Stone Mountain Handbags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

katiesallybliss

Registered Shopper
bHi,

After my disappointment with my Kipling TSV, I noticed stone mountain handbags on QVC today.

Are these any good? Has anyone bought these in the past.

Again I'm going by what presenters say having no sight it's my only way, so a few opinions from you good selves is much appreciated.

I'm still quite new to this forum, but do thank you all for all the hints tips etc I have picked up over the last few weeks. It's lovely to actually get opinions from individuals rather than people trying to sell things who can exagerate at times.

Katie

I've never bought one myself but watching the show today, the leather is certainly not as good as they were making out - blatantly mismatched front panels etc. from what was clearly the cheaper parts of the hide!
Also looked very crumpled & kind of 'worn' already, although I don't think that was actually the intended 'look' & coupled with the rather cheap looking zips etc., not sure how well they'd wear?

I have one which i bought some time back in Last clicks section. As its red i only use it ocassionally so im not sure how it would wear every day. The leather is nice and soft but the only criticism i would have is the straps are quite thin - im not sure you could carry a brick around! Then of course why would you want to!!!

Last edited:
I bought one some time ago and was really disappointed.
The leather was grainy ,hard and poor quality.The overall look was cheap.

I bought one 2 years ago in the US and it still looks as good as new today. I like it so much that I bought another one today. The leather is soft and smells of leather too !
Mind you I paid $80 for mine !!

I do like them though.

I bought the TSV last year, and I'm very pleased with it. I've used it a lot, and it still looks good. I think they're good value for money when compared with KVZ which are synthetic and look cheap IMO.

Might be worth checking reiews on QVCUS.

To me the leather they use is a thicker, rougher and heavier than say Italian leather. Not as fine as say the leather in Tula bags.

HTH

DD descrbed the leather as 'an everday going on the bus bag leather' as opposed to
' a bit of a do bag leather'

I have bought a couple of these bags, and have been very pleased. I think there are different types of leather being used. Mine are'nt the grainy harder type, but the very very soft leather, and I have been really pleased with them. As a previous reviewer said, not really bad value considering you pay an awful lot more for synthetic bags ie Kathy Van Zeeland, Kipling, and not forgetting the not -even -leather Lulu Guinness!!!!

I have three Stone mountain bags !, two of which where bought in Century 21 in New York (great shop !!! :1:) and the third was from QVC which was a one time only a while ago, none of mine are the really grainy leather, and they are all wearing very well in fact they all still look new.

These bags look awful they are leather but look like plastic to me. The colours are bluddy awful and the 'style' of most of them looks old fashioned. I also think they are very expensive for what they are. They may go down well in the US. but they have no sense of style over there.

I bought one for my mum for Xmas last year and she was made up with it - the quality was great and the leather is really soft, plus even though it's small it's deceptively roomy and you can get loads of stuff into it. Neither me or my mum are really into KVZ or Lulu Guinness et al - just not really our cup of tea, and these to me are about the same level as Kipling, but made from leather.

These bags look awful they are leather but look like plastic to me. The colours are bluddy awful and the 'style' of most of them looks old fashioned. I also think they are very expensive for what they are. They may go down well in the US. but they have no sense of style over there.

Everyone has their own opinions on different things but please don't slang off the US. We visit regularly and most Americans are very stylish (in fact more so than we are over here).

You know when you see a bag and just KNOW that it's the right size with the right combination of pockets?

- well I saw a Stone Mountain bag like that being aired today, so my resolution of not buying from QVC during May has gone wrong already lol

Thats a bit harsh:52: I have one stone mountain bag it is the pebble leather which is'nt flat. I use it a lot and it has worn very well. I also have a Radley bag in pebble leather and the quality of the leathers in both bags is comparable. The only thing I would say about the stone mountain bag is that it is a bit heavy even when empty so if you are used to Kipling bags which weigh nothing you may find it feels very heavy in comparasion. If I didnt have enough bags to set up a shop I could buy more stone mountain in fact there have been a couple on today that have seriously tested my resolve to not buy any more bags oh for at least a month:18:

Everyone has their own opinions on different things but please don't slang off the US. We visit regularly and most Americans are very stylish (in fact more so than we are over here).[/QUOTE I have been to America and stand by my opinion. If they are so stylish over there why is it the stuff they send over to sell on QVC is such carp.

I don't want to get into an argument but like delh says, your comments are a bit harsh. We get many lovely items from the US, like South Western Silver, Honora, Stone Mountain bags etc and I would hardly call them "carp".

I don't want to get into an argument but like delh says, your comments are a bit harsh. We get many lovely items from the US, like South Western Silver, Honora, Stone Mountain bags etc and I would hardly call them "carp".
I am entitled to express my opinion as you are entitled to express yours.

Latest posts

Back