Sick of Mascara overkill!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Come on QVC. I am fed up with every make up TSV and OTO being Mascara. Every Mally set has a bliddy mascara in it. I have about 7 of the damn things. The OTO on now from Benefit is...surprise surprise...mascara. Doll 10 has a mascara. Bobbi Brown sets ...mascara again. Even Laura Geller sneaks in there. And Eyeko...a TSV stuffed with mascara!! They must be really cheap to produce but I would really like to see something different and let us use the mascaras we've got.

For the mascaras are always Black, I don't do Black and used to have to give them away. I do Brown which is warmer and looks better on me anyway. Or I wear Burgundy that one can be a minefield as so many are purple based, I want a true Burgundy reddish brown.

The older TSVs were the same Smashbox, you always got a Black mascara which I used to give away.

Another money making scam.

Well they are a business, so making money is sort of what they do ;-)
As for a scam? Well people must keep buying them and wanting them, or they wouldn't offer so many!
All joking aside, I love the Doll10 mascara and the Benefit one - the best mascaras I have ever tried.

I think they presume that even if a woman doesn`t wear much makeup she`ll always wear mascara and we`re (supposedly) to replace that mascara every couple of months. Plus I daresay it`s one of the cheaper items to produce.

I agree.
There are far too many black mascaras being flogged to death.
Apparently they are ALL miraculous, thickening, lengthening, curling, non smudging, easy removing, life-changing...
Yeah, right.

In my opinion most people look much better with brown or brown-black. Black is often too harsh and stark - especially people with softer or lighter skin/hair combos.

Is there a brand selling brown on the Q?

Glad I'm not the only one :)

Regarding the black/brown debate..even though I am blonde with light skin tone I was always advised by make up artists to wear black mascara and never brown for now. This is because I have big eyes and prominent eyelids which are dark and have always needed an eyelid base like Clinique touch base (even in my early 20's). I was told that brown mascara or brick-red -toned eyeshadows should be avoided for this reason because they make your eyes look heavy and drag them down, making them look tired and heavy. Since then I have always used black mascara, and still do. I have read in a book I own that when I am in my 50's (10 years time) I should then switch from black to brown.

Still does not mean that Q should give it a rest with mascaras though!

Latest posts

Back