Simon Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know some presenters 'bounce off' each other and are good working together, bizarrely for some reason Simon Mcdonald and Jilly Halliday seem to work well together. I know Julie and Simon are normally inseparable with regards to these shows, with JR even been known to come in on her days off to present the shows, so whilst I find it a bit to 'Hollywood' (smoochy), I am honestly surprised that she has not presented one of these shows, she must be taking a holiday as she doesn't normally miss presenting one of them, they have the 'usual model' though. Lola Rose always has the same model as well, I wonder if it costs more to the presenters to have a 'named model'?

Ali works for him away from Q and they are also friends.

Ali works for him away from Q and they are also friends.

Yes, Ali has done every one of the B&W shows since I started watching in 2009 except when she was on maternity leave. She's incredibly slim, which means she can fit into the vintage clothing (which has been featured on some of the B&W shows - not for sale but as a foil for the higher-end jewellery shows).

I definitely get the impression that Catherine, who models for Lola Rose, is a friend of Nicki outside of working on QVC. Then there used to be the lady who modelled Honora Pearls - Ross Conway's daughter - dark-haired... Natasha?? Some brands specify models they prefer to use - so you see the regular faces (and bodies) for those shows.

I saw him once with Debbie Flint and he was really quite rude to her (he gets my vote just for that).
I'm watching one of his shows for the first time in months and I don't think he looks well - has he lost weight in his face ? His voice doesn't sound as strong.

Probably my memory playing tricks. I prefer him with Julia - a real 'luvvie dahlng' double act.

He doesn't look so great but don't forget that he was ill last year. I'm sure he had treatment for some form of cancer. He's also not a teenager and has just returned from some big jewellery event in the far east and did say that he was exhausted. And IMO, Chloe was not good with him. I don't like her presenting at all - she somehow manages to make everything she presents seem classless and tacky. Although, having said that, it could just be his products! I used to like B&W and have pieces from years ago that are lovely and have been, and still are, worn regularly. His new stuff is a bit gaudy and I can't help but worry the stones are going to drop out.

And I think lots of them request their models - Tova has the same model (Debbie I think?) and Decleor like to have Tanya.

I can't help but wonder if QVC have stepped in and stopped the presenters from making it so obvious that they get given freebies and what-not from some of the guests. It used to be a big thing with Julia. I suspect they got wind that we, the viewers, aren't always happy about these antics.

I know some presenters 'bounce off' each other and are good working together, bizarrely for some reason Simon Mcdonald and Jilly Halliday seem to work well together. I know Julie and Simon are normally inseparable with regards to these shows, with JR even been known to come in on her days off to present the shows, so whilst I find it a bit to 'Hollywood' (smoochy), I am honestly surprised that she has not presented one of these shows, she must be taking a holiday as she doesn't normally miss presenting one of them, they have the 'usual model' though. Lola Rose always has the same model as well, I wonder if it costs more to the presenters to have a 'named model'?
Julia said last week that she is going on holiday to celebrate her 60th Birthday and will be back in 3 weeks.

Thought it was Nicky Butler. Believe he lives and works in LA.

I have quite a few Nick Butler pieces from HSN: real gems set in Sterling Silver, similar to the Gems of India range QVC used to sell. How I wish we could swap Simon for Nicky! Like an exchange programme.

I've seen pieces of the old Butler & Wilson jewellery at Antique & Vintage Fairs, and they seem to command good prices. The older stuff definitely looks more classy than the new stuff, IMO (I think Princess Diana was a fan of B & W jewellery, too, I remember reading it).

He doesn't look so great but don't forget that he was ill last year. I'm sure he had treatment for some form of cancer. He's also not a teenager and has just returned from some big jewellery event in the far east and did say that he was exhausted. And IMO, Chloe was not good with him. I don't like her presenting at all - she somehow manages to make everything she presents seem classless and tacky. Although, having said that, it could just be his products! I used to like B&W and have pieces from years ago that are lovely and have been, and still are, worn regularly. His new stuff is a bit gaudy and I can't help but worry the stones are going to drop out.

And I think lots of them request their models - Tova has the same model (Debbie I think?) and Decleor like to have Tanya.

I can't help but wonder if QVC have stepped in and stopped the presenters from making it so obvious that they get given freebies and what-not from some of the guests. It used to be a big thing with Julia. I suspect they got wind that we, the viewers, aren't always happy about these antics.

I've seen pieces of the old Butler & Wilson jewellery at Antique & Vintage Fairs, and they seem to command good prices. The older stuff definitely looks more classy than the new stuff, IMO (I think Princess Diana was a fan of B & W jewellery, too, I remember reading it).

Yes the spiders,champagne glass,dancing couple etc were a lot classier. He used to use antique swarowski crystals he used to get from some antique market in London.

It used to be so obvious that she was after stuff.

I cringed at the close-up of one of the necklaces yesterday. The halo stones were all over the place. It was really obvious. I'm surprised they didn't find a better one to show.

I cringed at the close-up of one of the necklaces yesterday. The halo stones were all over the place. It was really obvious. I'm surprised they didn't find a better one to show.

I frequently find myself cringeing... pulled seams on clothing, visible grease stains and other marks on the clothes. Grungy feet and toenails on show in shoe shows, and filthy soles on beauty couches. Presenters dressing in the dark (esp. Debbie) and putting on makeup in the dark (esp. Ali Young). Jewellery that doesn't bear close inspection (wonky settings, non-matching stones)... I could go on, but I won't.

I frequently find myself cringeing... pulled seams on clothing, visible grease stains and other marks on the clothes. Grungy feet and toenails on show in shoe shows, and filthy soles on beauty couches. Presenters dressing in the dark (esp. Debbie) and putting on makeup in the dark (esp. Ali Young). Jewellery that doesn't bear close inspection (wonky settings, non-matching stones)... I could go on, but I won't.

One way of ensuring fewer returns if they show duds, you know what you are going to get. Either that or B&W are maaaaaaarvellous daaaaaahling no matter what.

Oh I've laughed so much at this, made my day!

He always looks like someone`s dug him up especially for the show. Sorry but it reminds me of the festival some far flung foreign village has each year when they resurrect their dead relatives, dress them in new clothes and parade them around the village before they put them back in their tombs until the following year.

Nicky and Simon were partners for many years, starting out as antique dealers. There was a parting of the ways, but Simon retained the name of B & W. Yes, the jewellery of the early years, AND before QVC was on the scene, the quality was supreme - probably due in part to the smaller manufacturing numbers, hence the higher prices being asked at antique markets. Agreed, that the early QVC days, his jewellery was more Hollywood and less 'playground' - I still have some fab chandelier CLIP-ON earrings, unheard of now, - but now to accommodate the numbers that QVC want, the quality and style have taken a hit, I mean, who wants a ****** crystal rabbit/chicken ring ???

I have some of the first things BW did on QVC and they are quality. The last thing I bought was years ago, a necklace that the string broke just outside 30 day MBG. BW wanted £26 to re-string it plus postage. Not happy. Bought nothing since.

CC

He always looks like someone`s dug him up especially for the show. Sorry but it reminds me of the festival some far flung foreign village has each year when they resurrect their dead relatives, dress them in new clothes and parade them around the village before they put them back in their tombs until the following year.

:mysmilie_466::mysmilie_466: Vienna.

I've never heard this before !!! where is this ?

I know of the Victorian practice of photographing the deceased as if they were still alive, standing propped up, sitting with other relatives all dressed up etc.
I know it was because it would be the only photo they would have of the person, as photography was very expensive at that time, but it still seems so awful to me.

:mysmilie_466::mysmilie_466: Vienna.

I've never heard this before !!! where is this ?

I know of the Victorian practice of photographing the deceased as if they were still alive, standing propped up, sitting with other relatives all dressed up etc.
I know it was because it would be the only photo they would have of the person, as photography was very expensive at that time, but it still seems so awful to me.

Here you go, especially for you lol
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ritual-Ceremony-Cleaning-Corpses-MaiNene.html

Latest posts

Back