Sky Q Active has changed!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well! A few months on I still think it's pants. I hardly ever check the bargain list these days as I got so sick of seeing the same JLo watches everytime...and they're there again today! Back in the days of teletext bargains twice a week there were rapid sell outs and similarly on the old bargain hunter pages before Q Active changed. As a general point I don't know why QVC don't gradually reduce their clearance items weekly until they sell; there are items in Last Clicks for years! :taphead:

But back to QActive (I only see the SKY version so can't comment on other platforms) is anyone warming to it? Does anyone watch the QVC "Style" channel on a regular basis? Do you often watch the plus 1 channels if you've just missed an hour?

A minor bugbear for me is that the video of the current TSV isn't always available when I just want a quick look; it seems to be missing when the TSV hours are on, but I can't always wait for the actual presentation to start and a quick look at the video would be helpful. Also when the TSV video is available it often rambles off into the hot picks presentation for 15 minutes or so. Why don't they edit the clip to only show the TSV and run it in a continuous loop for 24 hours; doesn't seem difficult to do!

Anyone "loving it" (as QVC would say) now they've got used to it?

Jude xx

Well! A few months on I still think it's pants. I hardly ever check the bargain list these days as I got so sick of seeing the same JLo watches everytime...and they're there again today! Back in the days of teletext bargains twice a week there were rapid sell outs and similarly on the old bargain hunter pages before Q Active changed. As a general point I don't know why QVC don't gradually reduce their clearance items weekly until they sell; there are items in Last Clicks for years! :taphead:

But back to QActive (I only see the SKY version so can't comment on other platforms) is anyone warming to it? Does anyone watch the QVC "Style" channel on a regular basis? Do you often watch the plus 1 channels if you've just missed an hour?

A minor bugbear for me is that the video of the current TSV isn't always available when I just want a quick look; it seems to be missing when the TSV hours are on, but I can't always wait for the actual presentation to start and a quick look at the video would be helpful. Also when the TSV video is available it often rambles off into the hot picks presentation for 15 minutes or so. Why don't they edit the clip to only show the TSV and run it in a continuous loop for 24 hours; doesn't seem difficult to do!

Anyone "loving it" (as QVC would say) now they've got used to it?

Jude xx

They do seem to rehash the bargain section on a recurring basis. I agree with the constant appearance of JLo watches, car seat covers, silicone bakeware and an orange and black bracelet. Obviously, they can't get rid. I preferred QVC's active service before they 'improved' it.

I agree. I used to go on there most nights and often picked up some really good bargains in jewellery. I don't have easy access to a computer so I'm not able to use the Last Clicks thing much but when I did go on there to look, the stuff was pretty dire. Looked like things that had been found down behind the shelves in the warehouse. I don't watch the video on there either. When I look at the beauty channel, I just watch it from the Sky EPG. I wish QVC (and other companies) would keep in mind that plenty of us don't/can't have computers or smartphones etc. It seems a shame those people should miss out now.

No. Still hate it. Still don't know what was wrong with the old one. I really miss going through all the brand shops they had on there. Also, they don't seem to have as many Hot Picks these days either. I don't even bother to look at it any more and have now resorted to watching Sky News whilst having my breakfast instead of browsing Q Active.

I do view the +1 now and again and think it is a big improvement on the tiny little screen you used to see. Also occasionally check out the TSV but don't use any other features.

Haven't watched the beauty channel - to be honest I forget about it LOL.

its ****** awful.

I used to like the different sections on it and would often buy things I saw in the different shops on it, now I don't even go into it as it looks as though the other one has been taken down and replaced with something prehistoric

I can't believe anyone watches much of the QVC Style channel; scruffily edited together clips of wall to wall fashion!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back