SPF question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pumpkin

Guest Shopper
Can anyone recommend a non chemical spf? Make-up recommendations with spf are also welcome.

I have tried ultrasun but reacted to it & can't use BE. Have tried Jane Iredale make-up but don't like it much. I am currently using perricone no foundation foundation but it's expensive as it's only 30ml. Spent most of my day off on the internet but it is such a minefield that I gave up and came on here to ask.

Also, I don't spend a lot of time outdoors. In the mornings it's to the car & work. May pop into town at lunch time.

I highly recommend Kimberley Sayer SPF25 moisturiser. You can buy it from Love Lula. It comes in two options - one for oily skin (very light and fluid) and one with antioxidants (thicker texture but great for dry skin). It's mineral SPF and doesn't have nano-particles.

I like the idea of using mineral makeup as sunscreen but I'm not convinced you use enough of it to get the full protection. For example, Christopher Drummond is a great foundation but you only use a tiny amount - how can that protect me? You use a little more BE but still, how do you get full protection?

Have you got on with the LE one? I find it really heavy and greasy.

I actually use ultrasun every day but have used LE and you only need to use a very small amount.
Have you tried LE daily eye repair, its only SPF 10 but you can use it on your face or mix with skin repair

Yes, I like the Daily Eye Repair although I've not used it all over my face.

Clinique City Block, comes in SPF25 or SPF40.
Not a huge tube but great under make up or, if you're really pale like me, makes a good lightweight summer foundation as it isn't white but a very light cream-beige.

WhT I've never got about make up and moisturisers with SPF is that unless they have all-day protection (a laultrasn / P20), which I wasnt aware they did, then surely they only give protection for a couple of hours, and therefore need re-applying throughout the day?

Thank you all for your recommendations. Off to have a look at the products.

Latest posts

Back