Simple Simon's Perfect Pies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was just about to start a thread about these pies.

Has anyone tried them and are they the same company as the real pie club?

Not tried them and not likely to at an average price(p&p included ) at £6 per pie!

I think they look lovely but the reviews are poor for lots of the products and of course the price is :sad: but about the same as the Farmers Market here in the expensive South! :giggle:

Btw I am watching QVC for the 1st time on a HD tv.......the Scottish lady presenting the pies looks like she has wonderful skin......maybe she come back and flog whatever skincare she uses :up:

I think they look lovely but the reviews are poor for lots of the products and of course the price is :sad: but about the same as the Farmers Market here in the expensive South! :giggle:

Btw I am watching QVC for the 1st time on a HD tv.......the Scottish lady presenting the pies looks like she has wonderful skin......maybe she come back and flog whatever skincare she uses :up:

Did not know that QVC was broadcasting HD - what channel number is that? I have a HD ready TV and I watch channel 16 on freeview which is poor quality I think and on my freesat it is 800 which is a bit better but not HD quality.

I don't eat meat, so can't comment on those, but have eaten several of the fish and vegetarian options. They are really delicious. If you cook them on a rack above the baking tray, the excess fats come out of the pastry, leaving them lovely and light. They are filling too. I usually have a bit of salad or some greens with one, so the price per meal is reasonable enough. And, if you were having a couple of veggies on the side, you could certainly get away with serving half a pie per person.

much cheaper on their own website and sold individually.
Although I started off buying them from Q I now order direct from Simple Simon's website http://www.simplesimonspies.co.uk/menu_pies.htm#dw too because you can choose your own individual selection with only one p&p of £7.95 which is excellent value plus you know exactly when they will be despatched. Holly is the lady who seems to answer all their emails and she is extremely efficient and helpful. I have tried most in this range, meat and fish, and all have been delicious and I agree with Nikki that the fishy ones are especially fab but cooking them on a rack is essential to drain the pastry which leaves it lovely and crisp. The pies all freeze very well too. I have ordered the chicken curries from Q this time as they are not yet available on Simple Simon's site and I'm looking forward to sampling them when they are despatched next month.

I've often wondered, how on earth does the 30 day MBG work for food?

I can answer this one :talking: I phoned QVC CS before ordering a christmas meat parcel and I said "how do you send it back if you've eaten it, and, if you don't like it, you can't send back half eaten food as it would be maggots by the time it was returned to QVC. Well, she said that's OK, BUT you must send back all the original packaging to get the refund (hoping maybe that the packaging might have been chucked). "Even if it's empty of food?" says I. "Yes". So there you are. You can buy a meat parcel, try it all and if you didn't like any of it then within the 30 days send all the packets back and you will be refunded. I think that's the same for cakes, diet chef and all the other stuff.

I can answer this one :talking: I phoned QVC CS before ordering a christmas meat parcel and I said "how do you send it back if you've eaten it, and, if you don't like it, you can't send back half eaten food as it would be maggots by the time it was returned to QVC. Well, she said that's OK, BUT you must send back all the original packaging to get the refund (hoping maybe that the packaging might have been chucked). "Even if it's empty of food?" says I. "Yes". So there you are. You can buy a meat parcel, try it all and if you didn't like any of it then within the 30 days send all the packets back and you will be refunded. I think that's the same for cakes, diet chef and all the other stuff.

Crikey! An unscrupulous person could eat for free!

Hi,

Waitrose do this.

I have taken back an empty pie box, and said we didn't like it, and got my money back.

Actually, thinking about it, I did it at Tescos once as well.

So maybe its one of these things that supermarkets do that isnt advertised much?

Cheers,
karen

Latest posts

Back