Sunday Riley TSV 04/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The sizes are really piddly. But they seem to be like that with all the TSV's from this range maybe even regular sizes. The problem with 30ml sold as full sizes is the compulsion to try and get ever last ml out of the teeny tiny package and thats anather irritation for anather post!

The sizes are really piddly. But they seem to be like that with all the TSV's from this range maybe even regular sizes. The problem with 30ml sold as full sizes is the compulsion to try and get ever last ml out of the teeny tiny package and thats anather irritation for anather post!
Not too bad if it comes in a jar but tubes no. When I get to the “end” of a tube, I cut the bottom off and seal with a bulldog clip. When I’ve got out as much as I can, one side is slit. I believe in getting my moneys worth! Gotta least a week’s worth of product out that way.

Not too bad if it comes in a jar but tubes no. When I get to the “end” of a tube, I cut the bottom off and seal with a bulldog clip. When I’ve got out as much as I can, one side is slit. I believe in getting my moneys worth! Gotta least a week’s worth of product out that way.
A woman after my own heart! In the case of big plastic bottles of body lotion where the product won’t all come out even when you stand it upside down, I have been known to saw the bottle in half with a serrated bread knife, scoop the cream out and decant it into an empty face cream jar. I say “ have been known to” but I do it all the time. We must save £££££.

A woman after my own heart! In the case of big plastic bottles of body lotion where the product won’t all come out even when you stand it upside down, I have been known to saw the bottle in half with a serrated bread knife, scoop the cream out and decant it into an empty face cream jar. I say “ have been known to” but I do it all the time. We must save £££££
when a lipstick get down to the metal, I use a lip brush to get the remainder out. Usually get a good months worth out by doing this.

when a lipstick get down to the metal, I use a lip brush to get the remainder out. Usually get a good months worth out by doing this.
👏 Likewise!! I don’t know if you’ve tried this, but I managed to prise off the top bit of a pump bottle of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish once. It took some doing (don’t know if they’ve changed the packaging now) but it was a waste of time because the inside was completely clean, dry even! Amazing economy!

How much more can we embarrass ourselves? Actually I wouldn’t tell all my neighbours but I’m not really ashamed of all the money I’m (we’re) saving.

👏 Likewise!! I don’t know if you’ve tried this, but I managed to prise off the top bit of a pump bottle of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish once. It took some doing (don’t know if they’ve changed the packaging now) but it was a waste of time because the inside was completely clean, dry even! Amazing economy!

How much more can we embarrass ourselves? Actually I wouldn’t tell all my neighbours but I’m not really ashamed of all the money I’m (we’re) saving.
I found that with toothpaste in a pump bottle. I was told about the lipstick by a sales lady in the beauty department in the A&N stores in London back n the 1970s.

Another bugbear is the amount of yoghurt left in the pots. I use a small spatula that allows you to get the whole lot out🤣

I found that with toothpaste in a pump bottle. I was told about the lipstick by a sales lady in the beauty department in the A&N stores in London back n the 1970s.

Another bugbear is the amount of yoghurt left in the pots. I use a small spatula that allows you to get the whole lot out🤣
We should have a new thread on here, headed Penny-Pinching Tips or Waste Not, Want Not or something.

We should have a new thread on here, headed Penny-Pinching Tips or Waste Not, Want Not or something.
Some of the things you hear of these days to save money and/or the environment are what I’ve always done. I think it’s just was the norm when I was growing up in the 50s.

Latest posts

Back