So, I'm not a fan of QVC huh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was it talking about products sold on Q and Legal problems those products have encountered eg: Perricone and claims; Skechers and legal issues; Revitalash and ingredients reformulation; ModelsInc vs QVC. Stuff (!Facts!) that are on the WorldWideWeb for all to access? Maybe Q shouldn't have sold the QuestionableProducts in the first place. ie: DBasso, companies that test on animals etc. Just a thought from Snarly'sDen.

If people really wanted to do something practical they could become VIP members of this site

How you do this is on the front page.

I know times are hard for a lot of people, but £6 is not a huge one off payment and seeing as Q often levy high P&P charges of £5.95 or more, well, I think that puts it in perspective.
This site gives a lot. It would be nice to think that members would like to give something back.

I would also ask the lukers to join. You must enjoy the site if you visit it.
A boost in membership would give more power to Graham and may even send a message to Q.

Done. Was thinking about doing it a few days ago now that I have realised that I am now a regular poster and it was not just a flash in a pan. This issue has clinched it for me.

I do read the QVC Facebook page.

Loads of complaints about service and the DSR(which I am sure they got the information from here). Then the groupies turn up and its oh how wonderful QVC is etc.

We(st.com), do get mentioned. Usually its THAT AWFUL SITE etc. CT, is alway saying how awful we are, yet she seems to come up with the latest TSVs(hey, I know you come here to get them, by the way!).

I remember long ago on st.com quite a few of the guest presenters used to come on here and answer questions etc. Then were told you cannot post here by QVC. Now fecking stupid and petty is that! It was actually getting more sales for QVC, you cupid stunts.

As for QVC US, just go read their community board, 90% is complaints about the crap they are selling or bad service.

QVC are losing money, its the times we are living in. They are treating customers with contempt, the new website, I rest my case. They think throwing easy pay and buy it early for TSVs will do it. No it wont. They are like a dinosaur, too big and too slow to change. On their Facebook page, you get people (who may be members here, coming on and telling others), this is cheaper at Amazon etc. Do you want to buy it on 3 easy pay or save £100 and get free shipping with fast delivery? Simple.

It strikes me the only feedback they want is positive, rather than trying to burry any negative feedback they would be wise and probably earn some respect and loyalty if they try to address some of the issues. P&P charges are unacceptable, orders in process for days also unacceptable considering the above premium prices charged to deliver goods. Bulking TSVs out with sample sizes I could go on and on... Any well run company tries to improve service and this forum is a excellent tool to learn what constomers think is good and bad, address the bad make your company better that's what I'd do.

Theres so much competition out there now that frankly offers so much better value and service, where you feel valued, I don't shop with them for that reason, I generally add the cost of P&P to a beauty TSV and consider if it really is good value to me, I'd have bought most of them a few years back. Upshot is I've saved a fortune in P&P alone enough to buy additional products elsewhere.

This forum should feel proud of all it's achieved and the commitment to keep all members informed.

I agree with AJL-C, maybe it's because the [lovely] people on here speak the truth, don't tow the QVC line and don't give everything a 5 star review. Not all the 'unpopular' views are removed thus giving a false view of heaven on Earth.

I am rather glad that there are arguments and disagreements on here, it shows people are passionate about their subject. It would be hell if everything tasted of vanilla.

Its always a bad business model when a company increases prices, p&p and seeks to blame everyone else for its woes when its profits are down. I read somewhere (possibly here!) that QVC UK is running at a loss. There are some big companies out there who are still very successful despite the current economic climate (Amazon and Apple come to mind). Perhaps QVC should be looking at those companies to analyse why they are successful, really listen to its customers (this site is a good start) and overhaul their current business model completely. A business must always be evolving, capable of adapting quickly to new economic trends, to continue to be a successful business. This isn't rocket science.

If people really wanted to do something practical they could become VIP members of this site

How you do this is on the front page.

I know times are hard for a lot of people, but £6 is not a huge one off payment and seeing as Q often levy high P&P charges of £5.95 or more, well, I think that puts it in perspective.
This site gives a lot. It would be nice to think that members would like to give something back.

I would also ask the lukers to join. You must enjoy the site if you visit it.
A boost in membership would give more power to Graham and may even send a message to Q.
See you all down there later today :hi:

Very true Flamenco and interestingly the two companies you mention I shop with both! I'd also add John Lewis to the list, brilliant CS and often good value I've found. I feel valued when I shop with them.

You're right, I forgot John Lewis. Its one of my favourites too - I always walk out of John Lewis happy. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Their online business is excellent too - I bought a new fridge from John Lewis. They delivered at the time they said they would, installed the fridge and took the old one away. Tip top service. I love Waitrose too, which is part of JL, but can't afford to shop there regularly at present. John Lewis has it completed sussed with customer service.

i like qvc been watching from day one and buying from day one. i cant believe that it blames the forum for lowering sales and cannot see that times change,internet gives people more choice in thier buying power and that they believe that customer loyalty alone will keep profits high.

sounds like they cant afford the sponsorship money. times must indeed be hard. but look closer and you will find that qvc is an outdated dianasour. daft delivery times compared to the rest of the commercial world and some of the highest p&p in the comercial world.

Oddly enough, I signed up to be a VIP member after last week's debacle when I thought I should put my money where my mouth is...

I'm even more pleased I did now because minim is right about showing solidarity for Graham.

Done. Was thinking about doing it a few days ago now that I have realised that I am now a regular poster and it was not just a flash in a pan. This issue has clinched it for me.

See you all down there later today :hi:

YAY!

I just had a look at the statistics on the bottom of the opening page
As of 10:AM this morning there were

5.390 members

51 members were online
425 were guests .... JOIN lol

The only reason i didn't join the VIP section, is because i spend a lot of time here chatting away,
and was worried if i joined "downstairs" i'd never be off the computer. he he. I do have an addictive
personality, but i totally support Graham and all of us so i'm going under today, wonder whats
there, have often thought about it, very nosey he he :rock:

YAY!

I just had a look at the statistics on the bottom of the opening page
As of 10:AM this morning there were

5.390 members

51 members were online
425 were guests .... JOIN lol

I've kept checking the stats all morning. This site ALWAYS has loads of guests viewing. Although VIP membership is a £6 one off payment I believe I have read before that some VIP members donate to the site regularly. Well worth the £6.

DOESN'T COST TO JOIN THE SITE THOUGH. (Just in case anyone was thinking of joining and doesn't want to pay .)

I do read the QVC Facebook page.

Loads of complaints about service and the DSR(which I am sure they got the information from here). Then the groupies turn up and its oh how wonderful QVC is etc.

We(st.com), do get mentioned. Usually its THAT AWFUL SITE etc. CT, is alway saying how awful we are, yet she seems to come up with the latest TSVs(hey, I know you come here to get them, by the way!).

I remember long ago on st.com quite a few of the guest presenters used to come on here and answer questions etc. Then were told you cannot post here by QVC. Now fecking stupid and petty is that! It was actually getting more sales for QVC, you cupid stunts.

As for QVC US, just go read their community board, 90% is complaints about the crap they are selling or bad service.

QVC are losing money, its the times we are living in. They are treating customers with contempt, the new website, I rest my case. They think throwing easy pay and buy it early for TSVs will do it. No it wont. They are like a dinosaur, too big and too slow to change. On their Facebook page, you get people (who may be members here, coming on and telling others), this is cheaper at Amazon etc. Do you want to buy it on 3 easy pay or save £100 and get free shipping with fast delivery? Simple.

A couple of small points in a sea of replies but I think Donna has hit the nail on the head here & I would imagine if the 'stunts' are now reacting, it is just possible they are not all as 'cupid' as they would seem to be & are actually, somewhat rattled, suggesting all is not flowers & fairies at QVC HQ?

1) The DSRs. These would indeed hit QVC hard, as they have always relied on encouraging people to use/play with their items & then return them if not happy under their own 30 day mbg, resulting in buyers losing out on their p&p both ways. That's fine, great but as I've said before, it should be in addition to, not instead of buyers statutory rights under the DSRs.

The amount of reviews you see stating that they hated the item on sight but didn't return due to the p&p costs to send it back are still rife but guess what QVC....the word is spreading & your days of burying a one-lined sentence about 'statutory rights' in your T&Cs & making no further mention of it will not suffice for much longer, people are becoming aware that they don't have to keep chucking away their initial p&p on items that are deemed 'ugh!' at first glance!

2) Dinosaurs. Yep, they are, they come from & belong to an era where people saw/looked/liked/bought, not saw/looked/went to compare prices elsewhere! People were not so internet savvy when QVC started up but they are now, online sales are massive & those who cannot compete in an internet driven market, with faster delivery times/low or free p&p being demanded &/or expected really have to count themselves in the 'days are numbered' category!
BS on-air spiel about items 'new to QVC' (well it might be new to QVC but I saw it in an end of season sale, did you get a pallet load cheap or something?) along with items (bags for instance) still being flogged at full price when they're from 3 year old collections & can be bought much cheaper elsewhere!

There is no PC way to say this but when the current crop of grannies & their telephone orders only are no longer shopping, you will be left with my DDs (much less easily fooled, very aware of DSRs & such like!) & then, when she grows up, your shoppers will include my granddaughter, who can change apps, scroll through photos, select & play videos on an iPhone....at barely two; techno toddler won't end up falling for your nonsense I can assure you!

3) Of course there will always be a proportion of stupid people who remain oblivious to their rights/immune to presenter BS etc. etc. (otherwise how could some of the other shopping channels keep going? lol) but I don't think a few tweaks of a website & the introduction of a few more 'made especially for QVC' ranges/items is going to get to the bottom of the problem!

QVC are a bit stuck in a way as at the end of the day, they are similar to eBay, being merely a selling platform (apart from their own ranges obviously!) but they have neither the size nor variety of goods that eBay does & their inital idea of bringing the shopper more unusual or hard to find brands/items doesn't hold up so well now, as most people can find those things themselves (cheaper!) with a few clicks of a mouse & as QVC push up their p&p charges for instance (at a time when virtually everybody else is slashing theirs to the bare minimum!), shoppers are starting to do just that.....!

4) QVC - put your own house in order before trying to offload blame onto somebody else! This site has generated hundreds & hundreds of thousands of pounds (at least!) in revenue for you, you ungrateful little sh*tes....are you running scared & looking to point the finger maybe?

Graham, they're so not worth & if your dogs could speak, I'm sure they would tell you that themselves too...in an astounded & surprised voice I expect! lol I'd love to know who these other companies that were mentioned are though, that have been told to keep away from the 'naughty children'! :emo:

I am not a member of QVC facebook, but had a look in today, I have not looked at all the posts there, but this caught my eye

"If you want to buy before tonights BC show go to shopping telly qvc there is a link there .I have just bought the Lee Sands pearl bracelet but many things are not available including B W bracelet .

Linda Jordan The ST.com detectives are brilliant eh!! x Many thanks to them all - you know who you are? xx
October 17 at 3:50am · 2
Seirian Tomos Can't find the link :(
October 17 at 6:00am via mobile

Sandra Clinton You need to go onto page 2 and look for breast cancer night then click through the links."

For all I know these could be members from here, I was thinking that it was good publicity for our ST site:happy: I also caught our Strato's post there:clapping:
There are a few complaints there too, so is QVC going to do something about Facebook too.........of course not., this just shows what they(QVC) are, in attacking a small site like ours, qvc is just a big bully!

Latest posts

Back