and a lot less on her right arm, but after the guy told her *not* to put the solution neat on the skin, she immediately did exactly that on her left arm. And for good measure she then wildly sprayed her arms, her shoulders and all over her face and head with the tanning water product as if it was a perfume. Not sure how her hair colour will like that, and the instructions say the tanning water should be applied with a tanning mitt. Would like to see her palms tomorrow too as she didn't wash them!

... and all that followed by half a pot of Alpha H Beauty Sleep and a few tablespoons of Algenist on the giant hand.

Probably just coloured water in the bottle. I suspect that they do that with the perfumes too that the models spray all around themselves

Has anyone used both the light and dark versions? Is there much difference or do you just get darker quicker with the dark?

If you don't use, or want to go to the expense of buying a moisturiser you could always go for Zhuzh Best Of Both Tans on Ideal World, it's a moisturiser and gradual tan in one, I use it and I've got a lovely light golden tan, no orange. All the Zhuzh products are brilliant though I can vouch for tht because I use them all.

I have used the light/medium face one and need four drops for it to be visible. I do burn and am fairly light skinned, so didn't choose the medium/dark, but three drops of the lighter one does nothing for me. I also need to use it a lot more than once a week, so I'm wondering whether I should try the darker one, I'm a bit nervous about ending up too dark though. They didn't mention open and unopened shelf life on the launch show, so useless, I would have thought that was one of the basic bits of information we need.

I have used the light/medium face one and need four drops for it to be visible. I do burn and am fairly light skinned, so didn't choose the medium/dark, but three drops of the lighter one does nothing for me. I also need to use it a lot more than once a week, so I'm wondering whether I should try the darker one, I'm a bit nervous about ending up too dark though. They didn't mention open and unopened shelf life on the launch show, so useless, I would have thought that was one of the basic bits of information we need.

I use dark - but only 1 drop this time of year , think it is more cost effective than using 3-4 drops of the light

Oh I am glad this has been raised! I am quite fair in winter but never get any results from the DHS fair versions of the gradual tan lotions, but the dark one here looks very brown. So I had wondered about getting it and only using about 1-2 drops, and that is what you say works! Hurrah. I shall give it a try.

I use dark - but only 1 drop this time of year , think it is more cost effective than using 3-4 drops of the light
I didn't think of that doh! So it basically does the same thing but with less drops? I too like others are worried about going too dark. I've been using the light and gradually build up the tan over say two nights until I get the depth of colour I want then top up again after a few days. So if the dark basically does the same thing but with one drop instead of the three to four I've been using of the light then I will get the dark.

I have gone for dark and on AD which is one more drop. I shall probably cancel BUT was swayed by the shelf life. 24 months unopened, 12 months opened which I think is very good. I was surprised for an organic lotion.

I like the TL chap especially when he said start off with one drop and see how you get on. That eeks out the product. I shall approach with caution though in case I get a full blown American tan.

I bet long sleeves will be worn by JF until the `tan` wears off ...don`t know about her hands though she can`t very well wear gloves can she?

I have ordered the dark, not because I am or want to be very tanned, but I do want to see some result and I like the idea of starting with 1 drop. I assumed it was a gradual tan product like the Clarins, before the presentation I hadn't realised it gave a full tan in an hour, so it's easy to add more as you go.

Jill said there were 1000 drops in the face bottle and 1500 in the body, so it should last ages!

Haven't managed to catch the presentation and am out and about. Did they say what the difference between the face and body drops is? Will people just use the body on the face?

Probably just coloured water in the bottle. I suspect that they do that with the perfumes too that the models spray all around themselves

You may be right, I hadn't thought of that. JF is on again tonight so either she'll look dreadful, which will put people off the product, or she'll look the same as last night, in which case people will think it doesn't work! Just watching the lunchtime show and the models are now starting to look very orange.

. . . . . They didn't mention open and unopened shelf life on the launch show, so useless, I would have thought that was one of the basic bits of information we need.

They did cover this, you must have missed it. He said it's 12 months opened and 24 months unopened.

I'll be experimenting with the body one on my face. The TSV face drops product has "anti-aging" ingreejunts and the body has firming anti-cellulite stuff in it but using just one drop of either isn't likely to deliver much of either. Maybe test a drop behind your ear before slapping the body one on the face if you have any concerns.

They are also selling a water - you spray it on. The guest was saying how easy and how even it was, but he looked very streaky and there was a huge orange tidemark on the little-finger side of his hand. He quickly folded his arms to get his hands out of sight.

I'm really not at all convinced by any of these products. The ones that seem to product the best tan that QVC sell are the Vita Liberata and the James Read.

All the same, it's really nice to see a different brand having a TSV, and a British brand at that.

I bet long sleeves will be worn by JF until the `tan` wears off ...don`t know about her hands though she can`t very well wear gloves can she?

Long sleeves, that will be nice change to her constantly having her shoulders on show!

Long sleeves, that will be nice change to her constantly having her shoulders on show!

I am waiting for the day she presents a new product from one of the ranges especially formulated for the shoulder (area). She would buy it by the bucketful.

I guess I have a very delicate constitution but watching Jill Franks massaging body lotion over and over again at any opportunity quite makes me nauseous.

Latest posts

Back