Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its still rampaging over on the Tili Facebook page. People accusing them of not actually having any stock in the first place. Someone saying they will be contacting QVC CEO over this. One woman said things had gone down hill as QVC had been sold and bought by another company. I did reply saying er no. QVCUS have bought into the Home Shopping Network. Someone else saying they used to worked for QVC and it was Tili's fault. Many saying they are going for the M&S calendar instead which is still available in store. Oh and you can spend the £35 get the calendar and then bring the thing you bought back and keep the calender. Not sure that is really correct?

They didn't an advent calender last year. That is why they where all foaming at the mouth on its release.

Its still going on Q page.

Oh and the followers are rising up over the endless Dyson hairdryer. Seems there should have been a Bobbi Brown hour last night which fact was a whole hour of the hairdryer. They show the hairdryer more than they do the TSV of the day.

The diehards must think there's a "Golden Ticket" in a few of the Tilli boxes, who ever finds one gets a trip around QVC studios and meet the presenters, because one for the life of me I couldn't think of anything worse and two, I can not get my head around all the fuss, they're samples for goodness sake, any company would give send you one if you asked...........it is funny though. :mysmilie_17:

Although I'm aware of the original concept of advent calendars, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand the current idea.

Some of these are nearly £100 and even the middle range are £35 so in the price range of a good gift, however you can't give it onChristmas day (25 days too late) and if you give it at start of December what do you on Christmas Day? It seems to me that they are considered an extra pre Christmas gift.

Probably just me as I'm not into beauty products.

Ditto. Well I haven't bothered to google them, and I gather they contain a miscellany of small sizes from different brands (don't they??) but I think I must have missed the launch because I have no idea how it works. I have never seen them on Q, just seen threads here. One of life's mysteries for me, LOL.

I generally think the concept of beauty advent calendars is a swizz - invariably you're getting a lot of filler products and mostly in sample sizes that you would expect in free gifts, so when they claim the total price paid would be £x, that is basically a big fat untruth. The Tili calendar and recent boxes are perfect examples of this - lots of hype about sweet fa and people lap it up. The outrage on Q's FB page is quite ridiculous as those people who 'missed out', should be grateful.

I totally agree about value, and would include lots of gift sets with small sizes in this. Like with Loccitane when they say this 30ml handcream worth £8. Yes, that is the price, but I would never pay that when you can get 150ml for £18 or £20. I had the calculator out when I was trying to see if my Crabtree and Evelyn advent calendar was good value! Luckily it was and a good way to try their new range of scents without committing to the large size. But in all cases you need to do the sums. Like for those MB sets as well.

I'm loving Pats good work on the Q page. Asking for a YC calendar after the success of the Tili one.

I totally agree about value, and would include lots of gift sets with small sizes in this. Like with Loccitane when they say this 30ml handcream worth £8. Yes, that is the price, but I would never pay that when you can get 150ml for £18 or £20. I had the calculator out when I was trying to see if my Crabtree and Evelyn advent calendar was good value! Luckily it was and a good way to try their new range of scents without committing to the large size. But in all cases you need to do the sums. Like for those MB sets as well.

Exactly, I always get the calculator out for sets and usually go by percentage, if the genuine value of something is about 1.5 times the price being charged, then I will consider it as invariably there will be elements within the set that I wouldn't normally buy. Anything less is just not good value unless I want everything in the set.

Have to confess I bought the MB advent calendar but that met both criteria as it was relatively good value and I will use everything in there, plus all their products last for ages as you don't need to use much.

QVC have missed a trick with Tili; they should launch the first box of 2018 on auto-delivery (less stress for those who would usually buy every box anyway); with a sweetener to stay in the AD program that the final box in Nov 2018 is the only way to get the Advent calendar which is bigger and better, and the only way to get it! It'll keep folk in the program and lessen the PR backlash.

I know AY used to do the ml for ml value on TSVs for the small sizes in them.

I have never had the urge to buy a advent calender. To me they are just goodie bags or GWP which are always free anyway, if you are buying something you want or need and get well that is great.

I know AY used to do the ml for ml value on TSVs for the small sizes in them.

I have never had the urge to buy a advent calender. To me they are just goodie bags or GWP which are always free anyway, if you are buying something you want or need and get well that is great.

Donna, what does GWP stand for?

"Pat" for Prime Minister!! :mysmilie_17:

Seen someone asking when are those "Instacax" cameras back on QVC, I thought for the love of...........go to Argos, you get the newer one (9) for the same price as QVCs (8) honestly, what's up with these people? :mysmilie_17:

I can't believe people post stuff like this but someone just posted this on Q's FB comments page and it did make me chuckle as it's just so damn rude!

Sorry but julia needs a better bra her boobs are nearly on her waist

I think that crowdfunding one has been deleted.

I felt uneasy at looking at a photo of someone who was asking for money, one half thinking it might be a scam and the other half wondering what country we now have that if she was genuine she had to resort to begging on a FB page.

Latest posts

Back