Small but Lovely Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The chances of getting anything in rose gold like that are slim, so I'm going for yellow.

Even if they don't, I'm gonna keep the green quartz ring as it looks v cool. :22:

I bought the green quartz ring . I had hoped for a rich tourmaline effect but it was so dark I couldn't get any flashes of green from it, not even under very strong light from behind the stone, so back it went.

When I've seen that morganite shown, it looked to have more colour.

Today I got a blue sapphire ring delivered, (bought on instructions for a gift for a friend of a friend!).... it has 2.23 cts of sapphire in 3gms of gold......though it neither looks, nor feels that much in my hand.... the sapphires, which in the photos look a lovely rich blue are, in fact, black as pitch... the only blue can be seen via a backlight... and I don't know many people with backlit fingers!! If it were for me, it'd be heading right back to Rocks Towers, but chum is delighted, so there you are!
What with rings that photograph well and are 'orrible to rings which are gorgeous in real life but do not show well in any photo..... who said the camera doesn't lie?

Thank goodness we can get these items home to decide then whether to keep them or not. Strangely enough, I don't remember ever having this sort of bother in the "old days" of TV shopping ......or is it that I am, along with the zimmer and the hearing aid, in need of stronger specs???!!!! :33::54:

Sorry to hit this thread so late....

Meeshoo, Love the green quartz ring,one i also own! Its a lovely ring, altho very deep in colour i think it adds to the attraction...something mysterious about deep, dark gemstones. Personally i love the morganite ring, i quite like the paler silvery grey tones as well as the pinky peaches, but if it wont sit in your jewellery box begging to come out and and be worn its best to go home. Enjoy wearing your keeper:1:

Last edited:
I bought the green quartz ring . I had hoped for a rich tourmaline effect but it was so dark I couldn't get any flashes of green from it, not even under very strong light from behind the stone, so back it went.

What a shame Mathilda. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the one I got for Mum really did look like a good quality tourmaline, with strong neon flashes along the long facets.

:doggie:

omg! i adore that green quartz! yum yum... actually yummy enough to make me go look at the website again

What a shame Mathilda. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the one I got for Mum really did look like a good quality tourmaline, with strong neon flashes along the long facets.

:doggie:

That's how I'd describe mine as well M4G. It probably depends on cut and I can imagine it would be much darker if it were cut slightly differently.

Meant to say thank you also for telling me the price you paid for your Mums ring. I am always a little worried when requesting something to be aired because I thought maybe that the price ended up higher but perhaps I'm wrong!

Hi Meesho,if you have doubts about the stone SEND IT BACK,I have kept ones I now wish I hadn't.

Latest posts

Back