Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mind you, this is from a company who can't even do next day delivery, Click and Collect or Paypal, yes QVC are indeed stuck in the 90s.

I saw that too and from what i could see, that wasn't so much a dishwasher issue as the fact the gold rims hadn't been fired but had been presumably coated on afterwards (much cheaper products involved I guess) so the heat and pressure from the water had actually lifted it up in places and moved it around. Soooooo shoddy and cheap!

Certainly any kind of properly applied metal rims do eventually fade in a dishwasher but they stay in place!!!!!

I stick my The Range china mugs with a gold rim in the dishwasher once a week (I handwash them daily). There's been slight fading, but they are 7 years old at least.

Of course, QVC will just quietly let the BB die, and hope that people will just go away and stop asking about it.

Usual QVC buries head in sand sing Lalalalala and ignores the customer's question.

Awful that those mugs don't stand up to a wash in a dishwasher(especially when it proclaims they are'Dishwasher safe') I was wondering if AH applies the faux gold herself from a paintbox.To give that 'personal touch'.Passes the time away whilst she's waiting to thrill an audience.

I have just noticed that you can see the Arsebook customer care bods on Q FB page, however no mention or photo of LiamX.

"Our Pat" has a goodun today but it went right over CS head as usual!

I have just noticed that you can see the Arsebook customer care bods on Q FB page, however no mention or photo of LiamX.

"Our Pat" has a goodun today but it went right over CS head as usual!

Just read it, Pat is really going in lately. :mysmilie_15: I also think "Mary" is from here too, you know how I know, she's used my "ahem" it's ok Mary, I don't mind, I haven't trademarked it or anything. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

OH,:mysmilie_15: It would seem that Liamx does not know when someone is taking the piss. Pat could still be walking over their heads for years.:mysmilie_17:

So Black Friday week has started online. I placed an order yesterday afternoon, around 2.30pm or later. Yet Beauty Bay managed to ship it out that day! Their site was manic as products disappearing when sold out. People complaining about why X, Y or Z was not in the sale to be told on Facebook very sorry but it had sold out. I expect to recieve mine tomorrow and it was free shipping over £15! Think how large QVC are and it takes them days to ship out.

:mysmilie_59:I think Pat's cryptic / sarcastic attempts to tell them they are c*** are not what they are used to. Perhaps Pat may need to 'up the anti' as the saying goes .Sure that will happen soon enough..:mysmilie_13:

'Mary' if you are a member of this forum keep telling it how it is on FB !!!!!

Talking of deliveries I am not best pleased today.

Usually I order and collect in store from marks so never a problem, however I ordered a floor lamp which had to be delivered to house.

Paid extra to have it delivered on specific day (today) so rearranged my work days but received an email from courier this morning to say no show, perhaps tomorrow. I have spent most of the morning having a barney with various people. Not a happy bunny.

Talking of deliveries I am not best pleased today.

Usually I order and collect in store from marks so never a problem, however I ordered a floor lamp which had to be delivered to house.

Paid extra to have it delivered on specific day (today) so rearranged my work days but received an email from courier this morning to say no show, perhaps tomorrow. I have spent most of the morning having a barney with various people. Not a happy bunny.

thats a shame allthingsitalian. i don't think marks are as good as they used to be. we ordered some flowers for my sisters birthday last may and they never arrived. it took a week of phone calls to get them delivered which was a major inconvenience as we wanted them for her birthday not several days later. they did deliver the flowers for free but it was a wasted experience. see if you can get a whopping discount. but they are not that great anymore. :mysmilie_10:

I don't think M&S flowers are all that reliable. I have never used them but friends have reported delivery failures over recent years. I wouldn't use them now.

thats a shame allthingsitalian. i don't think marks are as good as they used to be. we ordered some flowers for my sisters birthday last may and they never arrived. it took a week of phone calls to get them delivered which was a major inconvenience as we wanted them for her birthday not several days later. they did deliver the flowers for free but it was a wasted experience. see if you can get a whopping discount. but they are not that great anymore. :mysmilie_10:

I don't think Marks are anywhere near as good as they were either.

A while back I returned a pair of pyjamas that I had worn a week and washed. They shrunk in the wash and were pilled up the arms. I took them back and the staff were really terrible to deal with. The lady on the desk said they had pilled because I had moved my arms in them, and when I told her I had hardly worn them she just reiterated the same thing. She then measured the pyjamas as they had shrunk and said they were fine. In the end because they would not give me my money back, I had them send the pyjamas to head office for inspection. Thankfully I did get a refund, but I was quite annoyed as to how I was treated in front of other customers and their attitude to me in general.

the staff are not what they used to be, not sure if its m&s trying to save money but its not the same. tbh you rarely had to return stuff the quality was that good. now its like most places prices through the roof and quality rock bottom.
if a company gives me a hard time when an item is faulty i tend not to go back again.

I don't think Marks are anywhere near as good as they were either.

A while back I returned a pair of pyjamas that I had worn a week and washed. They shrunk in the wash and were pilled up the arms. I took them back and the staff were really terrible to deal with. The lady on the desk said they had pilled because I had moved my arms in them, and when I told her I had hardly worn them she just reiterated the same thing. She then measured the pyjamas as they had shrunk and said they were fine. In the end because they would not give me my money back, I had them send the pyjamas to head office for inspection. Thankfully I did get a refund, but I was quite annoyed as to how I was treated in front of other customers and their attitude to me in general.

the staff are not what they used to be, not sure if its m&s trying to save money but its not the same. tbh you rarely had to return stuff the quality was that good. now its like most places prices through the roof and quality rock bottom.
if a company gives me a hard time when an item is faulty i tend not to go back again.

I must be lucky because the staff in my local M&S are lovely. I only buy the odd item of clothing when there's some kind of discount going on and I still think the quality is good for the price. The only reason I don't buy as much as I did is I am no longer office based so can slob around in older, more casual stuff! I rarely buy fresh flowers but I do think theirs last a good while - I've had tulips and roses last 10 days. It's hit and miss though.

Your pyjamas experience sounds horrendous, Anna. I would have been mortified if I had been treated like that, especially in front of others. Similar happened to me about 15 years ago in Wallis - the staff literally smelled the armpits of the tops and said they had been worn so they couldn't refund me. I was absolutely livid - I'd only bought the items in that store a couple of days earlier and I never, ever try on clothes at home except straight after a bath. Anyway, that's brought back bad memories so I'll stop now!

I also have had problems with M&S. I ordered three items for store collection last Saturday. I received an e-mail to say two items had arrived and the third was on the way and I would get an e-mail when it arrived. Yesterday,having heard nothing more I went to collect my order only to find there were only two items there but one of them was the missing item so one of the other items wasn't there. I spent 40 minutes on the phone last night to eventually be told the missing item had been misplaced but was in store. So that's another journey and tunnel costs to collect it.

The one time I did have a problem with a click and collect at M&S seems their computer systems went into meltdown. Must have been a few years back. I received the email saying item (bottle of perfume), was in store really to collect. No it wasn't. The girl at collections searched and searched for ages but nohing. It actually arrived three days later. Since then no problems. Never had a problem returning items.

I use click and collect several times a month and the staff at our store are really good and I still feel that Marks are one of the best stores (we don’t have a JLP) but definitely not number 1 as before.

I think the problem is with the courier although Marks are ultimately responsible.

Well I see we now have gristle gate - someone posted about a Qvc pie and they have pounced on her accusing her of posting a picture of something which probably wasn’t even a Q pie.

Also did you see the link to YouTube from the fellow who seems to buy everything showing him decorating with Q items (I think it might have included those AH globes)

Well I see we now have gristle gate - someone posted about a Qvc pie and they have pounced on her accusing her of posting a picture of something which probably wasn’t even a Q pie.

Also did you see the link to YouTube from the fellow who seems to buy everything showing him decorating with Q items (I think it might have included those AH globes)

Just read that, the people on there clearly aren't aware of the term "hypocrisy" accusing the woman of deceit, and calling the post nasty yet they pounced on her like a pack of wolves, or one of Brett Wanabes pies. :mysmilie_17: There's one woman who always jumps to the defence of anything and everything QVC and seriously needs to get out more, and if ever I've read anything "nasty" it's from her.

Gristle gate!!.... I need a Tena lady , can't cope!! :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back