Stacey (YBF) back with TSV on Dec 13th!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Calvin you must not have gone into the right down market chemist never to come across Contance Carroll!!!!

Donna, I was so taken with Miners and Outdoor Girl (thanks for the reminder Janey!) I probably missed CC! (And I lived in Newtownards as a teen- there were plenty of downmarket chemists there;))

Constance Carroll, that brings back some memories. I had a bit of an obsession with them in the 80s/90s when I was at school. I remember buying a bright orange and pink lipsticks from them, and those lipglosses they did in the glass phials with the rollerball applicators, that were so gloopy your entire mouth stuck together for hours or until you could persuade (via sign language) some over hormonal lad from your class to snog it off for you. Eeww :D .

Constance Carroll, that brings back some memories. I had a bit of an obsession with them in the 80s/90s when I was at school. I remember buying a bright orange and pink lipsticks from them, and those lipglosses they did in the glass phials with the rollerball applicators, that were so gloopy your entire mouth stuck together for hours or until you could persuade (via sign language) some over hormonal lad from your class to snog it off for you. Eeww :D .

Noooooooooooo - oh my goodness that's right - what were they flavoured with? Wasn't it supposed to be like some 'cola-flavour' or something and it was absolutely vile? And then the lid would come off whilst the thing was in your bag. So when you took it back out - the rollerball was always covered in bits of pencil sharpenings/general bottom-of-your-schoolbag-dross that you had to sit and pick off so the rollerball would work and it didn't end up on your lips. YEUCH YEUCH YEUCH. Oh I'm 13 all over again - thank you so much.

Noooooooooooo - oh my goodness that's right - what were they flavoured with? Wasn't it supposed to be like some 'cola-flavour' or something and it was absolutely vile? And then the lid would come off whilst the thing was in your bag. So when you took it back out - the rollerball was always covered in bits of pencil sharpenings/general bottom-of-your-schoolbag-dross that you had to sit and pick off so the rollerball would work and it didn't end up on your lips. YEUCH YEUCH YEUCH. Oh I'm 13 all over again - thank you so much.

Yes! That's right! I'm sure it was Cola flavour. Rola Cola though :D . And that exact thing happened to me many a time, too. Still, it was a good excuse for not handing homework in - 'Sorry Miss, The Constance Caroll lipgloss ate it...' :mysmilie_701:

:mysmilie_34:​
No good for my 14 year DD then

Oh my gosh she knows too much has just seen a taped bit and said a load of bits of make up for £23.00 can't be that good

:mysmilie_687:

Last edited:
My opinion is that it is the YBF logo that makes her make up range now look tacky and cheap. Why did she ditch the name models prefer?
I would have bought this for my DD except sadly I know she would turn her nose up at it........a shame really because when I was 14 I would have loved this...........Mac eyeshadows at £11 each is what was on my DD Xmas list.( I got her only one ):mysmilie_697:

My opinion is that it is the YBF logo that makes her make up range now look tacky and cheap. Why did she ditch the name models prefer?
I would have bought this for my DD except sadly I know she would turn her nose up at it........a shame really because when I was 14 I would have loved this...........Mac eyeshadows at £11 each is what was on my DD Xmas list.( I got her only one ):mysmilie_697:

Because she was forced to. QVC US practically destroyed her business and brand.
I am not sure why everyone thinks MP were better quality products. They weren't; still a good brand.

I have both MP and YBF - and can't help but think MP was nicer and better value? Maybe its just me,especially when todays set seems a good price.

I feel so sorry for what stacey's been through - but can't help but feel above anything else that YBF is such a cr@p name?

That's so true cavegirl. We thought we were the bees knees:mysmilie_697:

My first real foray into makeup was a package called "Cleo eyes ". It should have been called Panda eyes because that was the only effect possible. I wore this with a white frosted lipstick which made me look as if I'd sucked a stick of chalk and Woolies version of Pan-Stik. I thought I was so alluring......
There was also a product called Liq-laq Longlash which you put on your eyelashes at night to grow them. The packaging showed a woman with such impossibly long lashes that, had she batted them, leaves would have blown off nearby trees and people would have had to hold onto their hats.....I'm sure the stuff was just tinted vaseline but I persevered with it for months despite no visible result apart from swollen eyes every morning...:mysmilie_1679:

thank goodness to all of you....i have and am so tempted by this set...i only used a few MP things (mascara and the brow pencil) and thought they were great, but as so many of you have said the quality has gone down since the revamp to ybf i am not going to go for this tsv...i do not wear lots of make-up, so this set was v tempting to have a play and a bit of a try...but i am going out to avoid being near a tv or computer...

Yes! That's right! I'm sure it was Cola flavour. Rola Cola though :D . And that exact thing happened to me many a time, too. Still, it was a good excuse for not handing homework in - 'Sorry Miss, The Constance Caroll lipgloss ate it...' :mysmilie_701:

It got everywere didn't it? It was like having a snail roaming about in the bottom of your handbag. Aye, Constance Carroll cola lipgloss, Twilight Teaser lipstick, electric blue mascara and American Tan tights paired with a nice pair of frilly white ankle socks - I was all the bash :mysmilie_12: Now we've been discussing this, I think I'm going to watch the Breakfast Club/St Elmos Fire and really trip down memory lane! Much better than watching YBF tosh.

It got everywere didn't it? It was like having a snail roaming about in the bottom of your handbag. Aye, Constance Carroll cola lipgloss, Twilight Teaser lipstick, electric blue mascara and American Tan tights paired with a nice pair of frilly white ankle socks - I was all the bash :mysmilie_12: Now we've been discussing this, I think I'm going to watch the Breakfast Club/St Elmos Fire and really trip down memory lane! Much better than watching YBF tosh.

Ah the brat pack:mysmilie_696: i still think those films were brilliant. It reminds me of all those hours spent queing to see Rob Lowe :mysmilie_1559:

constance carroll has given me a real trip down memory lane. I too had the cola flavoured gloopy lip gloss with the disgusting after taste. I also used to alternate between blue and green eye liner and thought I was the bees knees. My teenage daughter is much more sophisticated then I ever was!

I have a theory about MP. I think the collections were good quality, and you would get so much make-up in the TSVs, that actually it stopped people buying other ranges. I think QVC US must have thought "this is no good for business - lets get rid of it and bring in something of poorer quality, with higher prices and give less make-up in the collections." And so, YBF was born. The only things I really loved in the MP range were the eye brow pencil. I do think Stacey is wonderful, and wish her the best of luck, but I won't be buying her make-up. :mysmilie_698:

constance carroll has given me a real trip down memory lane. I too had the cola flavoured gloopy lip gloss with the disgusting after taste. I also used to alternate between blue and green eye liner and thought I was the bees knees. My teenage daughter is much more sophisticated then I ever was!

I have a theory about MP. I think the collections were good quality, and you would get so much make-up in the TSVs, that actually it stopped people buying other ranges. I think QVC US must have thought "this is no good for business - lets get rid of it and bring in something of poorer quality, with higher prices and give less make-up in the collections." And so, YBF was born. The only things I really loved in the MP range were the eye brow pencil. I do think Stacey is wonderful, and wish her the best of luck, but I won't be buying her make-up. :mysmilie_698:

Actually, it was the opposite. There was a court case for those interested. Besides, this is not how business works, especially if one regard a brand somewhat their own.

Love Stacey, always have, but SO disappointed with todays TSV !!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with everyone on the Forum, it looks so cheap and nasty.

Still, it`s saved me £27 or whatever it comes to with p and p

YBF is nothing to do with QVC US at all. The MB brand QVC US helped in the early days and so thought they had a steak in the business and when Stacey wanted to branch out, said no. So a court case resulted and not sure who actually won, but Stacey started YBF and went to HSN in the US. But I have read since infact she is only the face of YBF and another company own and make the brand for her.

It has been commented on that the YBF website has no makeup only the clothing line on it. So could the makeup be on the way out?

From reading QVC US communtiy board seems Mally is owned or part owned by QVC US and that is the new MB for them.

Latest posts

Back