Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You really need an ultrasound scan on your shoulder alter, an X-ray could miss it because if doesn’t show up as good. Hope you’re ok we know how painful it is, good luck ❤ xx

Thank you, Shopps. It seems better than it was but catches me quite bad now and then.

I asked GP about a scan on another visit and was told if an x-ray didn't show anything a scan wouldn't. I'm pretty sure she's wrong so I thought I'd wait for the physio and hope they'd send me.

I won't be seeing anyone for quite a while now.

Hope everyone finds a way to relieve their own aches and pains. This getting older lark is getting... old!

Thank you, Shopps. It seems better than it was but catches me quite bad now and then.

I asked GP about a scan on another visit and was told if an x-ray didn't show anything a scan wouldn't. I'm pretty sure she's wrong so I thought I'd wait for the physio and hope they'd send me.

I won't be seeing anyone for quite a while now.

Hope everyone finds a way to relieve their own aches and pains. This getting older lark is getting... old!

Yeah getting old is a right pain in the bum...........amongst other places 😂

Take care of yourself ae and I hope you and yours are well. ❤ xxx

I've been waiting since the result of my x-ray a year last Christmas! Same pain, nothing showed on x-ray and the GP says no to a scan until I see a physio.
Your Gp sounds a bit rubbish....sorry.

Can't watch her, all that sucking up to folk and fake niceness makes me want to vomit. We CAN tell it's all faux smarm Catherine.

CC
It's the hair extensions that get to me. Children in abject poverty forced to sell their hair cos she's too lazy/vain/insert other/ to grow it.🤬

I read a post on QVC US forum Beauty section yesterday. A woman 70 was complaining about not being able to get her normal Botox and the first thing she will do when lockdown over straight away book her appointment. Now many on the thread told her there are more important things, someone said how sad that when people dying she was only interested in getting her Botox. She was jumped on saying the OP could spend her money how what she considered important.

I kept thinking she was a normal American woman 70 years old freaking over not getting her Botox injections. In the UK/Ireland we think its only actors/actresses or in reality TV who are getting face fulls of Botox. Oh no, the new normal will be pensioners - teenagers thinking it is normal that you must have Botox to look ok.

I work (the good old days) with young ladies ranging from 23 to 35 and several already have lip fillers and most say they intend to have Botox when the first wrinkle appears! Now this is a small country town 10 years behind the times, so imagine what it must be like in a city.
My dentist does facial aesthetics treatment whatever that is - I assume Botox type thing?

Reading about a product called plaster magic (for DIY) Mr L decided to to an Amazon search and as well as the normal sticking plaster brands the results included a book for swearing and nipple covers. Guess what I’m doing over the weekend - plastering the wall wearing just nipple covers and swearing like a sailor!

I read a post on QVC US forum Beauty section yesterday. A woman 70 was complaining about not being able to get her normal Botox and the first thing she will do when lockdown over straight away book her appointment. Now many on the thread told her there are more important things, someone said how sad that when people dying she was only interested in getting her Botox. She was jumped on saying the OP could spend her money how what she considered important.

I kept thinking she was a normal American woman 70 years old freaking over not getting her Botox injections. In the UK/Ireland we think its only actors/actresses or in reality TV who are getting face fulls of Botox. Oh no, the new normal will be pensioners - teenagers thinking it is normal that you must have Botox to look ok.
I've now had my fill of the 'people are dying & you're worried about...' comments. There are two certainties in life, death & taxes, & whatever you do or don't do people will always die. During the final weeks of my mum's life I continued working, had my hair done, went out with my husband & children & even laughed. The fact that I visited her every day, that she was always in my thoughts & filled my dreams didn't occur to her extended family & all they did was criticise.

I've now had my fill of the 'people are dying & you're worried about...' comments. There are two certainties in life, death & taxes, & whatever you do or don't do people will always die. During the final weeks of my mum's life I continued working, had my hair done, went out with my husband & children & even laughed. The fact that I visited her every day, that she was always in my thoughts & filled my dreams didn't occur to her extended family & all they did was criticise.

I agree, completely agree, it’s as if you’re not allowed to be angry about more than one thing at the same time, people are dying so you can’t worry about anything else that goes on in your day to day life. That’s the beauty of the human mind, you can think more than one thing funny, be angry about several things, you can even worry about lots of things and be scared about lots of things at the same time too, all while worrying and caring about people dying and the repercussions of the deadly pandemic.

Reading about a product called plaster magic (for DIY) Mr L decided to to an Amazon search and as well as the normal sticking plaster brands the results included a book for swearing and nipple covers. Guess what I’m doing over the weekend - plastering the wall wearing just nipple covers and swearing like a sailor!
Can you get Mr L to video it please and give us the link to his YouTube page ?

thank you in advance:oops:

The plant carnage continues with photos.

The endless can you check my order as has not arrived, if CS see this can they contact me.

Now the endless replies that the Facebook mods cannot access your account or see your orders do not seem to make a difference. I really think a large notice on their page telling customers they cannot access their accounts or orders and they must contact CS sticky really needs to be put up.

Oh, Chuntley has a new fringe it seems.

The plant carnage continues with photos.

The endless can you check my order as has not arrived, if CS see this can they contact me.

Now the endless replies that the Facebook mods cannot access your account or see your orders do not seem to make a difference. I really think a large notice on their page telling customers they cannot access their accounts or orders and they must contact CS sticky really needs to be put up.

Oh, Chuntley has a new fringe it seems.
The fringe to trigger a fresh wave of compliments, I suspect!

I'm at a total loss as to why emails can’t be dealt with surely this is the easiest task to do remotely. A week or so to get a system up and running (my two bit firm had it sorted within a few days) but they have just shut up shop from day one. The phones are just as bad, who is go8ng to hang on for 45 minutes at a time only to be cut off.

Really think someone needs to take this further it’s not right that they sell but it’s near impossible to contact a company who is renowned for a high percentage of faulty goods.
i know things aren’t normal but it’s unethical to sell sell sell but refuse to allow contact from customers. Either get your act together or shut down. Most other online companies are managing very well it’s just Q who I’m afraid to say get their money far too easily.

When the likes of Chunts and spaniel ears are on rabbiting about wonderful Q it makes my blood boil when you consider all the complaints and the garden shows which are the worst offenders are on as often as Ultrasun and that is saying something.

I'm at a total loss as to why emails can’t be dealt with surely this is the easiest task to do remotely. A week or so to get a system up and running (my two bit firm had it sorted within a few days) but they have just shut up shop from day one. The phones are just as bad, who is go8ng to hang on for 45 minutes at a time only to be cut off.

Really think someone needs to take this further it’s not right that they sell but it’s near impossible to contact a company who is renowned for a high percentage of faulty goods.
i know things aren’t normal but it’s unethical to sell sell sell but refuse to allow contact from customers. Either get your act together or shut down. Most other online companies are managing very well it’s just Q who I’m afraid to say get their money far too easily.

When the likes of Chunts and spaniel ears are on rabbiting about wonderful Q it makes my blood boil when you consider all the complaints and the garden shows which are the worst offenders are on as often as Ultrasun and that is saying something.

It's not just Q either, I would class Screwfix as another huge company, and they have taken the decision to completely close their customer service phone number and at work we've just had a delivery from them missing some items so I've had to fill an online form in about it and they say they'll get back in touch with me within 7 working days. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, they were quick enough to take my money so they should be just as quick to sort out my query. They're either open for trading or they're not, they can't have it both ways IMO.
But as you say LATI, small companies who appreciate peoples business have been quick to adapt and are a pleasure to deal with in the main.

Regarding the queries to FB about missing/bodged orders which the FB Mods like Joex cannot answer, why don't they employ a few FB query investigators who get a query referred to them by the mods and investigate it?

Latest posts

Back