Shows how much I know about crafting!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A good point Boris Bear, maybe QVC are looking to sell straight forward kits rather than any more adventurous and Dawn seems keen on what they stock.

I suppose that selling the "pop'em out and stack'em up" formula allows them to present as many items as poss without having to waste time with DB's demos.

If they introduced too many new techniques and types of product they would need to spend enough time on demos to ensure people understood them and then bought.

I'm sure that when I started watching DB about 4 years ago she spent much more time showing us how to get the best results out of each kit. Now all they do is show us sample cards that include the next product, so if you want the same "look" you need to buy both kits! Its so easy to get carried away by all the lovely papers etc and forget that these shows are all about the hard sell just like the other shows.

Linda :cheeky:

Yes, IF you like it in the first place!! I don't like decoupage, and I certainly don't like cute and cuddly! So for me, this kit is a real no no.

To be fair, some recent TSVs have been pure 'assembling', and have left little scope for advanced crafters.

Of course its only IF you like it in the first place, I just dont get the beefing about kits if you have imagination!

I consider myself an 'advanced' crafter (whatever that is? Is it length of service, or skill, who knows!), and yes I would like to see more items geared towards techniques, but its QVC we are talking about, and they sell to the mass market, so I dont have a problem with it.

Dawn did use to do more techniques, remember the perfect pearls and her DVD, that was one. The disadvantage of these types of things is that she had to include a DVD, if she didnt then if newbies had not recorded the demos then they would never remember everything she did with them, and that in turn made the cost of the kit higher which may mean that as many do not sell. QVC is all about the impulse buy, and there are prob lots of folk who have never crafted and tune in and think 'oh I could do that', which in an 'advanced' kit may not happen.

Like most 'advanced' crafters I get my inspiration from other places and not QVC, and if QVC bring me something that appeals, then fantastic.

Latest posts

Back