So which skincare "expert"is giving their mum L'occitaine divine cream for Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
So which skincare "expert"is giving their mum L'occitaine divine cream for Christmas

" I shouldn't really say this" laughs AD but one of our other skin care guests likes the divine cream so much, she's giving it to her mum for Christmas.
So the list of suspects are: Keeley,Andrew,Fiona,, Liz, mad prai lady etc.

So who rates their own product so highly that they give L'occitane instead?

Yes i know they may want to give them a change but I thought it was strange.

My money's on Fiona because she loved Cleanse and Polish so much she created her own version for Decleor, or so we're told. More likely she sent a couple to the French labs with the sales stats for them to mull over!

I'm trying the Divine Cream at the minute courtesy of a bundle of samples from my local store and I have to say I do really like it. Also have the serum and the eye cream. My skin has become much drier in the past few months so it seems to be working really well for me. Lucky mum I say!

What's the magic ingredient in this cream then? What makes it so special and so pricey? The only skincare that makes a real difference to my skin is Alpha H due to the acids. All the other creams moisturise and imo are all the same (some worse than others) so any ideas why this one is apparently so good.

Someone prepared to be outed by loose lipped Q presenters, AY is not known for discretion and others are anything for a sale mentality too. I'd bet Emma Hardy, she seems down to earth after her run of poor health and maybe her mum can't be bothered with the faffy mixing of her products.

I tried it for a couple of months and scrutinized myself for any sign of improvement. Sadly I found none but it is a lovely cream to use and a little goes a long way.

It's a shame QVC can't branch out and cover the whole range of this. As well as the cream and serums, there are brightening treatments, SPF, cleanser, toner and others. I'm not sure why they just have the main cream and nothing else. And they could bring in the make up range too. There's a whole lot more to L'occitane than hand wash and cream!

It's a shame QVC can't branch out and cover the whole range of this. As well as the cream and serums, there are brightening treatments, SPF, cleanser, toner and others. I'm not sure why they just have the main cream and nothing else. And they could bring in the make up range too. There's a whole lot more to L'occitane than hand wash and cream!

I agree. Funnily enough the first time I realised this was in the L'Occitane store in Florida. There were lovely candles, men's sets, skin care, make up and many more flavours in shower gels etc than on QVC. I've since been to the shop in Cambridge (love shopping in Cambridge). I know for a fact that if they had more flavours and a wider range of products on QVC I would buy. I should imagine Alexis gets sick and tired of talking about the same old handful of products every few weeks.

PS why are those large bottles of shower gel such a horrid colour ? Looks like French onion soup or very concentrated urine. Whose bathroom decor would complement such a hue ? (perhaps someone who smokes in the bath ?).

Its the Immortalle (sp) flower which is also known as the ever lasting flower. They use it as a note in perfume.

I had a quick nose in the L'Occitane shop in Belfast this morning. They now do large candles and they had the rose shea handcream in a little gift set with a lip balm.

Ingredients:
Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg, 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

Although this moisturizer has its share of impressive beneficial ingredients, the amount of synthetic and natural fragrance ingredients is cause for concern because they are irritants, as are some of the plant extracts and the myrtle oil. According to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, myrtle oil used topically can cause “bronchial spasm, asthma-like attacks, or respiratory failure in infants and children.” Granted, this isn’t a product for kids, but why bother including such a problematic, unimpressive ingredient that doesn’t have any research showing it has any benefit for skin? The jar packaging issue isn’t even worth going into detail about because this is just a really bad, overly expensive product.

So there!
That's what Paula Begoun thinks!

l'occitane skincare is very good as is most of thier lines. but alpha-h is by far the best skincare for me as it genuinely makes a difference because of the glycolics. have not had the need to chop and change i have been using it for several years, i do like l'occitane shea face soap for my face its lovely and use the alpha=h cleanser also.

Ingredients:
Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg, 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

So there!
That's what Paula Begoun thinks!

she is very scathing about other essential oils as well. i never knew that when i started using premium skincare that my skin was going to look so rubbish. with boils,rashes and sores. all the cheap stuff like avon made my skin look amazing. if you are having problems with your skin after sheling out a beauty day ramsome its more than likely the beautiful but irritating stuff in your prestigious skincare

I am not fooled Alexis. You just said that you are embarrased that you haven't given your mum some divine cream to try si you are getting her some for christmas!

I reckon you are covering up for your mate Keeley. Fair play!

Honestly. Is there anything Paula EeByGum does like? I've never read a good review yet. I'm not saying she's wrong to warn people but godfathers. What does she like?

It's easy for me though my skin is whatever the opposite of sensitive is. Rhino hide I fear.

Honestly. Is there anything Paula EeByGum does like? I've never read a good review yet. I'm not saying she's wrong to warn people but godfathers. What does she like?

It's easy for me though my skin is whatever the opposite of sensitive is. Rhino hide I fear.

At a guess, she would reccommend her own brand of skincare, whilst she says on her website that she will reccommend other brands over her own if they are better, she almost always finds fault with something about the product. If she can't take a pop at the ingredients she will then say the product is too expensive. Many of her reviews are identical for different products within the same range.
On the plus side I sometimes find her reviews helpful, and I like that she says if animal testing has taken place.

I agree that the L'ocitaine range on Q is very dull, limited and repetitive. They have such gorgeous stuff in the shops. I get the impression that they use Q to off load things that they have an abundance of as we get the same old shea butter products and boring packs of soap over and over again.
I buy from the store on from their website as I do like their things but give Q a miss.

essential oils can damage some skins but on some skins it makes a lot of difference for the better. just not mine!

AY should spend more time advising on who the products are suitable for..I don't mean teacher's gifts or table presents but instead skin types. Alpha H nearly burnt the top layer of skin off my face. Only advice from Allison was oh yes thats right none!. Give me LE any day.

Latest posts

Back