Swimsuits - Denim & Co

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EleanorFrancis

Registered Shopper
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with these? Swimwear is always difficult to buy, especially for middle aged women, but from the presentations they appreared to be good.

Julia said she made the move from bikinis to swimsuits this year but didn't confirm she had bought a denim & co one, but I think Debbie Flint did.

There are also the Ruth Langford range, but, for me, her items are generally over priced. Does anyone have any experience of these ones?

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with these? Swimwear is always difficult to buy, especially for middle aged women, but from the presentations they appreared to be good.

Julia said she made the move from bikinis to swimsuits this year but didn't confirm she had bought a denim & co one, but I think Debbie Flint did.

There are also the Ruth Langford range, but, for me, her items are generally over priced. Does anyone have any experience of these ones?

Thanks
I stopped wearing a swimsuit when I got to 60. I can't swim so I only used to paddle in the sea or sit on the pool edge and dangle my feet in the water and I can do that wearing shorts.

Hi,

Thanks
I like the control swimsuits that M&S, Next and some supermarkets like Tescos have. There are folds of material down the front which I feel more comfortable wearing and the straps are either removable for a bandeau style or you can easily slip down if sun bathing. I am happy lying or swimming in them. I have a few but usually buy a new one and bin one every year. I tend to swim in sea water swimming pools or the sea so they last longer than with chlorine pools.

My sister is 73 and wears a bikini and her hubby wears speedos😳😮. Both are quite vain , brother in law can't walk well and refuses to use a stick to stop him wobbling.
Good luck to them. People should wear the type of beach wear they like, but, in some cases - (your sister and her husband, for instance) they should beware of sneers and raised eyebrows behind their backs. Maybe, they just don't care what others think. A good way to live, but not easily done.

Good luck to them. People should wear the type of beach wear they like, but, in some cases - (your sister and her husband, for instance) they should beware of sneers and raised eyebrows behind their backs. Maybe, they just don't care what others think. A good way to live, but not easily done.
I love my sister but they are both a bit snobby.

I think it's mainly the Brits who worry too much about what others think. Most Continental resorts are full of - let's say Larger Ladies as wide as they are high - who have no qualms about wearing swimsuits, so good for them.
I've had a few swimsuits over the years from Bonmarche. They are not "designed" by some "celebrity" costing an arm and a leg, but do the job they're intended for, in a good range of sizes at a reasonable price. Recommended.

I wear Joe Browns swimsuits but I'm a pretty average size. I have seen the Denim & Co ones and they always seem to sell well, especially in the bigger sizes. Buying swimwear is a nightmare if you're not really slim - I only wear a cossie when I'm sure I'm somewhere no one knows me, same goes for shorts :LOL:

CC

I bought one from John Lewis last year, it was about £35, I'd normally only bought cheaper M&S ones previously, but this was worth it. Very comfortable adjustable straps, tummy control and a kind of cross your heart detail across the bust. I'm size 16 and it's pretty flattering.

It's mainly for on holiday by the pool. I've got thin sheer beach cover ups from Amazon to wear over it so I can walk around the hotel without feeling self conscious. And then I'm ready if I want to swim.

Latest posts

Back