Skechers TSV 23/10/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have wanted to try Sketchers for a while, however, I don't want this TSV, so I ordered GoWalks online. I have a wide foot and was once told in a shop where my foot was measured, that I was a size 4 EE fitting, which I find difficult to get, so normally I'll buy a size 5, which I have done on the GoWalks so hope they fit ok.

Oh and Debbie Flint (you might still be able to buy my latest on Amazon) yes that DF has just told us viewers that she runs a Facebook page (again for the umpteenth time) haha:mysmilie_13:

I am a size 3.5 - d fitting one foot, e the other! Have tried the go walk 2 style on in stores and size 4 is too big for me. Why is it that many shoe shops don't stock small sizes and also no half sizes!! I believe that Skechers make half sizes and sell them on their website though. Sometimes you can find them in TKMaxx too.

Not many UK retailers stocking this boot style it seems but Amazon are selling them for £65! They had a picture of the chocolate brown so obviously Skechers do that colour but didn't bring it to qvc unfortunately! The style is called the Shelby Ottawa. There is also another Shelby style but it has a tie around lace detail.

It annoys me that shoes are always so much cheaper in the US! £45 is a TSV here but that is the everyday price Skechers sells these for in the US! and quite often there are sites that do 15% off!

If anyone prefers a similar ankle boot style called the Chugga Amazon UK have a few sizes in that for £43.

I am a size 3.5 - d fitting one foot, e the other! Have tried the go walk 2 style on in stores and size 4 is too big for me. Why is it that many shoe shops don't stock small sizes and also no half sizes!! I believe that Skechers make half sizes and sell them on their website though. Sometimes you can find them in TKMaxx too.

Not many UK retailers stocking this boot style it seems but Amazon are selling them for £65! They had a picture of the chocolate brown so obviously Skechers do that colour but didn't bring it to qvc unfortunately! The style is called the Shelby Ottawa. There is also another Shelby style but it has a tie around lace detail.

It annoys me that shoes are always so much cheaper in the US! £45 is a TSV here but that is the everyday price Skechers sells these for in the US! and quite often there are sites that do 15% off!

If anyone prefers a similar ankle boot style called the Chugga Amazon UK have a few sizes in that for £43.

Totally agree about the small sizes, I know in Clarks its rarer than hen's teeth to find a size 3/36(actually size 36 is really a 3 and half, 35.5 is a true size 3), if you are lucky they can order and get them in for you. No good if you want make up your mind about the style though.

Sketchers, a friend wears them and takes a size 5 so is okay, but she told me Amazon sell the 35.5. But the style I wanted the suede ones does not come in that size.

I was tempted by the blue but the sole looks as if it might be a bit slippy, and not as good as the Clarks sole when they compared them side by side. £40 to QVC still isn't the £30 I paid for Clarks Nettle leaf a couple of years ago on their sale instore. I can well recommend the Nettle Leaf for comfort and warmth, by the way.

Apparently, according to the guest - I'm sure this is a surprise to us all - chestnut is the colour of the season! I would say it is a stable colour, as all the main brands - Ugg and Emu - do their boots in chestnut, and started the ranges in this colour. I don't wear suede/leather, for ethical reasons but, if I did, I would trust the aforementioned brands to source the pelt more responsibly. Brands which are cheaper, ans skechers, which sell in sportsdirect.com at bargain prices, have no qualms about how they obtain the skins. Even fake skins are questionable. Why do the guests / presenters always treat the customers like ignoramuses? Also, how can they justify the price of Emu boots, when they are trying to persuade us to buy a cheaper version? Obviously, Emus are not 4x the price for no reason. If you would like a pair of Emus, but either cannot afford or are not prepared to pay the price, the tsv is an alternative, and this is how the presenter should sell them.

Latest posts

Back