Skechers - anyone tried them?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for your post caretodiffer, appreciated. I have now had an email from QVC asking for my proof of postage so that they can give me a refund. I am happy about this, at least I will have my money back without the hassle of claiming from Royal Mail. Fingers crossed it will get sorted this week.:happy:

Thanks for your post caretodiffer, appreciated. I have now had an email from QVC asking for my proof of postage so that they can give me a refund. I am happy about this, at least I will have my money back without the hassle of claiming from Royal Mail. Fingers crossed it will get sorted this week.:happy:
So pleased for you :happy:
I always remember a senior colleague telling me" The trouble with the British is that we do not complain enough, we put up with poor service" I had to agree with him, many times, I could not be bothered to complain and has been on the losing end. When I used to take the public transport, how many times have I kept quiet if I have been short changed, I used to think, it is only a few pence, how many times I have not bothered to check my shopping bill.
Then I taught my self into thinking" If I was short of 2-5 pence, will the driver/conductor let me on the bus? If I was short of a few pence , would the shopkeeper allow me to buy that item?"
I have saved many pounds by checking wrong pricing in shops/supermarkets.
And the feeling of achievement is great:happy:

On the subject of the faulty sandals, just watching the Sketchers presentation (11 am).. QVC is still flogging those sandals. Any reputable firm/company would have returned the remaining goods back to the company as faulty products after a few complaints. ...(QVC has had many complaints on this particular product)
Are they waiting for someone to fall down and break their necks before they take any action:doh:

Last edited:
They had loads of the Skechers in the Fitflop style with big jewels on the front in the Birchwood outlet shop on Monday and were selling them as a special offer for £7.99, were these faulty ones I wonder?

They had loads of the Skechers in the Fitflop style with big jewels on the front in the Birchwood outlet shop on Monday and were selling them as a special offer for £7.99, were these faulty ones I wonder?
They will be the ones the customers had returned because of complaints of being uncomfortable or they were larger than advertised I think, Starlight, because the faulty ones cannot be worn or sold because they completely snapped off the sandals.

Loads in the Shrewsbury outlet as well a couple of weeks ago.
Looked a bit cheap and nasty. Disppointing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not interested in the Fitflop knockoffs, but the bog-standard lace-up trainers are really comfy. They were my go-to shoes when my plantar fasciitis played up before I discovered Fitflops.

alter ego - I have just come down with plantar fascitis and the doctor told me yesterday to wear cushioned heel beds. I wear birkenstocks all the time which are hard, so am now on the look out for suitable foot wear. From your post I assume that Sketchers have a cushioned sole - would love to know your experience with what worked best for you as I am suffering currently - I never knew pf could be so agonisingly painful!

alter ego - I have just come down with plantar fascitis and the doctor told me yesterday to wear cushioned heel beds. I wear birkenstocks all the time which are hard, so am now on the look out for suitable foot wear. From your post I assume that Sketchers have a cushioned sole - would love to know your experience with what worked best for you as I am suffering currently - I never knew pf could be so agonisingly painful!

Buy the real Fitflops. Visit http://www.fitflop.com/fun/testimonials/scat/testimonials/.

Many people buy Fitflops because of PF and find them a godsend. I suffered a lot with Achilles Tendonitis before being diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome (an autoimmue disease that affects connective tissues) and wearing Fitflops was the only way I could walk without excruciating pain. I still wear them, owning nearly 10 pairs now. Most comfy sandals I've ever worn and I buy the jazzy ones with crystals and jewel to indulge my inner princess!

Buy a pair and give them a try - there are plenty of sites where you can buy sale Fitflops. Be wary of Ebay as there are lots of knock-offs on there. Many brands have brought out their own versions, but they are not a patch on the real deal imvho.

Thankyou flamenco, very helpful. I will hit the high street later in the week and buy some I think as they sound just what I need.
This is what I love about this forum, I learn so much!!

Was looking at these shoes as i thought they might be comfortable for work, but after reading and
enjoying all the comments i decided not to. But i was tempted to buy 103344 which would
definately not be suitable for work, in fact if i went to work with them on the girls would think
i"d gone crazy he he could be right youre saying

FLAMENCO , wish it was in sparkles, he he. Took your advice and ordered myself a proper pair of Fit flops, for my holidays as they look so comfy, and
hopefully they are. Had trouble getting a pair with no toe posts as i dont like them, or my legs bare, shudder shudder, but got one in the end so will
let you know how i get on with them. Thanks :bow:

FLAMENCO , wish it was in sparkles, he he. Took your advice and ordered myself a proper pair of Fit flops, for my holidays as they look so comfy, and
hopefully they are. Had trouble getting a pair with no toe posts as i dont like them, or my legs bare, shudder shudder, but got one in the end so will
let you know how i get on with them. Thanks :bow:

The toe posts are extremely comfortable on Fitflops, I've never had any rubbing ever. Anyway, hope you enjoy your first pair of FF's. Your feet will thank you for them!

it's the toe posts that always put me off fitflops so well done SP for tracking some down. i think it depends on your feet whether you can wear them. some people have a big gap between their toes. mine are kinda small and close together so toe posts always rub.

I just hate bare white legs, which mine are, as i never have enough patience to get them brown, or put fake tan on, so they stay white.
Not a pretty sight, so i finally found a pair that look nice and have a few sparkles on them he he Like being called SB

I adore Fit flops and when I am not in the office I live in mine at home. The toe posty ones for summer or in the house and Ugg- style boots in the winter. The boots are a bit pricey but you can get fantastic prices on the toe post ones in a variety of styles if you shop around. My mum found my current pair in Makkro (sp)and gave me them for my birthday.

Posting late I know. Daughter woke with a bad dream. Bless.

I have two pairs of the FitFlop trainers and I love them for work - one pair in red and one in metallic. I'm on my feet most of the day and they really help keep backaches at bay, I'd definitely recommend them.

What Flamenco said. I always Google the style I'm looking for 'cos the prices vary so much. Having said that, I know how painful PF is (both heels, 15 years) and it's hell. The relief with FFs is enormous - just get out there and get a pair, be damned with the cost. You can always bargain hunt for your subsequent pairs (you deffo won't stop at one pair!).

Latest posts

Back