Strange tsv today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ringtree

Registered Shopper
I don't get these torches, why are they so special and why would you want them?

And they're showing them in "Christmas Gift Ideas.":confused:

Can't think of anyone who'd thank me if they found one of those in their stocking!
Think I might get them the circular saw instead. :nod::grin:

Very strange TSV indeed! And they've only shaved a couple of measly quid from the original price...hardly what I'd call a bargain. What's wrong with these channels, one minute they're telling us that an £100 piece of jewellery would make a good stocking filler, now they're telling us that a cheap led ( useless source of light imo) key ring sized torch is just the thing...I don't know what for, you'd get better illumination striking a match fgs! I'm thinking that they go on the size of the product...ie, if it fits into a stocking, it's a good stocking filler!

This is the sort of thing you'd find in a xmas cracker! Load of cobblers!

I thought it was a strange TSV too but I think some men and kids would love them!

Total oppposite end of the spectrum compared to yesterdays TSV!

But perfect presents for teachers presents.
And your bin man. Paperboy. Car mechanic. Gynaecologist......

We always buy small pressies for the kids of DH's distant cousins twice removed, aged between 4 and 8, even though their parents have never got anything for our kids :)taphead:). So I've ordered a set to split up...it fulfils the present-to-open-without-costing-much and with literally actually no effort on my part.

We bought my kids those wind up torches yeas ago when they were about 6 and 8 years old and they were a big hit so I'm banking on kids liking torches. The wind up torches are still going strong 8 years on.

I'll report back when they arrive if they're a load of old tat, they won't cost much more at the QVC price so not much incentive to jump to the phones today.

Jude xx

I have to say I don't see the point in this TSV at all.

I could vaguely say its a good deal if you have enough 6-8 yr old nephews to give them to.....

I think QVC are banking on people buying them for works secret santa's or table gifts???

Last edited:
Would YOU want to have a cardboard box with a cut-out flame on top and the torch shining inside it, on your Christmas table ???????? I was in hysterics ! That woman who presented thought it was a great idea ! eh ????

OMG, I've been completely taken in and ordered a set!

Feel a bit of a chump now, reading these posts!

Perhaps it was the bright colours that swayed me or the way they had wrapped a bit of ribbon round the box so they looked pretty! But it was probably the good old, one for dad, one for the kid's, one for the teacher, one for the cupboard under the stairs and one for the wally (me) watching, line that swung it!

I could see kids liking them...little kids...so yeah maybe a good puchase if you are buying for a shedload of little ones. I thought the bells were literally actually more bizarre (read: crap)

Perhaps it was the bright colours that swayed me or the way they had wrapped a bit of ribbon round the box so they looked pretty! But it was probably the good old, one for dad, one for the kid's, one for the teacher, one for the cupboard under the stairs and one for the wally (me) watching, line that swung it!

Me too! i walk dogs so thought small compact and easy to use and rest for my doggy friends:blush:

Ooh good idea, if I have one left over I might give it to my sister-in-law (my bro's wife, not the weird one) for walking their Jack Russell (she hides from them...good game 'cept when it's raining)

Never feel bad about ordering stuff from shopping channels Melanie...we all have different requirements and some of the weird stuff I've ordered over the years has turned out to be really useful. Also some things other people swear by have turned out to be complete lemons imho.

As I said earlier, I've ordered them for little ones to play with (there'll be a disclaimer about retina damage in v v small print on the gift tag!)

Jude xx

I thought they looked quite nice actually!

But perfect presents for teachers presents.
And your bin man. Paperboy. Car mechanic. Gynaecologist......

LOL!! Dear lordy!!! Can you imagine presenting your gyni with one of those? He'd (am assuming they'd be male) think you were some right sort out perv!! :blush:

I thought it was a strange TSV too today because at first I couldn't quite make out what was on the screen until I broke out my new torch, then I thought wow if I didn't have my torch I would have missed this not to be missed TSV, if I didn't have my torch I would have bought the TSV. Oh actually saying that wouldn't have seen it would I?

Latest posts

Back