Sogni d'Oro 0.75ct Solitaire Padparadscha Sapphire Ring 14ct Gold OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone got a spare grand to spend on a Sunday afternoon ??? (like you do)

I still wear a lovely 18ct orange sapphire solitaire with diamond accents that I bought back in the day when I gulped at spending £215 ! If I'd known then how much prices were going to increase in less than 10 years I would have bought a bucketful and flogged 'em on Ebay !!!!

i still have all my qvc gold from decades ago. i even bought my lucky daughter some gold over the years. i wish like you i bought a lot more

If I had a spare grand to spend today I surely wouldn't be spending it on QVC, I'd be going on a nice holiday, somewhere hot!

The photo makes it look like pink sapphire - I don't see the salmony orange tone in the pink stone that I like in Pad Sapphire. Not that I have a big wad of cash to spend on it!

It isn`t even a nice ring for the price and .75ct will be a small stone for a sapphire.

I know, I bought an 18K white gold Paraiba tourmaline ring in 2008, and wish I'd bought a lot more and sold them off! At the time, I thought it was quite expensive seeing as it was a stone I'd not heard of before (just loved the colour when I saw it on screen). It was £78!! Now try getting one for even triple that. I know Padparascha sapphire is another expensive stone (although Padparascha quartz is the lower price equivalent, and looks almost identical).
i still have all my qvc gold from decades ago. i even bought my lucky daughter some gold over the years. i wish like you i bought a lot more

Anyone got a spare grand to spend on a Sunday afternoon ??? (like you do)

I still wear a lovely 18ct orange sapphire solitaire with diamond accents that I bought back in the day when I gulped at spending £215 ! If I'd known then how much prices were going to increase in less than 10 years I would have bought a bucketful and flogged 'em on Ebay !!!!

Believe it or not, you can actually buy them cheaper today than you bought ten years ago. I seen two separate QVC diamond rings on eBay over the last few weeks because I'm looking to treat myself for my wedding anniversary, they both stated they were stamped QVC to let the customer know because jewellers won't touch QVC jewellery and a lot of jewellers buy jewellery form eBay to sell on, they were both quarter of a carat diamond weight set in 9ct gold, one went for £51 and the other went for £59, I watched them out of curiosity so I think you did the right thing by not buying more, you'd have been massively out of pocket.

If I had a spare grand I`d buy a loose sapphire and then have it set. I have 2 rings which I bought the loose stones first and then had a local jeweller set them for me. The beauty is you can buy a nice stone and then hang onto it until you can afford to have it made into a ring, earrings or pendant
Here`s an example, a 2.26ct orange sapphire for around £500.
https://www.simplysapphires.com/yellow/orange-cushion-cut-ceylon-sapphire-2.26-cts-8.6x6.4mm

It comes down to what we've said before, which is buy it because you love it, not with a possible profit in view - that way you won't be disappointed. Although I've had a couple of bits of shopping telly jewellery valued by a local jeweller, who was fine about doing so, I agree with you that many jewellers won't touch it.
Believe it or not, you can actually buy them cheaper today than you bought ten years ago. I seen two separate QVC diamond rings on eBay over the last few weeks because I'm looking to treat myself for my wedding anniversary, they both stated they were stamped QVC to let the customer know because jewellers won't touch QVC jewellery and a lot of jewellers buy jewellery form eBay to sell on, they were both quarter of a carat diamond weight set in 9ct gold, one went for £51 and the other went for £59, I watched them out of curiosity so I think you did the right thing by not buying more, you'd have been massively out of pocket.

It comes down to what we've said before, which is buy it because you love it, not with a possible profit in view - that way you won't be disappointed. Although I've had a couple of bits of shopping telly jewellery valued by a local jeweller, who was fine about doing so, I agree with you that many jewellers won't touch it.

Oh yes I agree H, unless you're buying to sell on, always follow your heart having said that, always do research to check you're not getting conned or ripped of, we make like something but we're not stupid. :mysmilie_17:

Can I ask why jewellers wont touch selly telly jewellery, I've never heard that before. The presenters are always saying to get it valued. All the rings I have bought from QVC, Gems & TJC are lovely seem good quality to my untrained eye.

I've had this reaction from my local upper end jeweller, who generally are a bit sniffy of anything without several 00's.

Other jewellers in the same price range consider them to be rivals so bad mouth them, in much the same way they do the likes of H Samuel.

It's quite difficult to get someone you trust to resize a Q item without having to listen to everything which could possibly be wrong about it and ending up feeling like a total prat for having been stupid enough to have bought it!

Mind you those same jewellers are now stacked to the roof with branded jewellery much of it bronze because that is what is selling now rather than traditional styles. After all how often do people now buy this style outside wedding jewellery.

Can I ask why jewellers wont touch selly telly jewellery, I've never heard that before. The presenters are always saying to get it valued. All the rings I have bought from QVC, Gems & TJC are lovely seem good quality to my untrained eye.

QVC gold rings have QVC stamped inside, so jewellers are alerted to the fact it's a mass produced shopping tv ring made in China, saying that my local jeweller says he can actually tell just by looking that it's from QVC, they give you "the least amount of ring, for the most amount of money" his words not mine.

Just adding he has no reason to say this to me as one, he's loaded and his jewellers is reputable and does well and two, he knows I don't shop with QVC.

Last edited:
... I seen two separate QVC diamond rings on eBay over the last few weeks because I'm looking to treat myself for my wedding anniversary, they both stated they were stamped QVC to let the customer know because jewellers won't touch QVC jewellery...

That's a sweeping statement that is not accurate at all.

My grandfather started a jewellery business in the 40's which is still in our family and trading so I have been brought up knowing the inside story of this business.

Jewellers (not the high street retailer types) don't care where the items are from (as long as it's a legitimate source) as the metals and stones can all be recycled - they are more interested in quality than anything else.

Why anyone would think that a QVC stamp on the inside of a ring would be a big deal breaker in the second hand market is beyond me.

Besides, not all Q jewellery even shows a retailer's mark.

I know some posters have their own anti-Q agenda but let's get back to some sense of reality.

QVC gold rings have QVC stamped inside, so jewellers are alerted to the fact it's a mass produced shopping tv ring made in China, saying that my local jeweller says he can actually tell just by looking that it's from QVC, they give you "the least amount of ring, for the most amount of money" his words not mine.

Just adding he has no reason to say this to me as one, he's loaded and his jewellers is reputable and does well and two, he knows I don't shop with QVC.

So, a random jeweller just happened to seize upon QVC as a brand to slag off to you when it just happens to be your arch enemy? Wow, what are the odds :mysmilie_15:?

Does he (or anyone) honestly believe that no other jewellery brand is mass produced in China? It's the way of the world these days... the gold is the same quality (it's pretty difficult to change the recipe that much!) and the stones are what they are - they are produced by nature and selected and cut by man.

Just get over it.

Buy it if you love it - move along if you don't. Simple really.

I sincerely hope that these comments were not aimed at me as I was speaking truthfully regarding an expensive tanzanite ring which I wanted resized. This was the best jeweller in my town (going at least 40 years in my time here) and once he saw the QVC stamp he refused to do it saying that he wouldn't be responsible for the setting. He put me off it saying it was set off angle etc etc etc and I've never worn it.

I sincerely hope that these comments were not aimed at me as I was speaking truthfully regarding an expensive tanzanite ring which I wanted resized. This was the best jeweller in my town (going at least 40 years in my time here) and once he saw the QVC stamp he refused to do it saying that he wouldn't be responsible for the setting. He put me off it saying it was set off angle etc etc etc and I've never worn it.

Ah no don't worry LATI, it's me, as always. :mysmilie_15:

i have had a lot of high street jewellers down grade qvc jewellery and its just sour grapes because qvc sell oodles more than them.

Latest posts

Back