Some Advice Please for Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
I bought the Samsung nc10 back in Dec when it was a TSV - despite light use, it began to develop a blinking/refreshing screen which got worse the longer it was used. And this was not just on the internet, but throughout the OS as well.

So after doing some online troubleshooting with Samsung , I rang QVC who told me I'd get a call back in 72 hours - on the third day I got my call, only to be told "We don't offer technical assistance"! Well, I KNOW that! :12: Why do you think I told you I'd been to Samsung...it gets better - she then tells me to go back again to Samsung!

So this time I call them - nice bloke - but he can't help 'cos he says it sounds like a hardware issue with the motherboard. He refers me back to 'the retailer'.

Now I'd love a replacement...but QVC don't have any...so it looks like a refund...but what irks is the fact I'd paid £35 postage on something that's only lasted less than 5 months...do I stand any chance of getting a refund on that postage? :33:

Any similar experiences out there?

Thanks for the help!:60:

tvs

Yes, if an item is faulty/not fit for purpose

I bought the Samsung nc10 back in Dec when it was a TSV - despite light use, it began to develop a blinking/refreshing screen which got worse the longer it was used. And this was not just on the internet, but throughout the OS as well.

So after doing some online troubleshooting with Samsung , I rang QVC who told me I'd get a call back in 72 hours - on the third day I got my call, only to be told "We don't offer technical assistance"! Well, I KNOW that! :12: Why do you think I told you I'd been to Samsung...it gets better - she then tells me to go back again to Samsung!

So this time I call them - nice bloke - but he can't help 'cos he says it sounds like a hardware issue with the motherboard. He refers me back to 'the retailer'.

Now I'd love a replacement...but QVC don't have any...so it looks like a refund...but what irks is the fact I'd paid £35 postage on something that's only lasted less than 5 months...do I stand any chance of getting a refund on that postage? :33:

Any similar experiences out there?

Thanks for the help!:60:

tvs

If an item is faulty, you should get your P&P back. They may not offer, but stand your ground and you should get your refund including original P&P. I think QVC may arrange to pick up the item, but speak to CS and they will tell you how to get it back to them. You should not pay return postage yourself either.

Good luck

:41::41::41:

I was told by CS that if an item is "faulty/defective" then I would get my postage back !, and I agree that you should get QVC to pick it up or give you a prepaid label.

TV shopper if you have any problems go to trading standards and they will give you advice - you can look online and you will find help as to what your rights are if the goods are 'not fit for purpose'. There is also online help for writing letters to complain.

I had a thread on here a couple of months ago as my Dell broke 1 month out of warranty and they didn't want to know. The good folks on here advised me to do this. And within a week of writing just one letter they had a repair man out who fixed it FOC for me.

If you know your rights and can quote eg that under section 61 of the sale of goods act etc. and that you have spoken to trading standards, you will do better as they think you know what you are talking about.

Yes you will get your postage back. Infact they might organise a courtier to come pick it up, do you remember if it came by one. I have heard that QVC are very slow at picking stuff up?

Latest posts

Back