Skechers - anyone tried them?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL - same old story. The manufacturer paid for the study. Extract from above Forbes article:

"The FTC alleges that this study did not produce the results claimed in the ad, that Skechers failed to disclose that Dr. Gautreau is married to a Skechers marketing executive, and that Skechers paid Dr. Gautreau to conduct the study."

I'm jealous as I wanted to order these but went beauty-mad last weekend and cannot spend anymore on QVC unless it is an absolute emergency, e.g. 12 easypays on a £10 item...

Do please let us know what you think of these when you get your feet in them!

Hi, speckledhen,:happy: I find them comfortable and I like the fact that they have a bit of a heel, but they are too large on my feet, I don't mind if they are a bit "long", but these are longer and wider on my feet. I ordered a size 5 (I take a size 4 1/2 to 5) and received an 8 ,:sad: which I think is American sizing, which is size 5 1/2 UK size. QVC gave no warning that they were American sizes. I would not have ordered them if I knew they were size 5 1/2 . I have only tried them on my bedroom floor (carpeted) I will try them properly before I make my mind:thinking:

Hi, speckledhen,:happy: I find them comfortable and I like the fact that they have a bit of a heel, but they are too large on my feet, I don't mind if they are a bit "long", but these are longer and wider on my feet. I ordered a size 5 (I take a size 4 1/2 to 5) and received an 8 ,:sad: which I think is American sizing, which is size 5 1/2 UK size. QVC gave no warning that they were American sizes. I would not have ordered them if I knew they were size 5 1/2 . I have only tried them on my bedroom floor (carpeted) I will try them properly before I make my mind:thinking:

I think I'm going to see if I can find any at TK Max, or the Outlet stores to try before I buy. Its so disappointing when you get a pair of shoes delivered and have to send them back, not to mention expensive.

Speckledhen, I thought I must tell you this.
I had decided to keep them I had a hair trim appointment 2 weeks ago and seeing it was a glorious sunny day, I thought I will wear my new sandals , so I took them out of the box and slipped them on and was ready to go downstairs, did not even reach the landing, when....HORROR!! the strap SNAPPED!! I have tried to show where in the image below.

33tl0uv.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/33tl0uv.jpg

I really was horrified! It could have happened as I was walking down the steps, and that could have been nasty! It could have happened in town, that would have been embarrassing!
I rang Customer Care, a pleasant young man apologised, and sent me a prepaid sticker and he asked if I wanted to re order , I of course said , no thanks, (I would not feel safe in them again! ) I was really shaken !!I have insisted that on return the product and a complaint is sent to the company's quality control dept .
So altogether, I have only tried them to take about 4 steps and it was the only time I actually walked in them!!
I hope this is just one off and none of the others who bought them suffered in any manner.

:doh: 57 reviews and only 4 of them happy and all of them complaining about the sizing and 9 (including me) , the strap had snapped! Some of the customers had gone on holiday taking these sandals (hope they were OK )How many reviews had QVC not posted? Even QVC must take some action after all these complaints.
Another lady wrote that her sandal strap snapped whilst she was on the stairs too:whew: Good that neither of us broke our necks:sweat:

its a shame isn't it...I only read the reviews the other day thats why they are quite fresh in my mind.I really liked them at the time and often try to read the reviews of things I've passed on.I came across these reviews while looking at the birkenstocks.

The same thing happened to whilst I was away in Spain. Thankfully I was only walking on the patio. I'm not happy!

I emailed customer services and they sent me the reply label out. However I returned the shoes almost ten days ago and haven't heard back or received my refund.

Personally I think this is another example of items made for a TSV being of inferior quality. I have a pair of Skechers trainers that I paid a lot for at their store and they are fantastic.

I ordered my first pair from QVC & have worn them nearly every day ( I am retired!!) they are light weight & comfortable.I would like another pair for Autumn but as I have a S store within 20 mins of my home I will go there & try on.

Not interested in the Fitflop knockoffs, but the bog-standard lace-up trainers are really comfy. They were my go-to shoes when my plantar fasciitis played up before I discovered Fitflops.

Speckledhen, I thought I must tell you this.
I had decided to keep them I had a hair trim appointment 2 weeks ago and seeing it was a glorious sunny day, I thought I will wear my new sandals , so I took them out of the box and slipped them on and was ready to go downstairs, did not even reach the landing, when....HORROR!! the strap SNAPPED!! I have tried to show where in the image below.

33tl0uv.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/33tl0uv.jpg

I really was horrified! It could have happened as I was walking down the steps, and that could have been nasty! It could have happened in town, that would have been embarrassing!
I rang Customer Care, a pleasant young man apologised, and sent me a prepaid sticker and he asked if I wanted to re order , I of course said , no thanks, (I would not feel safe in them again! ) I was really shaken !!I have insisted that on return the product and a complaint is sent to the company's quality control dept .
So altogether, I have only tried them to take about 4 steps and it was the only time I actually walked in them!!
I hope this is just one off and none of the others who bought them suffered in any manner.

good grief. that's a very wide part of the strap to snap!

see, i just don't have any patience with footwear you have to go up a size, down a size, correct size is ok but slops, you have to break in, that break! (see all the birkenstock, emu threads) and also pay a fortune for the pleasure!

i've bought shoes for £1.99 in primark, i haven't had problems like that with!

its a shame isn't it...I only read the reviews the other day thats why they are quite fresh in my mind.I really liked them at the time and often try to read the reviews of things I've passed on.I came across these reviews while looking at the birkenstocks.
I was very shaken, rainbowdottie, I had fallen down the stairs once,many years ago and as anyone who has had that experience will know how dreadful that feeling is, so that strap snapping so close to the stairs, really frightened me, you don't expect anything like that on something very new, do you?

good grief. that's a very wide part of the strap to snap!

see, i just don't have any patience with footwear you have to go up a size, down a size, correct size is ok but slops, you have to break in, that break! (see all the birkenstock, emu threads) and also pay a fortune for the pleasure!

i've bought shoes for £1.99 in primark, i haven't had problems like that with!

As I have posted to rainbowdottie, I was shaking for a while, I don't think any of us, all the 10 of us should ave been subjected to any of what we had gone through. I know QVC did not plan to do so, but they have an obligation to ensure that the products they sell, have a certain amount of credibility.
I did write on my return form that QVC should send my sandal back to Sketches quality control dept. I don't think QVC might have done , because I did not have any feedback on whether they will look into it.

The same thing happened to whilst I was away in Spain. Thankfully I was only walking on the patio. I'm not happy!

I emailed customer services and they sent me the reply label out. However I returned the shoes almost ten days ago and haven't heard back or received my refund.

Personally I think this is another example of items made for a TSV being of inferior quality. I have a pair of Skechers trainers that I paid a lot for at their store and they are fantastic.
I think QVC owes us an apology,PBE:nod:. There were 2 of the customers, one had to buy new footwear, and the other had to walk back bare feet.:doh:

I doubt they are interested, however I have tried to submit a 1 star review but it hasnt been posted - maybe becasue I was too eager with my initial 5 star one!

I have contacted QVC this week to chase up my refund and guess what ? Royal Mail have lost the parcel!!! Luckily I sent it by Special Delivery so I can make a claim on Royal Mail. This is the first time that I have had a return go missing - wish I had used their postage paid label now and not paid Special Delivery.

Seriously having a bad day.

I doubt they are interested, however I have tried to submit a 1 star review but it hasnt been posted - maybe becasue I was too eager with my initial 5 star one!

I have contacted QVC this week to chase up my refund and guess what ? Royal Mail have lost the parcel!!! Luckily I sent it by Special Delivery so I can make a claim on Royal Mail. This is the first time that I have had a return go missing - wish I had used their postage paid label now and not paid Special Delivery.

Seriously having a bad day.

Sorry you are having a bad day, PEBE
2vbv338.gif
I always get the slip stamped at the PO. I have had the "have not received" answer a couple of times, and had the trouble to get someone photocopy the slips and post them(extra expense )

Once I had item returned with recorded delivery and when I got the "have not received" reply, I made it known I was not happy with their service and said it was returned with recorded delivery. I got a reply within 15 mins to say they had received it alright .

Most of the Customer Service personnel are super but occasionally you get the odd one who is high and mighty...like the one who asked ME to get the earrings to a jeweller and send proof that it was not pure silver (I get bad allergy reaction if I wear anything that is not gold or silver jewellery )They were Honora pearl studs with "silver" fittings, they made my ear lobes react very badly. Honora jewellery are made in China, and the Chinese do take short cuts occasionally and if you are unfortunate as I was, will suffer.
When my Honora pearl necklace broke, they told me they cannot help me because it was over a year, and suggested I contacted Ralph(this time the customer service was nice really). I could not be bothered, so I have still got them:doh:
Stay firm, PEBE, after all you are the customer:muscle:

Latest posts

Back