So who makes a good beauty gift TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
A few years ago I got my mum a Molton Brown TSV for her birthday. She absolutely raved about it, and I've just got her one every year since - sometimes I've put away the spring one, sometimes the Xmas one, but it's become a tradition.
I just had to break the news to her that she's had the last one, as they've parted company - and to put together something similar direct from MB would be very expensive indeed, and without the EasyPay sweetener either.
So we're embarking on a new year of TSVs now, do you think there's another brand would go down as well? I'd like to look out for something as I like to plan ahead - or maybe I should take my own advice and start getting the stuff shipped to her direct nearer the time, the postage was not cheap (£25 Special Delivery ouch!).
Anyway, you all know absolutely everything so any ideas would be welcome!

You could always give her bits of different beauty TSV's to let her try

Liz Earle is coming up, and then maybe something from l'occitane and SBC

I'd be delighted with something like that

The bonus is you get to keep all the bits your not giving away :1:

I've never tried MB but have to agree with Andamooa as L'Occitane is lovely! Infact bought a set for my boyf's mum and she loved it too!!

I think Loccitane will take over as the "big" bath and body TSV's for gifts but I dont find Loccitane lathers as well as MB

I think Loccitane will take over as the "big" bath and body TSV's for gifts but I dont find Loccitane lathers as well as MB

I know what you mean Bluebell.

I used the Lavender Shower Gel from the Try Me Kit yesterday. There was hardly any lather and it disappeared within seconds.

I've never been a L'occitane fan. Don't know why, but I get the feeling Molton Brown will be back on QVC before 2009 is out.

You don't need lather to clean though. That's just nasty chemicals

bits and bobs! make up beauty hampers. my mum kind of got bored with the l'occitane tsv but is now on the decleor buzz. if you get her a bit of everything then she will like new things and you will not get stuck again.

Making up your own beauty hamper for her is a good idea and you can find the things she likes the best and then buy that the year after

I have only ever had one MB kit (bought for me as a gift - not from QVC) and I wasn't very impressed. Didn't fall in love with any of the smells.

My rec would be either L'occitane set made up of the soaps and hand creams or if you are after shower gels go for Philosophy. They have some really yummy fragrances - at the moment I am using a white chocolate one which is really creamy smelling - including the Grace perfumes.

L'Occitane or Philosophy. L'Occitane really exudes quality IMHO and smells beautiful - really luxurious. No, they don't lather as much as some, but that's because they aren't choc full of sodium laureth sulphate like many others.

Philosophy have some great scents in their shower products, though QVC don't offer as much as they could, as they have a much wider range elsewhere.

MB always seemed rather overpriced for what it was. Very artificial smelling.

For anyone who likes nail products the Leighton Denny TSVs are beautifully presented and packaged. Whenever I buy one I always think they would make a lovely gift.

I've never tried MB either, but like the others I would recommend L'Occitane.

Regaring the lathering issue, the lavender is POOR for lather, however the Chery Blossom, Verbena or even the Ruban D'Orange soap up beautifully and the smell is lovely. Packaging is nice too.

The shea an milk collections are lovely as well as the soaps and hand creams. You've got a whole range to choose from, not just shower gels.

The TSV's are usually very good on QVC for L'Occitane, usually bigger sizes etc - Why not pop into a local L'Occitane store to have a closer look at whats available?

Second choice would be Philosophy. The packaging is more cute compared to the elegant L'Occitane. You will have nooooo trouble with lather and the 3 in ones (shampoo, bubbble bath and shower gel) are the BEST THING EVER.

Unfortunately as Philosophy seal their bottles, you won't be able to check them out in shops - my local John Lewis just has a rack of them. The Graces are nice but where they really excell is in the other shower gels like Cinnamon Buns an Pumpkin Soup. Beautiful!

My mum got me a L'occitane set for Christmas and I love it.

You could buy your mum Bolton Brown items from their reduced line or sale items or normal price items on and off through the year then put it in a nice box, say buy one item a month or ever other month.

Philosophy Shower gels are nice. Just spotted a new Range on QVC called Roger and gallet, don't know what that is like though. I love L'occitane too. What is the SBC range like for the body? Are they more problem solvers then nice smelling items?

My mum got me a L'occitane set for Christmas and I love it.

You could buy your mum Bolton Brown items from their reduced line or sale items or normal price items on and off through the year then put it in a nice box, say buy one item a month or ever other month.

I got the L'occitane set for Christmas too Yazrose, and I love it. Was it the TSV in that nice box.

That's a good idea of your's about the Molton Brown Yazrose.

molton brown have been selling off their christmas gift collections 25% off on their own site since boxing day...

I usually like the L'Occitane TSVs, and the recent Elemis TSV would have made a lovely gift.
If you can get to a L'Occitane shop, they do a lovely free gift wrapping service at Christmas. Then you can choose a nice selection of appropriate goodies, and they'll box it and wrap it beautifully for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back