Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know what you mean about this, but of all the beefs we have about Debbie the Medical Detection Dogs charity is the least irksome. She's doing what all charities want from a patron with a media profile, raising awareness and plugging their fund-raising any chance she gets. It's a small charity that maybe isn't attracting the biggest names and even though many will switch off because it's her, MDD will still get the benefit.
Yes she's building her own fan-base but there are many wealthy and A-list celebs who don't engage in philanthropic activities just for boosting the charity's profile. If Debs simply sent them an anonymous donation that'd be ok, but they will raise more having her out there on social media and QVC-based platforms, so I'm okay with it.

The charity just need to keep an eye on any charidy auctions she runs to ensure it's not just one of her cronies that benefits from it! :mysmilie_11:

Apologies if she mentions it on FB or Twitter all the time because I'm not on either (and if I was I wouldn't be following her anyway) but from what I've seen of her on telly, lately I've not heard her mention the MDD charity, which is what I meant, when she was selling off all the things she didn't want because she was moving she never stopped talking about it, so was it the MDD she wanted to plug, or use the MDD charity to bring attention to her sale? Because she's not mentioned it lately (as far as I'm aware) then my suspicions seem correct, the charity was used to promote her sale.

Well, I think I have possibly said something on the Q arsebook page that will get me blocked for the second time this week. Fortunately I have one more active arsebook account that I have not used to look at Q but will need to be careful now.

Well, I think I have possibly said something on the Q arsebook page that will get me blocked for the second time this week. Fortunately I have one more active arsebook account that I have not used to look at Q but will need to be careful now.

Oh no, you haven't been doing that telling it like it is thing again have you? You know how they hate the truth.

Did I hear DBF mention that she was moving house AGAIN.

It seems to me that all the Q presenters have moved several times over the past few years. Maybe the neighbours ran them out of town.

Did I hear DBF mention that she was moving house AGAIN.

It seems to me that all the Q presenters have moved several times over the past few years. Maybe the neighbours ran them out of town.

She's moving to Devon. Sadly she will be coming back and staying with family/friends when working at QVC. I had hoped it was a signal of a complete change of career direction (you can ignore the books).

If you can bear to, it's all on Debbie's QVC blog.

Where she lives now is an extremely expensive area - so-called stockbroker belt. These days you'd have to be earning a heck of a lot more than a QVC salary to afford to buy somewhere, and I'm fairly sure that Debbie rents.

With the dogs and the writing, I think she'll have more opportunity to have somewhere with a nice big garden for the dogs, lots of space for walking (though dog-walking's not bad around where I believe she's based already).

I don't understand why Debbie is so keen to share her entire life details on blogs and other social media. I don't think there is a private Debbie any more... and I hope her friends and family are similarly inclined as it seems nothing happens without photos (Debbie selfies with whoever in shot) as evidence.

And brace yourself, as her daughter has recently become engaged. If you think Kathy Tayler was bad as the mother of the bride... Debbie will be bride's mother-zilla on steroids, I have no doubt.

I admire the fact that Debbie has so much energy and always looking for new opportunities and experiences, but we know all about it, and it's too much sharing for my taste.

I wish her well with her new venture, but I also hope that (as when Pipa moved to her rural idyll) the appearances on QVC will become fewer.

She's moving to Devon. Sadly she will be coming back and staying with family/friends when working at QVC. I had hoped it was a signal of a complete change of career direction (you can ignore the books).

If you can bear to, it's all on Debbie's QVC blog.

Where she lives now is an extremely expensive area - so-called stockbroker belt. These days you'd have to be earning a heck of a lot more than a QVC salary to afford to buy somewhere, and I'm fairly sure that Debbie rents.

With the dogs and the writing, I think she'll have more opportunity to have somewhere with a nice big garden for the dogs, lots of space for walking (though dog-walking's not bad around where I believe she's based already).

I don't understand why Debbie is so keen to share her entire life details on blogs and other social media. I don't think there is a private Debbie any more... and I hope her friends and family are similarly inclined as it seems nothing happens without photos (Debbie selfies with whoever in shot) as evidence.

And brace yourself, as her daughter has recently become engaged. If you think Kathy Tayler was bad as the mother of the bride... Debbie will be bride's mother-zilla on steroids, I have no doubt.

I admire the fact that Debbie has so much energy and always looking for new opportunities and experiences, but we know all about it, and it's too much sharing for my taste.

I wish her well with her new venture, but I also hope that (as when Pipa moved to her rural idyll) the appearances on QVC will become fewer.

i doubt it. qvc is debbie flints life and main love. its good to love your job that much ...sigh!

Second time today Q Facebook have stated they never claim to be the cheapest!!!!!!

First over the Frank Usher cape and woman complaining about her ageing mother being take advantage off over some food stuff.

Latest posts

Back