Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Donna back in the day when there was a massive amount to be saved by people coming across the border to shop. For some reason huge boxes (pre liquid) of washing powder were particularly popular. They came in coaches - Every man, woman and child had 2 massive dolly trollys each stuffed with Daz etc and in town you were damned lucky to survive without getting a broken toe the way they charged about pulling trollys.

So if you see Mazza with a trolly keep a good distance!!🛒

We have a local market hall which in pre covid times was always busy. The aisles between the stalls are quite narrow and you took your life in your hands trying to dodge shopping trolleys, prams or mobility scooters. The shopping trolleys were the worst because people drag them behind them and probably forget that cutting inbetween other shoppers isn`t just getting themselves through the gap but also their trolley through the gap. It`s as if its an afterthought and my feet, ankles and shins will testify to that !

Donna back in the day when there was a massive amount to be saved by people coming across the border to shop. For some reason huge boxes (pre liquid) of washing powder were particularly popular. They came in coaches - Every man, woman and child had 2 massive dolly trollys each stuffed with Daz etc and in town you were damned lucky to survive without getting a broken toe the way they charged about pulling trollys.

So if you see Mazza with a trolly keep a good distance!!🛒
My granny and aunt Peggy used to smuggle butter etc across the broader just after the war. Yes, my brother who was a baby in 1947 had his pram used and the broader guards wouldn't search a sleeping baby.

I remember many years ago when my brother was a fireman they were called out to an overturned lorry on the motorway. The lorry was carrying hundreds of boxes of washing powder which were spread far and wide across all traffic lanes after the crash happened. The emergency services who were trying to clear the lanes were simply throwing stuff over the barriers on the hard shoulder. I remember my Mum didn`t buy another box of washing powder for at least a year. My brother was unmarried and still living with my parents so she was very grateful, as was I when a similar thing happened a couple of years later but that time it was boxes of cornflakes which neither my Mum or Dad ate but my 3 growing and ever hungry sons did.

V it’s like something out of Only Fools & Horses!

PS hope son & DIL are progressing well
Thanks for asking LATI. Daughter in law feels much better but says she feels so tired even though she`s obviously not at work. My son is still coughing like an old steam train but his sense of taste and smell are improving. Hopefully by this time next week they`ll both feel much better.

Mazza, you need to get a shopping trolly it will open a whole new world of shopping. The four wheel version, the two wheelied cheapie or more expensive two wheel.
This is what you need, the same as mine. I could get into it!

Sholley donkee_push_4.jpg

It goes to show that none of us really know how our fellow men and women are really feeling. It saddens me beyond belief that covid and its effects on life are driving people to such despair. Money worries, health worries, job concerns, psychological strain, loneliness etc etc all punch holes in our health and well being. Sadly many people won`t or can`t talk about how they feel or don`t want to offload their worries onto others but we`re all in this together whether we like it or not and it would be nice to think we are there for each other even if only via the written word.
I`m hoping we`ll keep the telly forum atmosphere of fun, laughter, sympathy empathy, support and so on as strong as ever and I know any of us can message each other any time for maybe just that extra tiny tad of company or comfort.

I can resonate. Glad you posted, thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back