Spring cleaning - grip to me hangers...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As a mere male, I have to ask the obvious question.

Because they are very thin then this is supposed to save lots of space in the wardrobe.

But looking at my wardrobe, it is the CLOTHES that take up the space, not the hangers they are on.

Most of my clothes (suits, jackets, trousers, thick sweaters etc) take up more wardrobe width than the wooden hangers they are on. However thin the hangers were, I still couldn't get any more clothes into my wardrobe as the clothes themselves are packed tightly together.

They may work for thin women's blouses, but I can't see they would be any use for men's suits etc.

They are great for shirts though! Hard as it is to believe, though I understand what you mean, they still save space. My husband loves them as everything seems to hang better, crease less, and take up less space when the shoulders are all at the same height.

Costco have adult and children sizes on offer at the mo, can't remember the prices sorry about that. I know they it was cheaper than QVC if that helps. Went on Monday so should still be there.

Not sure of the exact price, but think it was around £14 inc VAT for 50 of them, can't reccomend them highly enough.

I bought some of these hangers from a local factory seconds shop and they are great (they had several colours) and I really need some more!! I have load more room in the wardrobe. They aren't the cascading ones but I just get a plastic plant tie around one hanger and hook another one from this - It works really well and saves even more space.

Have got three different colour sets...they are brilliant. I love the cascade bit for when they are empty as they don't go anywhere, cos they are all clipped together. So much better than before. I did try some from Costco, but they are thicker and I'm terrified the colour will come off onto something (they are black). Even though they are 20% of the GTM hangers, it wasn't enough to stop me buying the stone colour...bit like a soft green. And now ALL my clothes are in the wardrobe, not sitting in the ironing basket waiting for room!!!

Thanks everyone, I'll make sure I shop around.

One more question, most of my stuff is on wide hangers or padded hangers so that I don't walk around looking like an extra from Dynasty, so if the GTM hangers are so thin, do they leave a bump in the shoulders of your clothes? :happy:

Thanks everyone, I'll make sure I shop around.

One more question, most of my stuff is on wide hangers or padded hangers so that I don't walk around looking like an extra from Dynasty, so if the GTM hangers are so thin, do they leave a bump in the shoulders of your clothes? :happy:

No they don't lily. I was concerned about this too but rest assured they are cleverly shaped and leave no bumps at all.

No they don't lily. I was concerned about this too but rest assured they are cleverly shaped and leave no bumps at all.

That's right. The hangers sort of curve round and down further, so they don't leave bumps. I'm another who gets mine from TK Maxx.

... are they any good?

I need at least 120 of them, I literally cannot get a fag paper into my wardrobe, (not that I'd want to put a fag paper in there), so I thought a nice spritz and grip to me hangers would make some space. Before I possibly waste my money, do they actually do the job?

Thanks in advance :happy:

ab-sol-utely blooming marvelous BUT they can be found MUCH chepaer elsewhere [ i got 18 from TKmaxx for about £12 i think.....home bargains when they have them in are about £2.50 for 10.....the ONLY thing i think is that the qvc ones [ so were told ] doesnt mark damp wet clothes...i wouldnt want to trial my clothes out on the cheaper ones BUT they do do the job & wouldnt go back to plastic now at any price

Latest posts

Back