Simon Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching the 3pm show with SB and Catherine and really enjoying it. He is very knowledgeable and practical and has a great presenting/selling technique. Poor old Catherine - he's just brought out the most scrummy looking trifle from under the counter and her face was a picture - a really genuine look of pleasure, bless her.

Linda xx

I like him too and it is good the show now includes his name. It did make me laugh thought that when he was showing those mini pans he did the usually "scratchproof with metal utensils act" and you could clearly see loads of scrathes where he has just smacked it - the camera cut away quickly and then I was watching him closely hold the offending pan in such a way that you couldn't see the inside - tut tut!

I like him too and it is good the show now includes his name. It did make me laugh thought that when he was showing those mini pans he did the usually "scratchproof with metal utensils act" and you could clearly see loads of scrathes where he has just smacked it - the camera cut away quickly and then I was watching him closely hold the offending pan in such a way that you couldn't see the inside - tut tut!

A lot of this goes on. I saw him take some "perfectly cooked" scrambled egg out of the microwave and when he stirred it around, you could see a pile of runny egg still! Also, a pie was "a really good bake" but looked underdone to me. Don't think Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood would have been impressed ;).

Oh, and I did laugh when Catherine said she was delighted to see her favourite Lock 'n' Lock in the show, only to realise too late that they were in fact Prepology. You could hear the laugh in her voice as she was doing the preview.

Apart from that, it was a good show :mysmilie_483:

I can't stand him. Far too much up his own a*se for me. Bring back Malcolm Harradine.

yeah cos we all want to see malcolm making what he passed for canapes in a silicon ice cube tray. everything he did was messy. low-end, cack-handed and naff.. good riddance to malc!

I've always had a soft spot for Simon, he comes across as friendly and not at all patronising. He can come and cook for me anyday!

For as good as Simon is, I have one question for everyone

Have you managed to get crispy crackling on a joint of pork roasting it at Gas Mark 3 or 160C???

Cos that is what Simon took out of the oven earlier on today. He's also taken out cakes...anyone know of a cake that bakes at that temperature (except rich fruit cake)

According to him and the website, the temperature this item can be used at in the oven is only 160C...very disappointing after all the demos.

I thought he was looking ill and gaunt today, he seems to have lost quite a bit of weight...he needs to eat some of his own cooking. I do like him though.

i like simon comes across knowledgable and seems a lovley guy does anyone know if he used to do any cookery shows on tv because i get this sense of having seen him somewhere before and it bugs me lol

If I remember right Simon used to be on Shop, imo the best ever shopping channel.....I think Simon is ACE, but I have to agree he had some little mishaps yesterday.....

oh that must be where i saw him yeah not his best yesterday maybe catherine with her ipad put him off i know it did me her glancing down at it every few seconds

OMG! that's kinda shattered my illusion a bit - I thought he was a proper cook type person not just a slick salesman. I am now worried that I am the most gullible person on the planet!!!

OMG! that's kinda shattered my illusion a bit - I thought he was a proper cook type person not just a slick salesman. I am now worried that I am the most gullible person on the planet!!!

Nope, I'd thought the same till we had a similar discussion a while back. They were, however, introducing him yesterday as a Home Economist, which does kind of imply he has some professional cookery type thing going on, which I thought was a little cheeky. :wonder:

in fairness to simon he always points out he's a home economist rather than a proper chef not really sure what a home economist is though? is it just someone who cooks food but not for loads of people like chefs?

Latest posts

Back