Sillycone kitchen gadgets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Poor old Simon

Silicone food pods (colander for sauce pan) demonstrated showing half a dozen boiled eggs - "this helps to stop the eggs bouncing about and prevent them from cracking" - camera shot of eggs, you can guess the rest lol!

Sillcone tea bag infusers, used in mini saucepan to demonstrate use for mulled wine infusion - camera shot of being poured into glass - most of wine running down the side of saucepan!

I want to give him cuddle and say "Never mind, still love you!" :mysmilie_46:

Noticed on the tsv demo that after the initial carrot shredding, the carrots got stuck. He quickly moved onto the next waiting machine. I'd be interested to know if its demolishes parsnips and turnips, because most of the hand graters/cutters dont !

Sorry to say this, but never been a big fan of the kitchen demo guy.... he seems like a nice bloke and incredibly hard working which are qualities I value....BUT(!) he seems to be incompetent in the kitchen, completely clumsy and a little ingenuous... added to the fact that a lot of the appliances that QVC are hawking recently seem to be slightly upgraded versions of toys...maybe I am being too harsh, but I am a little unimpressed, and is a huge shame as I am quite a fan of a lot of the kitchen offerings (or had been until recently!)

I think the plastic bowls of todays TSV look incredibly thin and unsubstantial, reckon after a few washes in hot water they'll twist and you won't get the lids on.

I'm not a big fan of Simon but I have to admit to feeling a bit sorry for him. He's on a shopping channel doing his very best to make me believe I can't do without these silicone thingies in my kitchen. He's hardly made it big time as a chef has he?

uphill work for Simon B with some of those preopology items. did you see the Eggies? yikes! what a pile of sh*t!

and the TSV, that motor bit left massive gaps when it was attached to the bowl. looked cheap and nasty.

kitchen TSV days are usually good but what ive seen today has been rubbish. they spent over 15 minutes on those crappy whisks earlier...

Latest posts

Back