Smashbox May TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

. Did you hear her saying that other powders can have a 'talc-ing' effect?! She's just making stuff up! Apart from anything talc has been used in powders for years with no adverse effects, she's just latching on to the whole BE thing of making out that talc is the devil. talc-ing? Whatever.
Tx

It might have no adverse effect physiologically speaking, but (on me at least) it can appear very powdery like I have just dotted clogged up talc on my skin! Perhaps that is what she meant? This is not a problem I have with Halo (or LG B & B for that matter).

I met Nina at the NYNY event and had a long chat with her about Halo. When there was a Halo in a previous TSV I ordered the light, which unfortunately was too dark for me. I thought her skintone was slightly darker than mine and she told me that she the light was too dark for her too, unless she was tanned, and that she usually wears fair most of the time.

Ali said on the show last night that Nina is 'transparent' and from meeting her in real life she is very fair. I like how she's looking with the fair Halo foundation with Halo glow on top so I've ordered the TSV and the Halo in fair as well. I want that 'honeyed' look!!

Nina is lovely by the way, so friendly and helpful, and she gave me a lipgloss palette as a gift too!

Twinklette x

Having just got the recent laura geller tsv I cannot go for this one but the thing I really liked was the Eyeliner and arced brush!!!lol

So if you are thinking of offloading those,bluebell,let me know :)

I use the brush most days and it is excellent - came in a previous TSV.

Do you think the halo bronzing thing is just an expensive fusion?

To a degree, yes & I think that it part of the problem re. the complaints about its 'orangeness'! The fact is, one colour 'does not suit al' & pre-blended, you have less control than you would swirling a brush round either a colour specifically suitable for your skintone or a compact with several colours in it that you can tailor to your own preference?

I think it is just clever marketing and I don't believe the hydrating rubbish they are promoting?

I don't pretend to understand the full technology behind it, though I can follow the basic principle & accept what they are saying is factual to a degree! lol

Is the original halo better and is it hydrating and is it glowy?

I use the original Halo & although I cannot definitely comment on its 'hydrating' properties, I can say that it is certainly not drying, either during wear, on immediate removal or in the morning following its usage!
'Glowy'? Not really, though on me, it does look reasonably natural & 'skin like' but it is more of a foundation base i feel & whilst not 'flat', for true 'glowy' you would need something over the top of it!
Having said that, I do wear it on its own, i.e. no primer or anything & am happy with the finish of it!

According to some of the PR I have been receiving, Halo is now the number one selling product for Smashbox - this is an incredible achievement, when you think of the number of primers they sell.

I haven't tried the Halo Glow - it is a genuine QVC exclusive so we don't have it, so can't comment.

I met Nina at the NYNY event and had a long chat with her about Halo. When there was a Halo in a previous TSV I ordered the light, which unfortunately was too dark for me. I thought her skintone was slightly darker than mine and she told me that she the light was too dark for her too, unless she was tanned, and that she usually wears fair most of the time.

Ali said on the show last night that Nina is 'transparent' and from meeting her in real life she is very fair. I like how she's looking with the fair Halo foundation with Halo glow on top so I've ordered the TSV and the Halo in fair as well. I want that 'honeyed' look!!
Twinklette x

I think QVC need to be a lot clearer when they say which colour of foundation is suitable for who. I am not as pale as Nina but I use fair - light looked dirty on me (too yellow/gold). The problem is they tend to stick the darker colours on the models and claim they are universal shades that will suit all fair/light people - Debbie, for example, could probably use halo fair, rather than light (although maybe light looks better on her in the studio under all the lights) and Amanda, IMO, does not need LG BnB regular unless she is fake tanned! Hope you like your TSV when it arrives.
x

Trouble with QVC is that for some of the foundations / concealers they don't do the 'proper' shades therefore you can't even compare with the Smashbox website.

They do all the colours of Halo though so should be able to give clear guidance (or you can try our sample service :D)

how many sold anyone know??

AY reckoned that they couldn't get the amount of stock that they wanted. So first of all, I wonder, why? And second of all, I wonder, how much?

Cupcake, your username is making me so hungry - I think I might actually have to go and make some cupcakes this afternoon. :19:

I got talked into it even though I had decided I definately didn't want it.......

I already have the halo glow and love it. It gives a nice glow rather than an orangy effect.

I thought the eyeliner looked like a nice colour and I have wanted the brush for ages. And the lip gloss looked nice. So I though it was worth it just for those two bits and having the halo glow as a spare.

I don't believe for a minute that QVC couldn't get the stock they wanted! These TSV's are planned a year in advance and surely based on previous shows they would know how many they need? Of course they are simply ordering fewer so 20 minutes into the launch they can scream that 'statistically, and I don't mean to bore you here with fact and statistics etc' (AY warming to her theme) it'll only last 90 minutes. Therefore they can crow about yet another sell out. I think the days of shifting 30,000 units like they used to with Molton Brown are long gone.

glad it's gone, now i can't be tempted anymore! :1:

tx

Latest posts

Back