ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
OK a few questions.

Is this better than a Oral B?
What is the difference in them?

Is the head very big?
I love the Oral B for the round head, I can get it easily round the back of my teeth. Why are all sonic toothbrush the long heads?

Thank you for all answers.:)

I like these sonic tootbrushes, far better than Oral but it is the price of the replacement heads that I have an issue with, they cost nearly as much as the whole unit.

Head size about 1" long by 1/2 inch height and width.

Last edited:
Yes it's true Themroc i was tempted but 4 heads is over £23 wth postage,the heads never last me 3 months each like Chuntly was saying.

I have used Sonicare brushes for years. I find that the heads easily last three months.

The trick with Sonic brushes is that you don't actually brush. Gently move the brush head over the teeth. The head barely needs to touch your teeth.

The newer model Philips Sonicare heads have been redesigned and have much cheaper heads. I bought a double set for less than £100 off Amazon in August and the head still looks like new. I use it everyday often twice a day for a two/three minute cycle

The dental hygienist I see twice a year tells me that she can tell that I use a Sonicare brush

Stuart

(I don't work for Philips or Sonicare!)

Oh don't like the sound of the length of head. My round head I can get into all sorts of bits round my teeth.

Yes the price of heads!!!!! Boots usualy do half price at certain times.

well my hygenist says she has people who use sonic brushes but do a bad job and people who do an excellent job with a cheap ordinary brush.
So it is horses for courses.
I use a sonic care but i buy the small heads. I bought mine last xmas from boots when it was on offer and I used my points.

Oh don't like the sound of the length of head. My round head I can get into all sorts of bits round my teeth.

Yes the price of heads!!!!! Boots usualy do half price at certain times.

I only have experience of the Sonicare. Boots have a poor selection of brush heads. Sonicare do a mini brush head, which is the one I use. I get mine from Amazon for around £15 for three.

Stuartf is right about the performance. I visit the dentist every nine months and have almost no build-up to remove.

OK I decided to go for it. Seems an inch is not as big as I thought!!!:eek:

Oh by the way, if you look on a well know bay the heads are really cheap and free postage for Plakaway. ;) Four sealed brushheads £9+ and 6 for £18

blimey don't you think is a boring TSV considering we are near Crimbo - nowt wrong with my Oral B Sonic!

Anthony looked embarrassed at the cost of replacement heads - you'd think they have got a pack more in line with the price of the TSV.

i had one of the earlier models of this. its a great toothbrush for the price, and i worried about changing from the round head on a normal electric toothbrush to a longer head but you get used to it very quickly. my problem was the heads, i know its a rip off but it was more a case of finding them. QVC stocked them for a while, then stopped, Tesco had them, then stopped... at that point i changed my toothbrush.

maybe for this low price it doesnt matter, but if you want to keep using this after the 4 heads you get included you may want to make some enquiries, or stock up with the QVC ones now.

Latest posts

Back