Tan Luxe Facial Oil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I don't wear make up so, as I have a porcelain complexion (I am a redhead), I thought this may add a little colour. The guy said to add 2/3 drops to your moisturiser. Well, I use elemis, and need a tiny amount. The oil drowned the PCMC and, consequently, my hands were the colour of fake tan. I couldn't exactly wear gloves. The feedback on this product was positive, but it is going back, under DSR.
The only plus, is the scent of the oil.

I don't think you can send it back under DSR if you have used it!

I love this product but found 3 drops too much - and I have an olive complexion. I used two drops of the darker one every night for about 3 nights then had a break of a few days. If you're only using a tiny amount of moisturiser you should consider the ratio. Maybe try one drop. It's really down to preference and experimentation. It really is worth persevering with.

I love this product but found 3 drops too much - and I have an olive complexion. I used two drops of the darker one every night for about 3 nights then had a break of a few days. If you're only using a tiny amount of moisturiser you should consider the ratio. Maybe try one drop. It's really down to preference and experimentation. It really is worth persevering with.

Ditto :mysmilie_17:

I agree too, I used an clean empty pot and mixed some moisturiser and oil together so I have a ready mix ready to use - I mix it in the pot with a plastic spatula so my hands stay clean - I can then tweak the colour.
It is a bit of trying to get the right colour to begin with, but if you start with less you can always add more.
I also found it took longer than an hour for my colour to develop, but maybe that's just me.
I would preserve as you've still got your 30 day money back guarantee

I have this product and like it, I just use one drop as I have a fair complexion, and I wash my hands afterwards, gives a natural hint of colour, nothing OTT.

Tan Luxe Facial Oil.

I bought this before christmas, as I don't wear make up, and thought this may hide my 'pasty' look. I had seen it on QVC when, to be expected, it was regaled as the second coming, of cosmetics. I am extremely sceptical and, if not for the mbg, I would not have ordered it.
If you want a fake look, don't buy this, "buy another product", said Ali, which suggests a naturally tanned effect. It certainly did not make me look like I'd self tanned; the application of the oil made not a jot of difference. It went straight back.
Anyone else find it a disappointing product? Or was it, for you, the holy grail of self tanning?

Hi Louise, sorry this didn't work for you. I have never tried this but as a "pasty" like you, I have tried many others. I have no explanation why but sometimes the same product will work on me and bring out a nice tan and other times it does nothing! Interested to hear what others say. Good case in support of 30 day mbg!

I have his tanning oil, and although it took much longer than suggested to develop, it did give me a healthy glowing tan on my face.
The colour was good on my body too, but I didn't mix it properly and my first attempt was quite patchy - but that was my fault.
It was much easier to use than other tanning products and I like the fact that I can control the colour - yes, it might take a few attempts to get the desirable colour , but it does work for me.

The only fake tan I use on my face is Elemis Total Glow. I absolutely love it as do all my friends and family that I have introduced to it. I have very pale skin naturally but this gives me such a natural looking tan. I find every other one I have used no matter how expensive gives me a dirty face look.

They do one for face and one for body. It used to be just one for both. I used to just use it on my face as it is not cheap.