Simon the Impossible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MaryMary

Registered Shopper
....up to his usual tricks, talking over the presenter, rude attitude and patronising. So dreadful ! He isn’t camp and funny as he likes to think he is, but is a terrible ‘expert’ and downright embarrassing. I cringe watching. His cheap and tacky stuff must sell or he wouldn’t be on QVC, but for goodness sake, I would never buy anything because of him!

I’m in a trance and feeling extra rough so I put QVC on in the background...
Hadn’t seen a B&W show for a long time and not a fan of him or his gaudy/tacky jewellery but quite nice to look at on screen (the jewellery not Simon!)

But totally agree, he’s such a pain in the arse!

I think Katherine is doing a great job of managing/humouring him! She is a bit giddy when I’ve seen her on fashion shows but I like her on this...

Simon has given her a couple of compliments but also some back-handed ones!!

He also lectured her/us on “what it means“ to be celebrating his 26th anniversary...

And then they showed photo of him and Julia Roberts from years back which I’ve seen multiple times despite hardly watching!

Sorry, rant over ;)

I’m in a trance and feeling extra rough so I put QVC on in the background...
Hadn’t seen a B&W show for a long time and not a fan of him or his gaudy/tacky jewellery but quite nice to look at on screen (the jewellery not Simon!)
I’m afraid I’m temporarily suffering from a total lack of taste and judgement.
I saw this on the website and loved it in the gunmetal. Then watched the presentation and realised it was 3D’ish and loved it even more.
Blame my love of Jurassic Park (which I’ve just started to listen to on Audible)
I won’t be buying it,you may relieved to hear, as I can think of nowhere, where I’d actually wear it.

He constantly reminds us that his 30th anniversary was spent in the Natural History Museum - I'm surprised they didn't capture and stuff him right there and then !!! His 40th was all fireworks and sequins somewhere else, and for his 50th he'll be lucky to have the QVC studios.
And what about the Regent Street Christmas lights he designed in the year dot ? He won't let us forget it. The same with Julia and her constant reminders of her days on The Price is Right

I saw this on the website and loved it in the gunmetal. Then watched the presentation and realised it was 3D’ish and loved it even more.
Blame my love of Jurassic Park (which I’ve just started to listen to on Audible)
I won’t be buying it,you may relieved to hear, as I can think of nowhere, where I’d actually wear it.
The dragons are particularly ugly, but he tells us that it took so much time to get the design 'right'.

It just goes to show, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My thoughts on the dinosaur necklace were immediately: how would I get a coat or a cardi over it without damaging them (coat and cardi, that is).

But that's just me, so I'm not one to judge. Since when did that stop me, though?

I think it looks amazing...but could you imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear? It's enormous, and Crystal's right, you'd be hard pushed to get your coat over it...and think of all the people who'd be coming up right in your face to fiddle with it!!!!
It's a stunning piece of jewellery, but far too big to be practical. Strictly red carpet/fashion shoot!
Personally I'm not a fan of statement jewellery, but I do appreciate how stunning this looks and the work that's gone into it, and for a change, I think it looks worth the high price. I can't stand the feeling of big heavy stuff around my neck and decollate, and the metal must feel hideously cold when you put it on!

All this kind of stuff can be bought at a fraction of the price on Chinese web sites. I’ve seen the dancing couple brooch and the champagne glass brooch, and all the other tat for a few pounds (with free postage!) I bought a couple of pretty little brooches, one an open umbrella, and one a basket of flowers for a couple of pounds. Also Kipling type bags, monkeys, and Pandora type bracelets and charms.This was a few years ago, as I will no longer buy from China, but it just shows how dirt cheap these things cost to produce.

I think it looks amazing...but could you imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear? It's enormous, and Crystal's right, you'd be hard pushed to get your coat over it...and think of all the people who'd be coming up right in your face to fiddle with it!!!!
It's a stunning piece of jewellery, but far too big to be practical. Strictly red carpet/fashion shoot!
Personally I'm not a fan of statement jewellery, but I do appreciate how stunning this looks and the work that's gone into it, and for a change, I think it looks worth the high price. I can't stand the feeling of big heavy stuff around my neck and decollate, and the metal must feel hideously cold when you put it on!
Having said that there is nowhere I would wear it, OH has pointed out that I could bedeck myself in it when I next play poker. Says it would distract the other players and take their minds of their cards. 😁

Youngest grandson loves T Rexes, is that even a word? When we used to look after him I bought a pair of T Rex earrings to make him laugh. But they are only about 1/2 " and brass colour. Although I must confess that my favourite dinosaur is a brontosaurus, actually I don't think that they are called that anymore, and I did treat myself to the earrings but at about £2 they didn't break the bank.

Oh sorry, please don’t be offended by my opinion!
I do find a lot of it tacky and gaudy but there’s the occasional piece I like and quite like things with enamel work on..

But I can see how cleverly constructed the dinosaur necklace is and if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks!

As for nowhere to wear it, after many many years of being housebound, I sometimes think “sod it” and where dress up clothes or jewellery around the house for no reason - other than I enjoy it and it makes me feel better for a bit! X

I do find a lot of it tacky and gaudy but there’s the occasional piece I like and quite like things with enamel work on..

But I can see how cleverly constructed the dinosaur necklace is and if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks!

As for nowhere to wear it, after many many years of being housebound, I sometimes think “sod it” and where dress up clothes or jewellery around the house for no reason - other than I enjoy it and it makes me feel better for a bit! X
I totally agree & wear a tiara when I'm doing the housework 👸

Here's an idea for you, Simon, and one that will fit in with your "shocking" themes (ie themes that shock) - a Gorgon's Head pendant/necklace and earrings modelled on one of the QVC sales people. You always find loads of inspiration here!

:devilish:

I have two of the little Fairy Pins they did years back. Only things I every liked from B&W otherwise I have no interest. I wish they would bring the pins back, dainty and very wearable on a coat. I was once asked if it was an angel roller skating. Nearly PMSL

Not offended in the slightest. 😁 I also find most of his stuff tacky looking, including the gold tone version of T Rex.
The only B & W item I’ve ever bought was a large leopard bag yonks ago.
When I got bored with it I sold it on eBay for a decent return.

I don’t dress up in fancy clothes or jewellery around the house, but I do drape little worn necklaces, scarves etc over lamps and picture frames on occasion. When I couldn’t find and curtain tie backs suitable for some lightweight drapes once, I bought 2 cheap bead necklaces and used those.
If I had a single curtain needing tying back i’d buy Mr Dinosaur for that….☺️

Latest posts

Back