Sogni d'Oro 0.75ct Solitaire Padparadscha Sapphire Ring 14ct Gold OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are all Q's items stamped QVC? I've got a few pieces and cannot see the Q stamp, but have rubbish eyesight... I never knew this, thanks for the info! I'll bare this in mind in the future

i have had a lot of high street jewellers down grade qvc jewellery and its just sour grapes because qvc sell oodles more than them.

Quality not quantity. QVC charge hundreds for hollowed out gold and ungraded diamond chips, QVC should really put the four Cs when selling diamonds, if anything other than the fact you know what you're actually buying.

Are all Q's items stamped QVC? I've got a few pieces and cannot see the Q stamp, but have rubbish eyesight... I never knew this, thanks for the info! I'll bare this in mind in the future

Gold rings and expensive pieces. It's so that you can't send a ring back that you didn't purchase from them, they'd know because theirs are stamped.

Quality not quantity. QVC charge hundreds for hollowed out gold and ungraded diamond chips, QVC should really put the four Cs when selling diamonds, if anything other than the fact you know what you're actually buying.

i dont love qvc as you know but the jewellery is not bad quality but i have stuff from 20 years ago. still jewellers were being rude because of the big sales qvc had. you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. i did buy diamonds from qvc and thats clogau and graded and beautiful

i dont love qvc as you know but the jewellery is not bad quality but i have stuff from 20 years ago. still jewellers were being rude because of the big sales qvc had. you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. i did buy diamonds from qvc and thats clogau and graded and beautiful

I'm pleased you like your jewellery I really am, that's not what I'm commenting on. Anyway I've said what I wanted to say, seems to be turning into something else now, so we'll agree to disagree.

I don't think calling someone a Troll if they are acting like one is a personal attack, more stating the truth, also in my right to tell someone to "quack" off when their hidden agenda is to always to have a go at me, I've seen worse that's stayed up, so putting that comment makes it seem like I've said a lot worse. Deeply disappointed I really am, so I'll put my comment again leaving those two comments out, because apparently a personal attack isn't calling someone a liar.

The "random" jeweller was my sister in laws brother, I was in collecting a ring he'd resized, this is a few years back, when he was telling me about a man who'd come in with a QVC ring, he felt sorry that he couldn't give him much so suggested he went to Cash Generator.

The "edited" bit is just that id forgotten to put the word "ring" in after QVC.

Last edited:
Way back in the day, Gems was equal to the QVC section on ST. A number of members knew their stuff had loops and returned if not up to standard ordering another same ring to get the best stone.

Padparadscha sapphires are gone, they have stones which they now call Padparadscha, but they do not have the true pink/orange of the lotus they are named for. On Gems even back then very very expensive. There was a scandal some years later when it was found that some rings sold as true Pads were in fact not, they did not come from the area in India where true Pads did. People got their full money refunded if they wanted. So not all Pads are the same and equal. Think Alexandrite which Russian it the most highly prized but no longer available. Now Alexandrite is from India, still lovely but no where near the quality and the command price of the original Russian.

Back then as well there were stories of jewellers(Gems only sold size N/O back then so resizing for many), turning their noses up at rings and many telling the owner they were fake etc. Gems replied saying many of the gem stones they sold not widely available in jewellers in the high street, and the info card they sent with each item.

QVC have stamped QVC on the inside of their jewellery for years now. I have bought beautiful rings from QVC way back, Apatite with diamonds around £45 and the gold band is solid, yes I was shocked. I used to hang round clearance and buy, yellow beryl which I was asked a few times if it was a yellow diamond.:mysmilie_15:

On Ebay when the crash hit and people started selling off their Gems and QVC rings did not go for the prices expected and the prices dropped. I bought a gorgeous pink sapphire and diamond for around £50, got the cert with it too, Hot Pink Sapphire and Diamond from a scape dealer for around £40, Star Ruby and Diamond ring heavy gold weight with cert for around £40. One ring I adore I remember as a QVC TSV, they were white gold Diamonds and Morganite or Aquamarine. I really wanted the Morganite but could not afford that day £90+ and no easy pay. Then bang it a few years later turned up on Ebay, yes baby came to me for again £40 something.

There used to be lovely artisan jewellers on ebay making stuff in 9ct gold and real gems. I have many pairs of earrings which I wear and love. Then gold went up and what they charged for 9ct gold earrings suddenly even silver ones over £60 and I stopped.

Very interesting reading Donna.

I do concur with everything said on here, and I've had the same experience with a family jeweller. One of my first purchases with Q (around 2004) was an aquamarine ring. Had no clue of my ring size at the time and took an educated guess. It was slightly too big, so didn't expect any problems when I took it along to the shop for resizing. Nope, as others have said, he wouldn't entertain it and I was amazed at the reaction. Anyway, as we on here don't live in the same region, at least we know that jewellers in general all around the country (not a sweeping statement!) steer clear of Q's jewellery.

In a way its understandable - yes I bought a lot in the early days, purely for the love of it, BUT BUT BUT there is no comparison to the hollowed out rings, which they rarely showed on screen, to the clearly 'better quality' solid rings in the jewellers window. Where Q won hands down was the amount of gem choice which the jewellers couldn't compete with.

I got my long awaited jewellery from QVC today and checked everywhere with my jewellers loupe and there is no QVC stamped on it .

I got my long awaited jewellery from QVC today and checked everywhere with my jewellers loupe and there is no QVC stamped on it .

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151985334494&globalID=EBAY-GB Please read the description, haven't got time to link the rest, this one is stated its marked QVC, like I said its gold and expensive rings, how on earth do you expect QVC to identify their jewellery if one is tried to be sneaked past the warehouse any queries then they'll know. Don't know what the big drama is, the expensive rings are stamped, and why do you think they're under the heading "QVC gold rings"? it's nothing personal, it's just how it is.

Majority of my QVC jewellery has the QVC mark on them .Its only few that does not .Maybe they did not have time to mark them .

My Diamonique has DQCZ stamped on it. Any branded jewellery does not have the QVC stamp. All of my unbranded, non - diamonique, silver or gold jewellery has QVC stamped on it. My local (proper) jeweller, not high end just a family business that's been there since the 70's- has said several times that the QVC stamp is not a good thing in the jewellery industry. This has been in the context of not being able to repair items due to cheap (tubes) of the previous metal used when you think an item is solid.

Having said that, I had a AA tanzanite stone removed from a QVC hollowed out white gold band and had it re-set by this jeweller. The same jeweller was happy to sell it second hand a few years later for more than double what it cost me.

I really got a shock a few months ago when I sold two rings on eBay. One was a 9ct gold smokey quartz "bubble" set rings from Gems TV. It was quite an unusual design and I was gobsmacked that it went for nearly twice what I had originally paid for it!!

I suppose I'm quite lucky in that my local jeweller isn't sniffy about QVC jewellery at all. He's resized and revamped a few pieces for me over the years. I did have one tanzanite part bezel set ring that came from QVC and another jeweller had refused to resize it. That was before I discovered this particular jeweller. I took it to him assuming he wouldn't resize it but he said it would be fine. He could only think that the combination of the stone and the setting wasn't ideal for resizing as there was a chance the setting could become unstable and that might have been why the other jeweller refused.

I have some pieces marked QVC and some not. But as they were bought from QVC I can't see a problem with that.

I think its rare to actually be able to make a profit on jewellery in our lifetime unless you're in the trade or in the know.

True padparadscha sapphire is stunning. I own one slightly wishy washy piece but I have seen one stunning piece in the flesh. This doesn't look a particularly typical colour to me but what do I know.

Morganite is my favourite stone. Closely followed by smokey quartz. Both have large variations in colour and I know which colours I prefer but that's about personal preference.

When I first saw Gems and QVC prices for morganite I was horrified as they were so cheap but now I've seen the pieces in the flesh there are very few I would actually want to own as the colours aren't my preference.

Why is this range so expensive .The stones are nothing new except maybe padparascha and for that price you can get a good piece of jewellery .secondly it's still in 9 ct gold not 14 or 18 .

Still it is quite nice to see something different - more like those we could get every week up until a couple of years ago.

I don't like claw set jewellery so won't be tempted judging by those i have seen so far.

Latest posts

Back