so many all the same

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
We've mentioned so many times that its the same old same old, but have just ploughed the fashion on Q site, and there isn't a fag paper between all the different 'designers' , particularly on their tops. From Rene, Annalee & Hope, Nina Leonard, Anttony, Marla Wynn to Mr Max on today, the prints, the styles, and the polyester fabric (despite it being called 'milky' or jersey), there is no difference between any of 'em, and yet they all believe they are coming up with something new !

Q buyers are really short changing their audience with this lack of 'choice' - yes there is Yong Kim, Quacker Factory, Michelle Hope and Together, who in their own way, do come up with a different fabric - whether it be creased, fleece, or lace, but in the main the channel is so top heavy with American designers who cater for the American woman with flappy culottes or shark bite hems to cover everything south, that not only is it all becoming one big yawn, but the prices with p & p on top simply aren't worth it anymore.

You're right, I think QVCs fashion is tired now. I bought a few tops from IW and they were really nice, good quality and most importantly, reasonably priced.

I thought the same thing brissles. I was looking to see what Mr. Max had on offer because I like the guest but it was impossible to tell whose site I was on. Also agree about I.W. fashion. I bought two long blouses years ago from them. I think it was the era when Loen stilled was a model - although they were modelled by the one that suffered with bunions - I can't remember her name. I only wear them for gardening now but they are great if it turns a bit chilly to pop over a vest top.

Some excellent points in the OP. If I see another pair of ankle length, camel toe enhancing wide leg trousers or another empire line maxi dress I'll choke. Qvc fashion is appallingly old fashioned and overpriced in general.
I wonder if Together will go the same way? So far it's good to see that they use a lot of cotton in some of their designs

I`ve just bought a new skirt and wanted a white top to wear with it and Q is the last place I`d look for one. I think their " fashion " is dire, overpriced, old fashioned and quite often badly made for the money. You might get the odd rose amongst many thorns but even then they`re usually way overpriced. I give up with Q, not just regarding fashion but with many other things too.

so many all the same

You are not wrong! I have all but given up on QVC, if there is the odd hour when something I would watch is on ... it is likely presented by someone I just refuse to watch..

I agree even someone of my age would not wear most of the clothing they sell. I've had quite a few things from M&S lately and even bought a top in River Island and some trousers from Next. I don't want high Fashion whatever that is but just nice wearable clothes both smart and casual at reasonable prices. The only problem I had was finding a dres for my Granddaughters wedding ( it's Tomorrow eeeeek) as most were too short but eventually found one on line. Just to add to the excitement in the family my first Great Grandson arrived last week he's a gorgeous baby.

I agree even someone of my age would not wear most of the clothing they sell. I've had quite a few things from M&S lately and even bought a top in River Island and some trousers from Next. I don't want high Fashion whatever that is but just nice wearable clothes both smart and casual at reasonable prices. The only problem I had was finding a dres for my Granddaughters wedding ( it's Tomorrow eeeeek) as most were too short but eventually found one on line. Just to add to the excitement in the family my first Great Grandson arrived last week he's a gorgeous baby.

Congratulations on two lovely events in your life Bettyboo!

Got a nice model top from Aldi, 4.99, Next have nice tops and we have a Boundary Mills near us that sell designer clothes at reasonable prices.

There are a lot of complaints on the QVC America Facebook page about the 'fashion' on offer there!

To be fair to Marla Wynn and Mr Max - they don't seem to do sharkbite hemmed items.

They also have nice guests in Marla and Joey.

I think all the brands which offer sharkbite (dresses and tops) need to retire them as a matter of urgency.:mysmilie_365: If skinny-minny models look dreadful and hippy in the items, it's a safe bet the rest of us will too!

Latest posts

Back