Smashbox May TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Delivery times have been getting better lately - I assume because they have less things to sell and people are buying less so therefore less to despatch???

Wish they were here. I am in a big town in Kent. If I order something that will go through the letterbox - fine. If it's a larger item then it's never under a week and usually the seven working days.

The 30 MBG is from when they ship so in effect less than 3 weeks guarantee.

I used to have the same problem Snuffles - if it came by post it was a couple of days if bigger a couple of weeks - but things have been better lately.

The 30 MBG is from when they ship so in effect less than 3 weeks guarantee.

My order was placed on 13th May and I have until 22nd June to return so they do allow extra time for delivery so you should still get 30 days to try it out.

Mine came this morning, although delivery is not usually so quick up here but credit where credit is due

and I have just received the email to say make room for your parcel, its on its way :D

I had an email yesterday saying make room for your parcel but don't have any goods yet. Maybe tomorrow?? I ordered at 7.00 am so maybe you ordered yours at midnight?

I ordered mine at midnight and it arrived yesterday lunchtime - the fastest I've ever had anything delivered. I'm pleased with the Halo, love the eyeliner and the lip stuff is nice too. I've not tried the eyeshadow and am now sure I need to as I got the lovely boxed Smashbox set from Jayne and there's enough eyeshadow in there to last me a lifetime.

I had an email yesterday saying make room for your parcel but don't have any goods yet. Maybe tomorrow?? I ordered at 7.00 am so maybe you ordered yours at midnight?

I ordered mine at midnight but live in the North of Scotland so its really quick for delivery

glad you all got yours - mine is still on cheque hold. Are you guys happy with your Halo warmth or whatever it is called? Is it a good tsv?

glad you all got yours - mine is still on cheque hold. Are you guys happy with your Halo warmth or whatever it is called? Is it a good tsv?

I have mine and I am very happy. The eyeliner is gorgeous, as are the lip products. The eyeshadows are, perhaps, a bit 'full on' for a natural look on me but will work when I want to attempt glamour. I have to admit, although I had seen the Halo Glow on fair skinned models, I was unsure exactly how it would work with my lived-in-a-cave, don't-venture-out-of-doors-without-SPF50 pallor, but I found it pretty easy to use a little amount to get a very gentle warmth. I don't get a Cheryl Cole glow, but I neither do I look like I never go outside! Definitely works for me!
By the way, if you're wondering just how fair I am - that's my hand in the avatar and it had to be Photoshop warmed up to make it show up!

mine came this morning again fastest ever!im quite pleased with mine i like the eyeliner very nice and the eyeshadow is nice love the new lip gloss its gorgeous, not so keen on the lip pencil the colour is too orangy! now ive tested the halo glow and used the teeny tinyest amount to try it and ive had to go back and back to it to actully get any kind of noticable colour!am i doing something wrong?its certainly not orange on me and im not dark skined but i seem to need loads to get any sort of colour/effect at all!!bit strange but do like it

Mine came this morning too - my kind neighbour just brought it round as we were out when postie came with it.

Looks very good - the eyeliner looks a lovely colour and the rest will all be tested tomorrow - should be a glam sunday morning look this week!

Emma: the halo glow is lovely I have had it before but it is very subtle not a orangey colour and you can build it up. I find some bronzers impossible to put on lightly but this you can go as little or as much as you like.

Wahayy just home from my hols a few hours ago to find that mine had been delivered and DD had opened it and removed the eyeliner brush and eyeliner itself! LOL!
Off to bed peeps will logon again prob tomorrow!!

Yes I have already had the Halo Glow and I like it, you only need a tiny amount though, and yes I am pleased with everything except the eye shadow which is very similar to lots of others I have and is a bit boring.

i think i figuerd out why i was having trouble with halo glow, the little brush that came with it!!i washed it and all this black like inky stuff came off(yuk) had to wash and rince 3 times and still the foam was black!no idea what it is or why, now its dried out used it this morning its fine, only needed 1 small swirl and can see it perfectly!god knows whats in that brush

i think i figuerd out why i was having trouble with halo glow, the little brush that came with it!!i washed it and all this black like inky stuff came off(yuk) had to wash and rince 3 times and still the foam was black!no idea what it is or why, now its dried out used it this morning its fine, only needed 1 small swirl and can see it perfectly!god knows whats in that brush

I have never washed any new brushes that I have bought before I have used them. Now you have said this, I think for all sorts of reasons I'll wash them first in future.

ive not botherd either tbh but i just thaught the brush was the problem and some hairs were coming out of it, couldnt believe my eyes when all the soapy foam went black, i even dropped a blob on the bathroom mat and its stained it!!i dont know what it is, im thinking some sort of dye cos the brush bristles are black
vampyre (make up brush expert)lol what do you think of this?

Here I be OTR. I use the smashbox kabuki for a body bronzer from last year's lovely Sunset Boulevard collection and it is fine for that, looks even and doesn't shed. I'm not sure is it the same size as the one that comes with halo but I use the #29 for regular halo which is part of the classic red and black range. I have heard complaints of the 'buki but mine has been ok. Personally as I'm not a great girl for bronzer I'd use good old brush #1 or its equivalent in the ultimate range. :64:

I think the little buki brushes which come with these sets are too small IMHO. I would rather use a big no 19 or 29 brush with either halo or halo glow. The little ones are ok to keep in your handbag for touch ups. This could be be why it is a bit dark for you.

Latest posts

Back